Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-11, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

American Dad vol. 6 is $9.99 ($7.99 with a member coupon)
Old 11-22-11, 05:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If you're not receiving B&N emails I have a new page to try using for signing up to get email offers and coupons. I tested this a few days ago with my B&N membership email address that was not getting any promotional offers from B&N. Today I received my first B&N email in a very long time with this email address. I thought I would wait to mention it until I could confirm it actually worked. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it's certainly easy enough to try it out.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=41408
Old 11-22-11, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you're not receiving B&N emails I have a new page to try using for signing up to get email offers and coupons. I tested this a few days ago with my B&N membership email address that was not getting any promotional offers from B&N. Today I received my first B&N email in a very long time with this email address. I thought I would wait to mention it until I could confirm it actually worked. I don't know if it will work for everyone but it's certainly easy enough to try it out.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=41408
Which email did you receive? I didn't do anything today and I think I received a B&N email at every address I'd previously registered including the ones that never receive coupons.
Old 11-22-11, 08:42 PM
ADP

Looks like B&N will have a 50% off coupon on Black Friday on their books.
Old 11-22-11, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by ADP
Looks like B&N will have a 50% off coupon on Black Friday on their books.
Off list?

How do you know?
Old 11-23-11, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Is the 30% off coupon limited to one use per account?
Old 11-23-11, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kal Varnsen
Is the 30% off coupon limited to one use per account?
I would assume it is one use online per account as is stated in the fine print. I thought there could be another 30% coupon but I never found it. Maybe another one could end up on B&N's Facebook page.
Old 11-23-11, 12:36 AM

i really hate this talk of media format war now where streaming takes over everything, the only reason i doubt it is because of the studios make additional profits with physical media and really they could cancel streaming contracts with netflix and the other big players
Old 11-23-11, 12:37 AM

hmmmmmm 40% if you use it in-store
Old 11-23-11, 12:45 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jcez28
i really hate this talk of media format war now where streaming takes over everything, the only reason i doubt it is because of the studios make additional profits with physical media and really they could cancel streaming contracts with netflix and the other big players
I think it is near dead in physical stores like BN. They just can't compete with online except when they have a big promotion like the criterion sale. It is to be seen for online stores like amazon.
Old 11-23-11, 12:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jwstl
Which email did you receive? I didn't do anything today and I think I received a B&N email at every address I'd previously registered including the ones that never receive coupons.
Looks like an advertisement for new apps for the Nook. It's more than a coincidence since I have several other email addresses that were signed up earlier that are still receiving absolutely nothing. I signed up yesterday, received a welcome email a short time later, and got the first promotional email today. I signed up with another email address to see what happens.

Edit to add:

That was fast. I already received a B&N email with the other email address I signed up with a few minutes ago. No matter what I did I could never get emails with this address after May of last year. This is a different email advertising some of the Black Friday specials, and has the new 30% coupon I have on the first page. The email heading says: We Miss You! Click Today to Shop Our Amazing Black Friday Specials!. That link is definitely doing something for me. Now signed up with another email address that was previously shut out for B&N offers. Lets see if I can get another formerly dead address active again.

Here is what it says at the top of the page of the email.

We haven't heard from you recently. Do you still want to receive great offers and the latest book buzz via email from Barnes & Noble? Please click on any link in this email to let us know we have your correct email address and that you want to continue hearing from us.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-23-11 at 01:54 AM.
Old 11-23-11, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 127 Likes on 99 Posts

I just got the 30% email 5 minutes ago. Worth a look, it would basically give me free shipping & no sales tax on a cheap item.
Old 11-23-11, 02:43 AM

During the CC sale kept reading here and at other sites about customers when ordering/purchasing a single DVD and or Blu, that the one item orders are/were being shipped in a real flimsy plastic type of bag. Resulting in a lot of damaged cases and or floaters. Sorta has me nervous because I am wanting to make a couple single item puchases using a couple different coupons.
Old 11-23-11, 02:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevy
During the CC sale kept reading here and at other sites about customers when ordering/purchasing a single DVD and or Blu, that the one item orders are/were being shipped in a real flimsy plastic type of bag. Resulting in a lot of damaged cases and or floaters. Sorta has me nervous because I am wanting to make a couple single item puchases using a couple different coupons.
I received one order with the plastic bag. I ordered Dazed and Confused and it came in with no issues. The one I had a problem with that caused a couple of damaged Criterion cases were those flimsy cardboard mailers. Those are the ones you have to worry about.
Old 11-23-11, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Is it still possible to use coupons multiple times on the same account? I can't find a way to do it anymore. You used to be able to apply the coupon to your cart before checking out, and then sign in, but now you can't. Anyone find a way to do this? I was hoping to re-use the 30% off coupon on my member account, but I don't think that's possible anymore.
Old 11-23-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Is it still possible to use coupons multiple times on the same account? I can't find a way to do it anymore. You used to be able to apply the coupon to your cart before checking out, and then sign in, but now you can't. Anyone find a way to do this? I was hoping to re-use the 30% off coupon on my member account, but I don't think that's possible anymore.
It's no longer possible. They've closed that loophole.
Old 11-23-11, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They recently closed that loophole. It's now one time per account except for the AAA 10% code.
Old 11-23-11, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 243 Likes on 178 Posts

The printed coupon will still work over and over in-store though, right?
Old 11-23-11, 10:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
It should, yes.
Old 11-23-11, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Bummer. I only took advantage of that loophole once, since I didn't know about it sooner. That figures. What sucks even more is the order I placed with the 30% coupon I found cheaper elsewhere, thus it was a wasted use of the coupon. I tried to cancel the order online, which was an option still. But they later scheduled it to ship anyway. Their system truly sucks. Oh well...
Old 11-23-11, 10:43 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Bummer. I only took advantage of that loophole once, since I didn't know about it sooner. That figures. What sucks even more is the order I placed with the 30% coupon I found cheaper elsewhere, thus it was a wasted use of the coupon. I tried to cancel the order online, which was an option still. But they later scheduled it to ship anyway. Their system truly sucks. Oh well...
If you had canceled the order, you wouldn't have been able to re-use the coupon anyway. Unless I guess you called CS, but they're not always the most helpful people around.
Old 11-23-11, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

It wouldn't have mattered if you had cancelled it, the coupon would still have been "used".

That happened to me when I placed an order on my CC, and realized I had a $100 GC. I cancelled, reordered using the GC, but the coupon was denied because it had already been "used".
Old 11-23-11, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Kevy
I can't say I'm happy with the new packaging, but so far I haven't received anything broken or damaged yet. Even no issues with floaters. I've probably received at least six orders so far that used it.
Old 11-23-11, 11:42 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by illennium
If you had canceled the order, you wouldn't have been able to re-use the coupon anyway. Unless I guess you called CS, but they're not always the most helpful people around.
Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
It wouldn't have mattered if you had cancelled it, the coupon would still have been "used".

That happened to me when I placed an order on my CC, and realized I had a $100 GC. I cancelled, reordered using the GC, but the coupon was denied because it had already been "used".
Good point. I'm still kicking myself though. I also wasted one of the 20% coupons, for another item I found cheaper elsewhere. I need to learn to wait sometimes, instead of pouncing.
Old 11-23-11, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Maxflier
Is it live in-store yet? Will Barnes and Noble match their web-sire prices in-store?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.