Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 12-01-13, 03:54 PM

Received 4,678 Likes on 3,168 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Any truth to the rumors off a Criterion B1G1 sale starting 12/10?
Old 12-01-13, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by dex14
Rumours where? Can't imagine so - that would be 50% again...
Old 12-01-13, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The British TV 50% off sale supposedly begins December 10 (and runs until December 16).
Old 12-01-13, 04:53 PM

Received 4,678 Likes on 3,168 Posts

Someone posted about it on criterionforum.org
Old 12-01-13, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dex14
If this were to happen I would guess it would be a buy 2 get 1 free sale. B&N had a Criterion blu-ray sale like this back toward the end of August. Seems like it is a little too soon for another Criterion sale to believe it.
Old 12-01-13, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like some cyber Monday coupons are coming up next. I don't know what exactly will show up but there are 30%, 25%, and 20% coupons listed. Most likely unique codes this time around.

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from December 2, 2013 at 12:01am to December 3, 2013 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

The 30% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK(R) devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 12-02-13, 12:09 AM

I just got an email for 25% off online only. It seems to be a generic code: CMONDAY25.

Since Laser Movies indicated there might be 30%, 25%, and 20% coupons, and also since apparently BFRIDAY40 and BFRIDAY30 both worked this past weekend, I tried typing in "CMONDAY30" instead just to see what would happen.

Lo and behold, it worked.

I tried it with Russian Ark, which I just bought with the BFRIDAY30 code. It accepted the code and took 30% off.

I did this using the mobile site, just like with the BFRIDAY40 code.
Old 12-02-13, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

There are 3 coupons. The 20% and 30% only activate off the mobile site, while you can use the 25% at either one. I don't believe any of these require a membership. The web site is erratic right now and presenting problems using it.

CMONDAY20 (mobile only) http://m.barnesandnoble.com/
CMONDAY25 Either web site
CMONDAY30 (mobile only) http://m.barnesandnoble.com/

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-02-13 at 01:06 AM.
Old 12-02-13, 01:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Later this week another round of coupons. A member 25% and a non-member 20%.

25% Off One Item
Bookseller Instructions: Scan all items, then scan coupon barcode or enter the coupon code. Discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item after the TOTAL button is pressed. If the discount does not apply, partner with the MOD. Collect coupon with purchase as coupon may only be redeemed once per Member.
25% Off One Item Coupon Details: For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store or once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from December 5, 2013 at 12:01am to December 9, 2013 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 5, 2013 to December 8, 2013 at close of business.

The additional 25% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 12-02-13, 01:59 AM

Why is the bn.com website so damn shitty? So many loading errors. Blech
Old 12-02-13, 04:37 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ntnon
Rumours where? Can't imagine so - that would be 50% again...
Except worse since (a) you have to buy in pairs to get the deal and (b) you have to match up prices to maximize savings.

With the straight 1/2 off, you can buy as few as you want in odd numbers at different prices. For instance, you could buy three with list prices of $29.99, $39.99, and $49.99 and get 50% off. With a BOGO, you'd only get half off two titles and the cheapest title would be the freebie.

So if you're planning on getting anything this time around, today's the day.
Old 12-02-13, 10:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by beer me
Why is the bn.com website so damn shitty? So many loading errors. Blech
I had a difficult time trying to navigate either B&N.com and the mobile site last night. Seems fine this morning.
Old 12-02-13, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I really likes 40% off & 30% off Black Friday coupons

All 40% off transaction

Zatoichi Set
John Cassavetes Set
Rossellini Bergman Set
Brazil
Pierre Etaix the Suitor Yoyo Set
Pina
The Qatsi Triology Set

Mixed up 40% & 30% every transactions

Tokyo Story
City Lights
Frances Ha
La Notte
The Uninvited
Eyes without a Face
I married a Witch
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
To be or Not to be
The Big City
Seconds
The Earring of Madame De
Babette's Feast
Marketa Lazarova
Safety Last
Things to Come
Wild Strawberry
Band of Outsiders
Repo Man
Gate of Hell
Richard III
Monsieur Verdoux
The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp
Sansho the Bailiff
The Ballad of Narayama
Ivanovo Detstvo
The Man Who knew too Much
Two Lane Blacktop
Following
Purple Moon

Tried pick up few more titles but the cashier is freaking out & nervous. He don't want to getting trouble! Oh well, Still have few more but will waits till next year budget
Old 12-02-13, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Jtnguyen12
I really likes 40% off & 30% off Black Friday coupons

All 40% off transaction

Zatoichi Set
John Cassavetes Set
Rossellini Bergman Set
Brazil
Pierre Etaix the Suitor Yoyo Set
Pina
The Qatsi Triology Set

Mixed up 40% & 30% every transactions

Tokyo Story
City Lights
Frances Ha
La Notte
The Uninvited
Eyes without a Face
I married a Witch
The Spy Who Came in from the Cold
To be or Not to be
The Big City
Seconds
The Earring of Madame De
Babette's Feast
Marketa Lazarova
Safety Last
Things to Come
Wild Strawberry
Band of Outsiders
Repo Man
Gate of Hell
Richard III
Monsieur Verdoux
The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp
Sansho the Bailiff
The Ballad of Narayama
Ivanovo Detstvo
The Man Who knew too Much
Two Lane Blacktop
Following
Purple Moon

Tried pick up few more titles but the cashier is freaking out & nervous. He don't want to getting trouble! Oh well, Still have few more but will waits till next year budget
And I was worried I went overboard buying a dozen things for myself and as presents...! Thanks for making me feel better!
Old 12-02-13, 02:45 PM

I was able to use the 40% coupon at one store, one time, for Tokyo Story. The manager rang it up for me after refusing the 30%, saying that it couldn't be combined with any other "promotion." He hadn't seen the 40% "coupon," so he tried it and the register accepted it so everything was golden. So, no to the 30% (they were told in meetings that it could not be used on already "discounted" items), but the 40%, with the identical language on it, was fine. Now that makes sense.

I got denied on the 30% and 40% at the two other stores in my area. I went back to the first store the next day to try to use the 40% for Zatoichi, but that same manager who did the 40% for me (it was a pretty big deal) was there and I didn't want any trouble.

So, some disappointments, but not being able to use the coupons saved me a lot more money than if I had been able to use them.
Spoiler:
I stopped buying things!
Old 12-02-13, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like the new sale is going live and the Criterion sale is done. Prices are increasing and the coupon restrictions are off. The cyber Monday coupons are still active for a few more hours. Maybe the last chance to snag a few deals before they expire.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-03-13 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-03-13, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

With the "50%-off British TV" sale starting, I picked up "Cadfael: Complete Collection" for $34.99. I used the CMONDAY30 code on the mobile site.
Old 12-03-13, 05:50 PM

The British sale is live already? I though it started next Tuesday. I do see titles like Cadfael at 50% off - but other British titles, like Doctor Who are not.
Old 12-04-13, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I added two new coupons to the active coupon list. A new member 25% and non-member 20% are now live online. I do have the store coupon numbers but do not have printable coupons for them. I'll check later today to see if I can find some printable store coupons to add.
Old 12-05-13, 12:44 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

While looking for new printable coupons ran across a new Mastercard coupon for toys and games. I remember there was some interest in these before so thought I would post it.

This is all I can find that appears if it is supposed to be a 25% store coupon. Hope it turns into something usable by tomorrow. There is also a 20% coupon that is similar for non-members.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&pid=48542

Oniline MCTOYGAME
Old 12-05-13, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have some spare coupons if anyone needs any that can be used either at stores or online. Most of them are 20% off for non-members.
Old 12-06-13, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

I also have a non-member 20% off coupon....I'm spent after last month. Please PM.
Old 12-06-13, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Laser -- have the generic code been discontinued?

I'm getting an invalid code when I try either of the 2 in the OP and the links don't go to the code instructions anymore?
They are gone. I will leave them up in case they come back.
Old 12-06-13, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here is confirmation on the B1G1 free Criterion sale. There may be coupon restrictions again online but there are 25% and 30% coupons scheduled next week from December 12 through December 15.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=11525

Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free Offer Details

This offer is in effect at BN.com from 12:01 a.m. EST December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at 11:59 p.m. EST, and at Barnes & Noble stores from December 10, 2013 to December 16, 2013 at close of business, while supplies last.

Buy one (1) qualifying DVD or Blu-ray from our Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free promotion and get a second Criterion Collection, DVD or Blu-ray of equal or lesser value free! Simply look for the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray product page icon or message or store product label on select DVDs and Blu-rays. Limit of ten (10) redemptions per customer.

At BN.com: Simply place 2 qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag, and proceed to Checkout. Your credit for the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray will appear at Checkout. Shipping charges may apply.

At Barnes & Noble stores: This offer applies only to the selected DVD and Blu-ray titles with a "Buy One, Get One Free" store label. Buy two (2) or more qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays and you will get the least expensive qualifying DVD or Blu-ray free.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards or eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any other products other than Blu-ray or DVD discs bearing the Buy One Criterion Collection DVD or Blu-ray, Get One Free icon or message (iv) not valid on shipping or handling expenses, or applicable sales tax; (v) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); and (vi) not valid at Barnes & Noble College retail bookstores or websites. This offer may not be combined with any other coupon or promotion, or with the Educator Discount. Void where prohibited by law.

Returns or cancellations that affect the minimum number of items purchased may result in a charge for the item of lesser value originally received as free. You will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit, debit or Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments and will notify you via e-mail of such charge or debit. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 12-06-13 at 11:32 PM.
Old 12-06-13, 11:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just tried the generic 25% off code online and it didn't work. I switched from the regular site to the mobile site and it did work.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.