Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-16, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

What's the easiest way to get free shipping and use a 40% off coupon on an item? I was thinking about preordering an item and then cancelling it after my other item ships. Can I do this painlessly on bn.com?
Old 09-03-16, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 214 Likes on 189 Posts

By the way, I know you can return a shipped item to a brick-and-mortar store, but can you return a Blu-ray to a B&N that doesn't have a video section. The only one that does near me is a long haul from where I'm at.
Old 09-03-16, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking for a few coupon codes if anybody has any extras. I want to buy Endeavour season 3, inspector Lewis, in the line of duty, the night manager, and the criterion collection movie "a taste of honey."

Thank you very much in advance for your generosity!
Old 09-03-16, 06:45 PM
Cool New Member

same here...tin-cupping for a few 40% off coupons...thanks so much!
was going to ask if the coupons are good for CD box sets
Old 09-03-16, 10:47 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DWilson
By the way, I know you can return a shipped item to a brick-and-mortar store, but can you return a Blu-ray to a B&N that doesn't have a video section. The only one that does near me is a long haul from where I'm at.
I don't know if this is a YMMV thing, but I was able to do so when the closest store to me used to be one without a media section.
Old 09-04-16, 12:59 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I could use 2 in store coupons if you have it. Thanks
Old 09-04-16, 01:39 PM

Yesterday, my wife used my 40% off coupon in store, and later, I was rejected for using a coupon with the same code.

Did anyone have luck using a code more than once in a brick and mortar?

- Trev
Old 09-04-16, 05:12 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
The 13 character codes should be one time use in store...

I have plenty of extra unique codes if you want to go back. Just let me know how many you need
Be aware that they may also (discretion? policy?) deny the use of DIFFERENT coupons, under a "one coupon per customer" pseudo-rule.

Not a very pleasant (or beneficial) trip for me today: accusations and bluster rather than discounts. I understand the reluctance to allow good deals, but a) Amazon has better prices, and b) SO DOES BN.COM.

So why go to the store at all, if they're just going to be unhappy and deny coupons? (See also: why send coupons that aren't going to work at all; are going to be cancelled early and/or are going to be disallowed by over-zealous staff...)
Old 09-04-16, 06:50 PM

The 13 character codes should be one time use in store. Technically they should be one time use in store or online, but the online registration of used codes hasn't been active for over a year. The 7 or 8 character codes where everybody gets the same codes are normally multi-use

I have plenty of extra unique codes if you want to go back. Just let me know how many you need
Thanks for the offer. I do have spares, just didn't think to take them with me... doh.

- Trev
Old 09-04-16, 08:05 PM

hi everybody! i hope i am not too late to the party. i just learned about the 40% coupons. i am looking for a few coupons if you do not plan to use yours. thank you.
Old 09-05-16, 08:27 AM

The 13 character codes should be one time use in store. Technically they should be one time use in store or online, but the online registration of used codes hasn't been active for over a year. The 7 or 8 character codes where everybody gets the same codes are normally multi-use

Hello. Could I please get 2 of the in-store 40% coupons if still available? Many thanks!
Old 09-05-16, 02:29 PM

I am definitely late to the party. Does anyone have a couple un-used 40% coupons that are still redeemable in store? Thanks very much in advance!
Old 09-05-16, 06:58 PM

...particularly as the website seems to be either slow or down. Or both in turn.
Old 09-06-16, 02:40 PM

been out holiday-ing, but should be in for the evening now.

Sent you an email. Hopefully still some time to hit the stores
Thanks very much!
Old 09-07-16, 03:18 PM

Well. Labor Day fun is over -- 40% off coupons all expired, but it was fun while it lasted.

WIKI updated

There are basically some 15% online codes and the untested 15% store codes.

The generic Customer Service 15 and 20% expired on 8/31 so if anyone has to call CS to complain about an order or missing email/coupons they may give you the the new codes that should be good until Halloween.

If so, please share them
I just used the two 15% store codes today, and they worked without a hitch. The cashier did act quite perplexed by them though. She kept saying that it was bizarre that they didn't expire until December, and she thought that some kind of mistake had been made with them. Other than that, they scanned just fine and worked perfectly.
Old 09-09-16, 06:08 AM

BN Management Speaks

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...worst-in-years

Interesting read about how clueless BN's management is. I enjoyed the 40% off coupon, but I wonder how viable BN is going forward. Their CEO doesn't know store traffic and sales are brutal because the stores sell items at full cover price/MSRP which has increased dramatically over the past few years to "price in" online discounts?
Old 09-10-16, 07:22 PM

Re: BN Management Speaks

Originally Posted by DoverMath
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articl...worst-in-years

Interesting read about how clueless BN's management is. I enjoyed the 40% off coupon, but I wonder how viable BN is going forward. Their CEO doesn't know store traffic and sales are brutal because the stores sell items at full cover price/MSRP which has increased dramatically over the past few years to "price in" online discounts?
I nearly got into it with the manager guy I mentioned before (and was probably not banned because of that - he threatened me) over that. I understand they don't like people using coupons, reducing profit margins - possibly even resulting in a loss, in extreme cases - but it really comes down to the numbers*:

Instore - Full Price + tax (+ gas).... 10% off, but no discrete coupons
Amazon - 20-30(+)% off, no tax, delivered to my door free
BN.com - 10(+)% off + tax, coupons reusable (even though they shouldn't be**), delivered to my door free

...why should I try to support the store?

I want to - and occasional instore discounts are nice, plus 10% beats the website... but not without coupons.

*I actually have written out the numbers comparing these three. In the unlikely event we go back, and he is rude again, it will be an interesting conversation. Probably not a wise one, though...

**I remember when their system would only take coupons once. And when it occasionally just didn't accept any - even before the earlyzcancellations of this July. So it clearly is possible.
Old 09-12-16, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by docmartin
I just used the two 15% store codes today, and they worked without a hitch. The cashier did act quite perplexed by them though. She kept saying that it was bizarre that they didn't expire until December, and she thought that some kind of mistake had been made with them. Other than that, they scanned just fine and worked perfectly.
Glad to hear they work. Going to try them tomorrow, hopefully with some good clearance sales.

Also sad B&M sales are slowing down, but it's hard when they won't even pricematch their website. Would be cheaper a lot of times to PM instead of shipping to my house free with the Membership. Returned an art book last week that went 50% off the next day + 40% off online which beat the 40% + 10% instore.
Old 09-13-16, 05:51 PM

Used both 15% off coupons today. No issues, don't even think the lady looked at expiration date. Combined with Red Dot clearance + Membership.
Old 09-15-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,191 Likes on 917 Posts

General question: do any coupons work on pre-orders ever? I want that Beyond the Valley of the Dolls and would like to get it at an even lower price. Worst comes to worst I'll get it as is - I'm just curious.
Old 09-15-16, 12:03 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

..coupons don't work on pre-orders..believe me I've tried..
Old 09-16-16, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

15% off $40 or More purchase

Get 15% Off $40 more†
†NOOK devices, NOOK Books, All LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department & Gift Cards Excluded
Expires: 09/22/2016
Online Coupon BNSEPT15 Details:

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from September 17, 2016 at 12:01am to September 23, 2016 at 2:59am Eastern Time.

This coupon entitles you to 15% off your order of $40 or more, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, Da Vinci Jr 3D Printer, Sphero products, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/h/term...pon-exclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.
Old 09-18-16, 08:51 AM

I wonder what he would have thought had he noted that the expiration date was Dec 31, 2017
Ha! I didn't notice that either.
Old 09-22-16, 06:09 AM

"SAVE 20% 4 DAYS ONLY SEPTEMBER 22ND - 25TH. We're Doubling the Everyday 10% Member Store Discount For this Limited Time Only." If you could print the reusable 15% store coupon and use this discount, too, that would be a nice total discount. Usually, there are no store coupons available on the days they have this member discount, but with Hari's December 2017 expiration date coupon, there is one, for a change. Normally you get the member discount and then the coupon, so just doubling the member discount should still let you use the coupon.
Old 09-22-16, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Member Appreciation weekend if underway
Double member discounts of 20% off all instore purchases

9/22 through 9/25.

Wish there were more sales going on, but there always something interesting.

Don't forget the pair of 15% Coupons in the last wiki update and usual member coupons.
With a couple of the new Criterions (Chimes at Midnight, Blood Simple, and Cat People -- may all be available at 27.99 in store I think I'm waiting to hear if the 8/40 is back to working like it was in early July. The 15% would bring in to $19 but the 8/40 gets it to 14.40 which is the same price as a 20% couple during the 50% off sales if you don't want to want be the (hopeful) bigger Nov discounts.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.