Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-12, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Well here's my sorry update: My second and final B2G1F order arrived yesterday and everything was fine except REPULSION was the STANDARD DVD and not the BLU! So I immediately called them and told them they made a mistake. They said no mistake, "you ordered the standard DVD." Damn plus sigh, they were right. In my haste to get that second order in before the overlap ended I inadvertently ordered the wrong item.

So now I have to send it back at my expense and then call to replace the order with the Blu in order to still keep the B2G1F promotional price active.

I blame this all on Criterion for having the same price for Standard and Blu! Curses on them! They are responsible for my being a failure in life and my lawyer says I have an excellent case against them!
I think I would try to swap it at a local store since it's basically a exchange for the same title at the same price. They might allow it and it would save the hassle and expense of shipping it back.
Old 07-14-12, 05:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 208 Likes on 130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
For me it's the people who try to use the $8 off of $40 coupons on $39.99 titles. I have never tried this now would I ever try to get away with doing that and I believe the more people who try/get away with it, the more B&N will crack down on using any coupons with these sales.
If the clerk swipes the coupon and the computer accepts it, where's the problem? Now if a shopper argues with the clerk if it does not work, or if he abuses the hell out of the coupon in a way that attracts the attention of B&N, then he is hurting the rest of us.
Old 07-14-12, 05:20 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks Laser, the first CSR suggested that as well, but unfortunately my local B&N does not have a media section, just books. As it turned out, my brother also bought the Blu of REPULSION so I'm just going to borrow his copy to watch and will exchange the Standard DVD I mistakenly ordered for BEAUTY AND THE BEAST. The CSR told me that was fine.

Incidentally, it took three different calls and three different CSRs to resolve this. The second one completely contradicted the first one but the third one confirmed the first one. "Highways with Tibet," as Ralph Kramden once said!
Old 07-14-12, 05:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaymole
I reserved 4 items online at the Citicorp location yesterday and went to purchase them today. Found out that they are not taking reservations on Criterion titles online because of the demand for this sale. It would have been nice if they would have notified me of this as I received e-mail verifications that they were being held. Of course 3 of the 4 titles were sold out.
I wonder if it was just that store. I reserved the David Lean Directs Noel Coward set at the Yonkers store, it was held and I was able to use the $8 off $40 coupon with it. It scanned without a problem. This all happened on Friday. I also reserved a few titles earlier in the week and was able to pick up without a problem. Could be a NYC problem as I went to the 5th Ave Store on the first day of sale and they had none of the recently released discs I wanted in stock though they did say one of them was being held.
Old 07-14-12, 06:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the Union Square B&N to apply the mystery coupon. Here's the problem: the coupon will just refuse to ring up on the Criterions so they don't even know how much it is. But of course I already knew it was 30% and I'd gone to the Tribeca store in the morning (where they also refused to apply it on the Criterions, but let me buy something else) so I just said that they had checked it there and it was 30%. According to them, checking it marks it as used (not true) but after speaking to the manager they did it as a one-time override. So I got Gold Rush for $14 before tax. $15.23 after tax but since I'd bought the gift cards from Plastic Jungle I effectively got another 20% off that. So I got it for about $12. Comparable to the old price point of $13 with the $5 off $40 membership coupons. Of course, it's gotten a lot harder now...

I bought the Dylan Don't Look Back DVD set but I'm going to return it because there's a Blu-ray out now. The crazy thing is that Amazon sells the deluxe set for $15.49, bn.com has it for $28, in-store it was $30 and 40% off ($18 - still more than Amazon). BN.com has the BR for $36 while Amazon has it for $16. The stores are lovely but with pricing like this how will they survive?
Old 07-14-12, 10:15 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by cine
Is the $40 minimum limit in $8-off-$40 before or after the 50% off sale discount?
It's supposed to be after but when you use it in store it's always YMMV but worth trying.

I say it's supposed to be after because I've used this coupon online many times over the years and it has NEVER worked on any item with a selling price under $40 even if the list price was over 40. That shows you what the intent of the coupon is. But again, in store it's all about the individual's interpretation.
Old 07-14-12, 10:20 PM

I've finally had time to take a trip to my B&N store this Friday. I was able to use both the 5 off 50$ coupon and the 8 off 40$ one (on the by Brakhage set). At first the clerk wanted me to choose between the coupons, but I told her that since I was going to ask her for two separate bills anyways (for customs purposes), if maybe I could get one on each. She had no problem with that.

I feel she may have had an issue with scanning the coupons (I heard a non-cooperating beep when she did) but she hit a few buttons and both coupons came through.
Old 07-14-12, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
I tried an $8 coupon on Samurai Trilogy. It didn't scan, prompted a hard look at the coupon, and (almost) a call to the manager. At the last second, she hit a few keys and it went through. She said, "these have been buggy". Indeed. $23.49 + tax.
Congratulations. Wished my clerk had been that thoughtful but in the scheme of things I would have had to spend about the $8 I would have saved in gas to go to another B&N and still not had any promise that they would honor the coupon So I'm happy with the 50% off price.
Old 07-15-12, 01:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

for the first time I was denied on the $8 coupon - tried using it on the Czech New Wave Eclipse set but since the sale price was $32.50 the kid said it wouldn't work. I mentioned the fine print said it was the price before discounts, but he read it - twice - and said it was whatever the register said the price is so he couldn't do it. I should have put it back and got the Lean set instead, but I wanted it bad enough that I just bought the thing...$34 for 5 films is hardly a bad deal.

Kid was very young and clearly new though...I'd never seen him before. I'll have to keep checking in for my favorites as they were letting me use it on the $45 Eclipse sets last time.
Old 07-15-12, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TheHypnoToad
Congratulations. Wished my clerk had been that thoughtful but in the scheme of things I would have had to spend about the $8 I would have saved in gas to go to another B&N and still not had any promise that they would honor the coupon So I'm happy with the 50% off price.
Still not too shabby for a $70 DVDTalk Collectors' Series title! I was fully prepared to get it whether the coupon went through or not. Enjoy.
Old 07-15-12, 02:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Thanks for the 30% code. These expire today I think right?
Old 07-15-12, 02:38 PM

MJ14985AR7X6A
LZP6R91VNWSG8
CFA54TXG5WDU7
BZBVGZSWAQVSC
RFTQ6KNP8PDSS
KAN77P3SUVMAA
B6CTATZ2VVJUU
H3ADQ3ND2RABA
HQFWXGVYGS4Y9
3Q1DX88FYS325
3DDZB5UWPDCS7
55NLMXZU7LF7A
7GU54XFQZ23DC

Some 15s and 20s.
Old 07-15-12, 02:53 PM

Some very courteous and community-minded lurker(s) cherry-picked the 20% coupons from the ones ec461 posted and left the 15% ones unused, and then didn't post. Hopefully a bird will shit on them on their way to a job interview.
Old 07-15-12, 03:09 PM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

Never thought I'd get it work...but I got The Samurai Trilogy for 20 bucks by using the 8/40 coupon. The clerk first told me it wouldn't work because it was only $30. I simply said it states its the price before discounts. She said ok and that she would try...and it worked. With the overlap and this, this sale has been good to me so far.
Old 07-15-12, 03:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a couple 15% coupons I don't plan on using.

H3E6BGGSPK2XJ
XA3D4ZVD2VJCC
Old 07-15-12, 04:23 PM

20% bgn5a5yru6qu8
15% rbkkrb6v81alf
15% tpgqfdcj3xa2s
15% xfe4w2c6ays37
Old 07-15-12, 09:10 PM

15% coupons I'm not going to use.

PJQW7Q1WYJLLS
UB9YAC96FFMG4
Old 07-16-12, 10:45 AM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

RPTD32CDKMF25

I believe this is a 15% off; not enough for me to bother with - hope someone can use it!

Peter
Old 07-16-12, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Mystery coupons have expired.
Old 07-16-12, 01:01 PM

The clerk and then the manager of my local store told me that these coupons were fake. "Someone hacked our site and placed them there" he said. I then told him if your site was hacked and someone placed a coupon there do you really think its a safe place to be entering credit card data for online purchases? He stuttered and went quiet.
Old 07-16-12, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by yellowlt4
The clerk and then the manager of my local store told me that these coupons were fake. "Someone hacked our site and placed them there" he said. I then told him if your site was hacked and someone placed a coupon there do you really think its a safe place to be entering credit card data for online purchases? He stuttered and went quiet.
Idiots. The coupons weren't on the site; they were sent via email. And they've had these mystery coupons before.
Old 07-16-12, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

lol at the site being hacked and even funnier the response followed by silence. Yes!
Old 07-16-12, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I received a new in-store BN Buzz 15% off coupon. But of course, YMMV using it, if you don't have it on your phone to show them:
And of course, it may or may not work on Criterions. Please post once you find out for certain.
It does NOT list a Visa requirement, like the online coupons do.
Old 07-16-12, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
Idiots. The coupons weren't on the site; they were sent via email. And they've had these mystery coupons before.
Sometimes I wonder what woud happen in corporate boardrooms if we, the savvy consumers, recorded and submitted all of our conversations with store clerks.

Actually, I know what would happen. They would continue on the already-well-in-progress path to replace all human clerks with computers to the greatest extent possible.
Old 07-17-12, 10:36 AM

Received 4,585 Likes on 3,104 Posts

My Haul...so far...

B2G1
Twolane Blacktop
Amarcord
The Spy who Came In from the Cold
Being John Malkovich
A Night to Remember
Summer with Monika
The Seventh Seal
Alambrista
Anatomy of Murder

Visa 15%
Maitresse

In Store 10% + $5/$50 + $50 GC from AMEX
Magnificent Obsession
Design For Living
Summer Interlude
Letter Never Sent
Vanya on 42nd Street
The Samurai Trilogy - $8/$40 applied

And my CC collection overall...this is what these sales can do...
http://www.criterion.com/my_criterio...?sort_by=spine

Last edited by dex14; 07-17-12 at 10:41 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.