Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-11, 12:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
So when you order in store, you get the online price? I ask because the online price is almost always less than the in-store price which is usually MSRP.
Yes, ship to home orders will give the online price.
Old 01-28-11, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jwstl
You must be kidding. It isn't just the 50% coupon and member discount. When combined with the B2G1 sale and the current set of member coupons, Amazon can't touch the prices I'm getting at B&N.
True, but only if you're stacking coupons with the B2G1 deal, and get the member discount. Otherwise, without sales tax, Amazon can come pretty darn close.
Old 01-28-11, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by ec461
Can you a call a store with the coupon and ask them to ship it home? I am a member, FWIW, so S&H should be free.
I highly doubt it, but I think someone was successful doing that once. Huge YMMV.
Old 01-28-11, 12:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Went back to the store and used the 50% off coupon to pre-order Star Wars: The Complete Saga on Blu-ray for $45.
I may try doing the same with with a pre-order of Twilight Zone S3.
Old 01-28-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Thanks. I may pre-order Star Wars OT. Even though they're the bastardized versions, it's tough to stick to my principles at $22 + change.
Old 01-28-11, 12:58 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

True, but only if you're stacking coupons with the B2G1 deal, and get the member discount. Otherwise, without sales tax, Amazon can come pretty darn close.
Yes, this is assuming you can use the two 50% coupons and stack the B2G1 on top of that. They didn't let me do that at my store. I'm going to another bn and try it at that one. It's still a good deal in my opinion.

What I'm going to try and target is titles that aren't likely to go on sale any time soon. Might go on a Sunday too. Just hope I get different cashiers.
Old 01-28-11, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sleepyhead55
Yes, this is assuming you can use the two 50% coupons and stack the B2G1 on top of that. They didn't let me do that at my store. I'm going to another bn and try it at that one. It's still a good deal in my opinion.
If you are a member try using the 50% coupon and the $5 off coupons with the B2G1 offer. They allowed me to do that since they are all different coupons.
Old 01-28-11, 01:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks. I may pre-order Star Wars OT. Even though they're the bastardized versions, it's tough to stick to my principles at $22 + change.
No extra bonus discs in that version... I have to get the complete saga...
Old 01-28-11, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

If you are a member try using the 50% coupon and the $5 off coupons with the B2G1 offer. They allowed me to do that since they are all different coupons.
I wish I could do that. The two bn's around me all pretty much have this policy that can only use one coupon per transaction. I'll try it but I'm pretty sure I'll be shot down.
Old 01-28-11, 01:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

You must be kidding. It isn't just the 50% coupon and member discount. When combined with the B2G1 sale and the current set of member coupons, Amazon can't touch the prices I'm getting at B&N.
I should have been more specific: I meant to say when buying just a single item, not using the B2G1 deal. Even with the discount, I don't think I can afford to buy more than one title during this deal, so I probably can't exploit it to the fullest degree that you and others can. That's why I asked for people to post what they think is a good deal, not just a windfall.
Old 01-28-11, 01:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

My total would have been $60 more had I bought from Amazon and I'm only using one coupon per transaction. That doesn't sound like a bad deal to me. Of course you're going to be able to find examples where Amazon is close to these prices after B&N's 50% off, but just as with any deal you have to know how to shop.
Old 01-28-11, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I pre-ordered THE STIEG LARRSON TRILOGY BD on my lunch hour today for $32.29 before taxes.
Old 01-28-11, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

B&N.com has Deadwood BD on sale for 35% off, $136.49. I know my local store doesn't have it in stock so a ship-to-home order using the coupon would get me 50% off the online price and drop it to $68.25 plus tax. Tempting....
Old 01-28-11, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
I should have been more specific: I meant to say when buying just a single item, not using the B2G1 deal. Even with the discount, I don't think I can afford to buy more than one title during this deal, so I probably can't exploit it to the fullest degree that you and others can. That's why I asked for people to post what they think is a good deal, not just a windfall.
You're not really saving more with the B2G1 deal, so I wouldn't be bothered since you only wanted one item. The only thing the B2G1 deal is doing is reducing the amount of transactions and coupons we have to use.
Old 01-28-11, 01:30 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For what it's worth, there are good deals to be had here even if you aren't a member and aren't stacking coupons. I got the John Lennon Signature Box for $91, which is way cheaper than I've ever seen it on Amazon.

I also picked up three of the Looney Tunes Super Stars DVDs for $32 total (after using the B2G1 and the 50% Coupon). That comes out to $10.60 each, which is $4.39 cheaper than on Amazon. In total, that's a $13.17, which is pretty good.

---

Really, I should have become a member this year. I just didn't anticipate doing so much shopping there (the Criterion Sale, then the British Sale, and now this), but there are still lots of good deals without being a member.
Old 01-28-11, 01:40 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for the info, Dino.

So the best deal I can get for one item would be the 50% off coupon plus the 10% member discount plus (if they allow it) the $5 off of $20 coupon? Does that sound right or am I missing something? These B&N deals always make my head spin like Regan in THE EXORCIST and/or Reagan in the White House.
Old 01-28-11, 02:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

So the best deal I can get for one item would be the 50% off coupon plus the 10% member discount plus (if they allow it) the $5 off of $20 coupon? Does that sound right or am I missing something?
The only thing you're missing is the huge YMMV.

If you can stack coupons, there are two unique 50% off coupons, a $5 off one DVD coupon, and a $5 off $50 coupon. In addition, there's a B2G1 deal underway on DVD/Blu-ray.

The trick is finding a clerk who's not a stickler. Otherwise, you might get read the company policy, prohibiting the combining of any coupons and/or deals.
Old 01-28-11, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just used the 50% coupon 3 more times (I'm up to 6 coupons used so far)... Pre-ordered SW Complete Saga (was gonna get a $6 bargain book with it but was shot down on the $5 off $50 coupon--she tried it, but said it was rejected). I didn't even try for a B2G1F with that. Then I got Machete, Dinner for Scmucks, and Saw 3D for $38 total. I had bought Saw 3D the other day at BB for $25, so getting Machete and Schmucks for $13 extra is sweeeet...
Oh, and I got the same cashier as yesterday. I debated not even trying it, but I did, and she allowed it. Then another cashier who looked like a supervisor came up. Glad I didn't try it two minutes later, cuz he looked mean...
Old 01-28-11, 02:29 PM

Let me see if I've got this straight... Since the prices are cheaper online, I can go into the store, have a cashier order it for me online, scan the store coupon, pay, then have the item shipped to my home? All without having to pay the inflated store price, even though the item is physically there inside the store? If I'm misunderstanding anything here, I apologize for being a cheap idiot.
Old 01-28-11, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dino88
You're not really saving more with the B2G1 deal, so I wouldn't be bothered since you only wanted one item. The only thing the B2G1 deal is doing is reducing the amount of transactions and coupons we have to use.
HUH? It may be reducing transactions, but I'm using the same amount of coupons, and getting one for FREE. I'm definitely saving more with the B2G1F deal...
Old 01-28-11, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm trying not to push it too far. I've been fine using both 50% off coupons, one per box set, at both our B&N stores. So far, getting four box sets (three of them new releases) with a total list price of $210 for about $86, including tax, has been more than good enough for me.

I may be back for a little more.
Old 01-28-11, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Kent2000
Let me see if I've got this straight... Since the prices are cheaper online, I can go into the store, have a cashier order it for me online, scan the store coupon, pay, then have the item shipped to my home? All without having to pay the inflated store price, even though the item is physically there inside the store? If I'm misunderstanding anything here, I apologize for being a cheap idiot.
In theory that could work, but if they have the item in-stock at that location they can shoot you down. Check your store inventory online first, and go to a store that doesn't have the item in-stock. This will greatly increase your chances. For pre-orders, it should be easy peasy since none of the stores have it in stock...
BTW, at many stores you can go to the information desk to place the Ship to Home order, then you go to any cashier to pay. I like to avoid doing a ship to home order in the media department, because then I can use different coupons there on the same trip...
Old 01-28-11, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by movielib
I'm trying not to push it too far.
I agree, but this particular store is on the other side of town near my work. I wanted to use it as much as I could yesterday and today, since I won't be hitting that store again this weekend. Tomorrow I start hitting the store close to home.
Old 01-28-11, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

In theory that could work, but if they have the item in-stock at that location they can shoot you down.
They will shoot you down. The system won't permit a special order if the item is in stock. I know this because I tried it during the Criterion sale, when all they had were the older digipacks in-store, and I wanted the newer version in the keep case. Since the UPCs were the same, the system blocked the clerk from ordering another copy, even though he was willing.

Also, to the poster with the question, you only get free shipping if you have a membership.
Old 01-28-11, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the info, Dino.

So the best deal I can get for one item would be the 50% off coupon plus the 10% member discount plus (if they allow it) the $5 off of $20 coupon? Does that sound right or am I missing something? These B&N deals always make my head spin like Regan in THE EXORCIST and/or Reagan in the White House.
I don't think the system allows two coupons stacked on ONE item. People are using multiple coupons on the same transaction, but there is more than one item being purchased. If you can pull off two coupons on one item, I bow to you...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.