Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-16, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Used the two 15% 12/17 Codes today (along w/ double member discount) and had a few issues.
First the cashier was really thrown by the expiration code, checked w/ higher up before even scanning. That persons response was, "did you scan them to see if the work." She then scanned them but they didn't apply correctly. They applied to to a couple of the bargain books and not the regular price items (Magic the Gathering stuff). MTG has never been excluded from the coupons and weren't in the fine print on these. The cashier kept saying something about them being "electronics". Eventually the cashier talked to someone else and applied the discount manually.
Old 09-30-16, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Get 15% Off $40 more†
†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department & Gift Cards Excluded
Expires: ??? 10/05/2016
Online Coupon BNOCTOBER15

Spoiler:
This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from October 1, 2016 at 12:01am to OCTOBER ???, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off your order of $40 or more, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Sphero products, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

A surprise in the works tonight. Another 15% Whole Cart coupon. As before this does appear to work on usually ineligible items as long as you have at least $40 of qualifying items loaded in addition to your preorders or other items.

Last edited by hariseldon; 09-30-16 at 11:15 PM.
Old 10-06-16, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

20% Friends and Family Octo 6 through Oct 11 2:50am

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/promos....jsp?cid=3ef00
Old 10-07-16, 02:17 AM

every time I look at BN, their prices seem way too high - even with the discounts.

Are there any really good deals with the coupons that I probably am missing?
Old 10-09-16, 01:17 AM

If you like new releases (doesn't matter what media), combined with a coupon, and free shipping- BN can be hard to beat. The free shipping pays for itself quite quickly if you're a member, no minimums.

I also love it because the coupons/free ship are good on the bargain/remainder section, you can find a lot of gems online if you poke around.

The in-store discount of 10% kind of sucks for anything except paperbacks (and the aforementioned bargain/remainder), but my mom buys romance novels, so it's good for her. The discount is good in the cafe, which is nice. It's coming to the time of year where we give gift tins of stuff like tea.

I live in Ohio and can pick up BN gift cards at Giant Eagle that count toward gas discounts as well.
Old 10-14-16, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received a 20% off in-store coupon today, for certain stores, Expiring 11/13/2016. Unfortunately it is a unique one-time use code, so I can't share it. But check your emails if you live near these stores:

Coupon only valid at the following locations: Danbury Square - Danbury, CT;Holyoke - Holyoke, MA; Lone Tree - Lone Tree, CO; Brick - Brick, NJ; Northwest - Las Vegas, NV; Bel Air - Bel Air, MD; Encinitas - Encinitas, CA; High Point - High Point, NC; Ellicott City - Ellicott City, MD; Long Beach - Long Beach, CA; Baybrook - Webster, TX; Thousand Oaks - Thousand Oaks, CA; Westside - Tucson, AZ; Norman - Norman, OK; Jensen Beach - Jensen Beach, FL; Corpus Christi - Corpus Christi, TX; Greece - Rochester, NY; Costa Mesa - Costa Mesa, CA; Cranberry - Cranberry Township, PA; Colonial - Orlando, FL; Coral Springs - Coral Springs, FL; Cumberland - Atlanta, GA; Modesto - Modesto, CA; Fields Ertel - Cincinnati, OH; State College - State College, PA; Lakewood - Lakewood, WA; Melbourne - West Melbourne, FL; Merritt Island - Merritt Island, FL; Newport News - Newport News, VA; Pembroke Pines - Pembroke Pines, FL; West Side - Albuquerque, NM; Houston Champions - Houston, TX; Baton Rouge - Baton Rouge, LA; West Kendall - Miami, FL; Waterfront/Homestead - Homestead, PA; Reading - Wyomissing, PA; Pickerington - Pickerington, OH; Galleria at Tyler - Riverside, CA; Green Bay - Green Bay, WI, Chandler Fashion Mall - Chandler, AZ; Desert Ridge - Phoenix, AZ; Coronado Mall - Albuquerque, NM; Paddock Shops - Louisville, KY; North Park Mall - Davenport, IA; Gateway - Salt Lake City, UT; Fort Lauderdale - Fort Lauderdale, FL; Newport on the Levee - Newport, KY; Pasadena - Pasadena, TX; Westbank - Harvey, LA; Lloyd Center - Portland, OR; Fullerton - Fullerton, CA; Hadley - Hadley, MA; Bowie - Bowie, MD; Holmdel - Holmdel, NJ; Eden Prairie Center - Eden Prairie, MN; Clarendon Market Common - Arlington, VA; Victorville Mall - Victorville, CA; Cape Cod Mall - Hyannis, MA; Miller Hill Mall - Duluth, MN; Morris Plains - Morris Plains, NJ; Palm Beach Gardens - Palm Beach Gardens, FL; Lake Sumter Market Square - The Villages, FL; First Colony Mall - Sugar Land, TX; Southlands Town Center - Aurora, CO; Prestonwood Center - Dallas, TX; Valley View Mall - La Crosse, WI; Green Oak Village Place - Green Oak Township, MI; Cape Girardeau - Cape Girardeau, MO; Center Valley - Center Valley, PA; Altoona - Altoona, PA; New Town Shops - Williamsburg, VA; Bayshore Mall - Glendale, WI; Eastlake - Chula Vista, CA; Kitsap Mall - Silverdale, WA; Corte Madera -; Corte Madera, CA; Carolina Place Mall - Pineville, NC; Bonita Springs - Estero, FL; Milford - Milford, CT.
Old 10-16-16, 04:42 PM

I received my mailer coupons yesterday. Two 20% off coupons, buy 1 coloring book get one 1/2 off, and $10 off a cheesecake. Expire 11/13/16.
Old 10-16-16, 06:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobaray
I received my mailer coupons yesterday. Two 20% off coupons, buy 1 coloring book get one 1/2 off, and $10 off a cheesecake. Expire 11/13/16.
I got the same mailer.
Old 10-18-16, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

What's the MSRP for the usual film released by Criterion?
Old 10-18-16, 08:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

When Barnes and Noble does their 40% off all Blu-rays, what are the exceptions? Like, do they really mean it or do they exclude certain Blu-rays?
Old 10-18-16, 09:43 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Should I wait for that sale or buy a 50% off 4K movie I want on Amazon?
Old 10-18-16, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Thank you, haris.
Old 10-19-16, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Possible upcoming Whole Cart Discount who those looking to order something before the Criterion Sale.

15% off $50 of More Purchase (maybe with above $50 loophole still working)
BNMAPLE15 Possible 10/22 -10/27 The valid dates are a bit unclear, but the last few of these have gone live on Saturday morning a bit after 12:01am ET

As feared it appears that BN has changed the way the code their templates and advance coupons. It appears they now have gone to some sort of teh random coupon id generator so finding hidden or advance codes has become 3 orders of magnitude harder.

Tomorrow would be the normal day for 15/20% email coupons, but I'm blind to them other than waiting for 2am.

I was able to get the next set of New Member codes from a member so for now at least we have those.

The 20% online code listed in the summary expires at the beginning of the Criterion sale so we'll need some forum member help to get another code. WHOEVER uses one of their Mailer Coupons first (esp if you use them before the beginning of the sale) it would be extremely helpful to post the used code here (or send it PM to me) so it can be tested for re-usability for at least member if not universal. Just remember that recently these mailer codes have been able to used instore and then online, but NOT the other way. If you use it online first it will usually ring up already redeemed if you try it in store later.

Sometime after Nov 1 we may need another Customer Service code to replace the 20% so that we all can have something that may last through New Years and all the expected upcoming sales.

Last edited by hariseldon; 07-02-18 at 01:16 PM.
Old 10-20-16, 02:08 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

15% Off Single Item Printable
HARVEST15 -- Online or B7Y8L7W -- Store
valid at BN.com from October 20, 2016 at 12:01am to October 24, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 20, 2016 to October 23, 2016 at close of business.

There is a 20% Member Only Single item Unique ID code as well.
valid at BN.com from October 20, 2016 at 12:01am to October 24, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 20, 2016 to October 23, 2016 at close of business. Check your member emails
Old 10-21-16, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
15% Off Single Item Printable [/URL]
HARVEST15 -- Online or B7Y8L7W -- Store
valid at BN.com from October 20, 2016 at 12:01am to October 24, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 20, 2016 to October 23, 2016 at close of business.

There is a 20% Member Only Single item Unique ID code as well.
valid at BN.com from October 20, 2016 at 12:01am to October 24, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from October 20, 2016 to October 23, 2016 at close of business. Check your member emails
Does anyone have a link to the 20% off coupon? I just linked my membership # to my email account yesterday but did not get the promo. Thanks
Old 10-21-16, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by hariseldon
If you've linked your email/membership number in the Account Management section of BN.com I'd strongly suggest scrolling to the bottom of the page and entering that email address in the BE IN THE KNOW box as well. You should get a Welcome email fairly quickly to let you know the systme recorded that address . I would add that address you your Friendly Address Book/Contacts since there are many email clients that aggressively filter BN email to the spam/junk folders. Gmail often sends them to the Promo/Sales folders if you haven't inactivated that little nuisance.
Thanks, I will give that a go!
Old 10-22-16, 09:58 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..i just tried this and it does not work on pre-orders
Old 10-22-16, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

What are the usual promo codes released during Black Friday that we could use in combination with the Criterion Collection sale that is supposedly coming up?
Old 11-02-16, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

No apology necessary as you are the backbone of this. Hope things get better.
Old 11-02-16, 09:16 AM

Amazon's store pricing stragegy might help BN?

Could this new development with Amazon cause BN to rethink charging members full list price at stores? We can hope! BN's stores are just not competitive. BN probably won't do anything until a new CEO is found, which I am thankful looks like it won't happen before Black Friday. Hopefully Black Friday will be Labor Day all over again.

http://www.geekwire.com/2016/amazon-...tail-strategy/

If there's a good coupon this BF, I encourage you to use it to the absolute max. I know the new exclusions can make that hard. But new management tends to want to change things, so we may be looking back at 2016 as the last golden age of BN.

The BF promotion hasn't been announced yet, but BN has always been late in announcing theirs compared to other retailers. (Their page is http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/blac...r-monday-deals)

[BTW, I'm not sure Amazon's deal is too good. In my case, I mostly buy books, not movies, so YMMV, but.... you have essentially a $100 deductible when you buy Prime. You have to meet your deductible, meaning you buy enough books that the difference between list price and Prime price is $100. That's about 12 books. Most new hardback books are about $8 cheaper online, or 30% off. Once you meet your deductible, you get the online price, and start saving money, so you'd have to buy well over a dozen new hardbacks per year (or the equivalent) to save much money. (Can a bunch of people buy a Prime membership and share it?) BN's membership is only $25, not $100, so your deductible is lower. Online, the free shipping plus online discount plus a coupon is unbeatable. Amazon doesn't come close. In the store, you'd have to calculate the break-even point for saving $25. You'd save about $5 per book (with 10% member discount and a coupon), so you'd only need to buy about 5 hardbacks to break even on membership. You wouldn't save as much from then on, but you'd start saving sooner.]

Last edited by DoverMath; 11-02-16 at 09:35 AM. Reason: I did the math
Old 11-02-16, 09:47 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Re: Amazon's store pricing stragegy might help BN?

Originally Posted by DoverMath
Could this new development with Amazon cause BN to rethink charging members full list price at stores? We can hope! BN's stores are just not competitive. BN probably won't do anything until a new CEO is found, which I am thankful looks like it won't happen before Black Friday. Hopefully Black Friday will be Labor Day all over again.

If there's a good coupon this BF, I encourage you to use it to the absolute max. I know the new exclusions can make that hard. But new management tends to want to change things, so we may be looking back at 2016 as the last golden age of BN.

The BF promotion hasn't been announced yet, but BN has always been late in announcing theirs compared to other retailers. (Their page is http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/blac...r-monday-deals)

[BTW, I'm not sure Amazon's deal is too good. In my case, I mostly buy books, not movies, so YMMV, but.... you have essentially a $100 deductible when you buy Prime. You have to meet your deductible, meaning you buy enough books that the difference between list price and Prime price is $100. That's about 12 books. Most new hardback books are about $8 cheaper online, or 30% off. Once you meet your deductible, you get the online price, and start saving money, so you'd have to buy well over a dozen new hardbacks per year (or the equivalent) to save much money. (Can a bunch of people buy a Prime membership and share it?) BN's membership is only $25, not $100, so your deductible is lower. Online, the free shipping plus online discount plus a coupon is unbeatable. Amazon doesn't come close. In the store, you'd have to calculate the break-even point for saving $25. You'd save about $5 per book (with 10% member discount and a coupon), so you'd only need to buy about 5 hardbacks to break even on membership. You wouldn't save as much from then on, but you'd start saving sooner.]
I suggest that you take the Amazon complaining to the Amazon complaining thread. link: http://forum.dvdtalk.com/store-forum...on-thread.html

We're all here because we see value in B&N discounts ... no need to preach to the choir.
Old 11-02-16, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Amazon complaining
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to complain, just seeing how BN stacked up to the competition. Given their store discounts match this new Amazon deal, I doubt we'll see any real change in how the store works.
Old 11-02-16, 11:13 AM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,188 Likes on 838 Posts

I didn't get the mailer coupons, despite signing up for the membership before the last sale. I'll call CSR and see what they can do.
Old 11-02-16, 11:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm looking for current $5/$50 and/or $8/$40 coupons. I'm at the store, but using my iPhone I'm not finding any in-store coupons that I could immediately use. If anyone could be so kind to post any in-store coupons here, I'd much appreciate it. Thx!
Old 11-02-16, 12:50 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 129 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by DoverMath

As someone that buys mostly books from B&N I would agree with you. Usually price is the same between Amazon and B&N online. Coupons, though swing it to B&Ns favor each and every time, though. As a member there, I also get free shipping. Not as fast as Amazon, but not bad at all.
That being said, I never shop in B&Ns brick and mortar stores. Their pricing makes it not worth it. Even with the 10% member discount and a 20% coupon, stuff is still priced significantly higher than online. Back in teh day, Sam Goody used to do the same thing. The pricing online was a lot cheaper than in store, and they wouldn't match the price, saying they were two separate entities.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.