Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Old 09-02-08, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think he meant for orders under $25... Although for members, it does allow free shipping for $20+ after all discounts are applied, as long as it was $25 before discounts. I just placed an order from my member account for $20.53 and still got free shipping. I figured it was better to use my member account, 15% coupon, and 15% from live.com than any other combination. I added a $2.98 bargain book to the order to achieve the minimum. I will return the bargain book to my local store later
You can return anything from an online order, but they will likely give you store credit, and NOT a refund to your credit card (some managers will, but it is definitely YMMV)
Old 09-02-08, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I figured it was better to use my member account, 15% coupon, and 15% from live.com than any other combination.
I've placed some order with this combination, also. However, I'm not sure if the use of the coupon is going to negate the 15% cashback from live.com later on. I know some sites won't even let you enter a coupon if you go through live.com, but for those like B&N that do, might they "catch" it later even though it presently shows in the cashback account pending 60 days?

In any case, I'm only ordering this way in cases where it's a good deal even without the cashback.
Old 09-02-08, 07:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rkndkn
I've placed some order with this combination, also. However, I'm not sure if the use of the coupon is going to negate the 15% cashback from live.com later on. I know some sites won't even let you enter a coupon if you go through live.com, but for those like B&N that do, might they "catch" it later even though it presently shows in the cashback account pending 60 days?

In any case, I'm only ordering this way in cases where it's a good deal even without the cashback.
Good point. But I would have ordered it anyway. I consider the cashback a "bonus" and don't calculate it into my final cost for anything I order...
Old 09-03-08, 01:56 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The live.com cashback is down to 6% for B&N. (Showing 15% on the cashback store page, but changes to 6% when you click through.) Most of the stores took a big cashback % drop today.
Old 09-03-08, 02:57 PM

Laser, do you know when the three 15% Off coupons that expire on October 6th will be activated? There's no start date listed.
Old 09-03-08, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
Laser, do you know when the three 15% Off coupons that expire on October 6th will be activated? There's no start date listed.
I have no idea when those coupons will become active. If there is no start date listed they could begin working anyday. If you are waiting for new coupons the codes listed to start on September 5 should get activated around 12 PM eastern time tonight. Usually B&N activates coupons with a start date 24 hours before the official date listed.
Old 09-03-08, 03:54 PM

Thanks! I was waiting on the Sept. 5th coupons to activate. I appreciate you keeping these coming. I'm using them all the time now and they really, really help out. Especially if one waits for a 40% Off sale, like the one going on right now. I've ordered several things already and was simply waiting on more coupons before finishing up. Thanks again!
Old 09-03-08, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by rkndkn
The live.com cashback is down to 6% for B&N. (Showing 15% on the cashback store page, but changes to 6% when you click through.) Most of the stores took a big cashback % drop today.
Damn! Well, glad I put one more order through last night...

Last edited by kenbenobi; 09-03-08 at 08:28 PM.
Old 09-08-08, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

List updated. Added a few new coupons to the active list and removed some expired ones. Today is the last day to use the members 20% code. Use it if you can before it expires. However the new replacement code for it is now active.
Old 09-08-08, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks, Lasermovies. Another reminder, today is the last day for the 10% discount at NSCS...
Old 09-09-08, 06:11 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 878 Likes on 743 Posts
can someone tell me why i still can't use a 20% coupon. now L4C7C9Y i can't get this to work, nor have i ever been able to get a 20% to work. i am a member and can get 15% to work.

please, i want to use this!!
Old 09-09-08, 06:36 PM

Yeah, I've not been able to figure that out yet, either.
Old 09-09-08, 08:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have no answers why some members can use the 20% codes, while others cannot. I have had no problems using them with my membership. In fact when I had 2 memberships for a while I was able to use them on both accounts. If it's any consolation the 25% codes will hopefully start showing up again next month.
Old 09-10-08, 07:44 AM

Ah, this is probably it:
Originally Posted by a working code like X7X8J9H
For each valid and current Barnes & Noble Member account...
Originally Posted by a 20% code like L4C7C9Y
For each valid, current and registered Barnes & Noble Member account...
Of course, BN.com won't easily let me register the membership for my account for whatever reason, but I imagine if one were to do so it'd solve any issues with the 20% codes.
Old 09-10-08, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have no answers why some members can use the 20% codes, while others cannot. I have had no problems using them with my membership. In fact when I had 2 memberships for a while I was able to use them on both accounts. If it's any consolation the 25% codes will hopefully start showing up again next month.
good, that will probably another one that won't work for me.

Originally Posted by Bob511
Ah, this is probably it:

Of course, BN.com won't easily let me register the membership for my account for whatever reason, but I imagine if one were to do so it'd solve any issues with the 20% codes.
what does register membership mean? i am a member what else do i have to register?
Old 09-10-08, 05:22 PM

Seems to be a way to allow you to make changes to your membership profile online, but I can't say for sure, as it won't let me register online (probably because the account was under my name and the membership opened in-B&M by my girlfriend). I believe online-enrolled/renewed memberships are automatically registered, which might be why some are registered and can use those coupons without realizing having done anything differently.

In any case, it's an option on the main account page.
Old 09-10-08, 05:22 PM

ureka!!! i registered and it worked!!!! yay for me. now this 20% coupon is only a one time coupon? so i can't ever use it again for any other online purchases?
Old 09-10-08, 08:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
ureka!!! i registered and it worked!!!! yay for me. now this 20% coupon is only a one time coupon? so i can't ever use it again for any other online purchases?
i was rooting for ya all the way because its been such a dang long time youve been trying lol!

and yesh, one time use per account. so you gotta wait until the next 20% coupon comes around.
Old 09-10-08, 09:00 PM

I'm jacked up about a potential 25% coupon! I already know what I'll use that one for. Thanks again, Laser.
Old 09-10-08, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GaryO
I'm jacked up about a potential 25% coupon! I already know what I'll use that one for.
So do I. The Borzage/Murnau set for around 135 bucks with tax.
Old 09-10-08, 11:05 PM

Originally Posted by hindolio
i was rooting for ya all the way because its been such a dang long time youve been trying lol!

and yesh, one time use per account. so you gotta wait until the next 20% coupon comes around.
thanks h.
Old 09-11-08, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If it's any consolation the 25% codes will hopefully start showing up again next month.
Are you just guessing, since the holiday shopping season is approaching? I was thinking they weren't going to have any more 25% ones. I surely hope you are right... But I'm much rather have the 50% off code like last year! Now THAT rocked!!!
Old 09-11-08, 08:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

But I'm much rather have the 50% off code like last year! Now THAT rocked!!!
Getting Ford at Fox for $90.00 was amazing.
Old 09-11-08, 08:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I was right there with on that one NoirFan! I also got the complete Seinfeld set with the code, so I have two B&N memberships now.

Oh how I'd like to have that code just one more time.
Old 09-11-08, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Are you just guessing, since the holiday shopping season is approaching? I was thinking they weren't going to have any more 25% ones. I surely hope you are right... But I'm much rather have the 50% off code like last year! Now THAT rocked!!!
More or less guessing since the 25% coupons last year didn't start showing up until around October. A few more weeks we should start seeing some more of the October coupons from B&N, which may answer the question what B&N's plans are for the holidays. The past couple of years since I have been shopping at B&N they have had the 25% coupons during the holiday shopping season. I don't see any reason why they would quit this year. I assume many stores are expecting slower sales this holiday season, and would want to offer some extra incentives to shoppers to start buying.

It would also be nice if there was another 50% coupon as well. I purchased a second B&N membership so I could use it twice.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.