Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-15, 04:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

If anyone can spare two 15% off coupons, I would appreciate it immensely.
Old 11-13-15, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by sandman007
If anyone can spare two 15% off coupons, I would appreciate it immensely.
2WUFUMSDE5VCP
8VX8BFYFXLW55

Thanks to hariseldon ...
Old 11-13-15, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by ctyankee
Doesn't matter (domestically) where it is shipped from, the tax is based on where it is shipped to.
You're right. Looks like, for whatever reason, the shipping info on my account was missing. It fixed itself once I entered in the appropriate fields.
Old 11-13-15, 11:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,192 Likes on 918 Posts

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Might as bump this here as well from bucknaked

20% off code online use only
Spoiler:

F8X7X8P

So far it appears universal and re-usable

Yup. I placed 4 separate orders with that code.
Old 11-13-15, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 988 Likes on 697 Posts

Originally Posted by ntnon
It says specifically on the coupon "price before discounts are applied", and customer service has clarified to me on more than one occasion that "$40" = "$39.99" for all intents and purposes.

So, yes, it's a bit sneaky. But it has also historically been on the 'allowed' side of bargain-hunting; now it's being treated as "coupon abuse" without any apparent change in terminology, wording or scope. Just that wise coupon use yielding big discounts is naturally disliked. Which would be relatively fine if they'd change the wording or something like that.
Well, the BN website doesn't consider $39.99 to be $40.00 and while I believe you that you've been told otherwise by CS, it still seems crazy to me to think that these coupons would apply.

Also, while your point is about the $39.99 regular releases, Eclipse sets at $45+and boxsets at $90+ should be degrees of 'maybe' to 'definitely' fine under any cautious reading of the fine print. But not today.
That's why I said 'standard' Criterion releases. The coupon is fine for larger priced stuff. I've used it myself many times.
Old 11-13-15, 01:11 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

I ordered a $75 eGift Card this morning, about 7 hours ago now, and haven' received it yet. Is this normal? Also, was there supposed to be any mention of the bonus $10 in my order? I know I'm not supposed to get it until Dec 26, but I just want to make sure that my order wasn't supposed to reference it.
Old 11-13-15, 01:36 PM

Email sent. Usually you can't do PM until you get to 10 posts.
got your email - many thanks for helping me out! hariseldon you are amazing!
Old 11-13-15, 02:33 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 149 Likes on 103 Posts

Thanks for all the helpful responses hariseldon!
Old 11-13-15, 02:44 PM

Big THANK YOU to Mr. Hariseldon for the coupons.....
Old 11-13-15, 08:29 PM

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by rocket1312
Well, the BN website doesn't consider $39.99 to be $40.00 and while I believe you that you've been told otherwise by CS, it still seems crazy to me to think that these coupons would apply.
The reason I asked CS in the first place was because I had struggled to find any DVD/Blu-ray priced at/higher than $40 that wasn't a TV season or non-TCM boxset, which seemed unduly restrictive - particularly given the then-selection at our B&N. There are any number of relatively-normal releases priced at $39.99 (although even that's thankfully not standard), so I simply asked if the "$40" stated included the near-as-matters 1c cheaper discs. And was told it did. And then bought a Disney film and several Criterions over a couple of ' period without any challenges.

Originally Posted by rocket1312
That's why I said 'standard' Criterion releases. The coupon is fine for larger priced stuff. I've used it myself many times.
Would you think that it should count for the $45 RRP Eclipse boxes...? i.e. $45 - $22.50 - $20.25 - $12.25 (plus tax)? Or woukd you presume only the boxsets - and presumably not even the $79.99/39.99 ones, either...?
Old 11-13-15, 11:43 PM

I've been told many times (usually when I question why there is such a disparity between the online and in-store prices for many items) that the website and the store have for all practical purposes - nothing to do with one another. Its clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In terms of what the intention of the coupons are - I don't believe there is any intention. I think the wording was probably concocted haphazardly by a promotional team, probably run quickly through an equally incompetent/lazy legal/compliance team and never really revisited again. If they have such issues with people abusing the coupon - they could have easily just changed the wording years ago to clarify how it could be used. But I suspect the people who make the decisions either don't even know about the coupon - or don't know where it comes from. They just know that they get reports of people showing up to their stores and getting these seemingly unreasonable discounts via some printed out coupon. Its an old-style brick and mortal store that's never really quite gotten the hang of the new consumer market and the technologies that go along with it. Their website is lousy and broken, half the stuff they ship is incompetently packaged and arrives damaged. In my opinion the only reason they're still in business is because they're the last physical book store around.
Old 11-14-15, 11:31 AM

A 20% coupon would be great if you got an extra Hariseldon.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-14-15, 12:12 PM
Cool New Member

If there are any 20% coupons available could I get one?

Thanks
Old 11-14-15, 05:10 PM

The fact that it has been unchanged for 5 yrs with all the ways it has been allowed/used/abused and they haven't changed a thing about it is itself a statement that they really don't care much how the local stores use it.
That's the interesting part - they shut down the Criterion/Blu-ray sales overlap, they (for a while) stopped taking coupons of any kind online... but they didn't quash instore discounts until recently (and still 'sometimes' not consistently).

Ho-hum.

Today I was told instore that a manager was going to check on a corporate level if there's been a central shift... reports if I hear back!
Old 11-14-15, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by skippy3elf
I've been told many times (usually when I question why there is such a disparity between the online and in-store prices for many items) that the website and the store have for all practical purposes - nothing to do with one another.
Yes, I've heard the same thing.

And one absurdity is that they won't match theirbwebsite (because it's "not" "THEIR" website), but they can place online orders instore... so you can get online prices with instore coupons (but not the 10%) by doing a printout and paying for it at the register.

Which for two essentially-independent entities is pretty weird.

Its clear that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. In terms of what the intention of the coupons are - I don't believe there is any intention. I think the wording was probably concocted haphazardly by a promotional team, probably run quickly through an equally incompetent/lazy legal/compliance team and never really revisited again. If they have such issues with people abusing the coupon - they could have easily just changed the wording years ago to clarify how it could be used. But I suspect the people who make the decisions either don't even know about the coupon - or don't know where it comes from. They just know that they get reports of people showing up to their stores and getting these seemingly unreasonable discounts via some printed out coupon. Its an old-style brick and mortal store that's never really quite gotten the hang of the new consumer market and the technologies that go along with it.
That highlighted part definitely aligns with the impression I've been given. I've not outright been accused of printing a made-up coupon or trying to otherwise fake coupons, but the skepticism sometimes has heavily implied it. I showed them last the e-mails direct from B&N containing the coupon I was presenting last year and STILL they doubted it.. then the computer agreed it was real, and.. they overruled it and refused further sales.

Their website is lousy and broken, half the stuff they ship is incompetently packaged and arrives damaged. In my opinion the only reason they're still in business is because they're the last physical book store around.
The website has never been great, but the recent overhaul has been appalling - half the things I search for won't reveal themself; it barely functions on an iPad and will not work on my phone. The fast (UPS) shipping is free, but the cheaper, slower (USPS) option no longer is. Links to specific items don't always link correctly, giftcards misapply, etc.

I sent them a lengthy e-mail when it first rolled out, and received a tailored, greatful reply. Then... nothing. No changes, no (promised) followup.
Old 11-14-15, 07:57 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 163 Likes on 132 Posts

The website has never been great, but the recent overhaul has been appalling - half the things I search for won't reveal themself; it barely functions on an iPad and will not work on my phone. The fast (UPS) shipping is free, but the cheaper, slower (USPS) option no longer is. Links to specific items don't always link correctly, giftcards misapply, etc.
The website is horrible after the redesign. They finally fixed the free shipping for me. And the UPS MI option they use for shipping is horribly slow. I believe it took roughly two months for one meager bluray to ship to my house.
Old 11-14-15, 11:24 PM

Received 60 Likes on 37 Posts

Able to get 3 today and will get 3 or 4 tomorrow. Have membership, used 15% off coupons and bought the $75 gift card.

How is "The Brood"? I think Videodrome is his best work, greatly dug Existenz, Spider, Eastern Promises. I enjoy Scanners, Naked Lunch, and Crash, but nothing I would be dying to rewatch. Hopefully that can give some people context with how my tastes are.
Old 11-15-15, 08:05 AM
Cool New Member

Hello,

If you have any additional 15% codes, I'd love a few to use today

Thanks
Old 11-15-15, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I haven't been posting in this thread much lately (no $ to buy at B&N), but I really appreciate all that hariseldon, and others, have done to keep us informed.

Laser Movies can't be replaced, but we have no way of knowing when the more important things in his life will allow him to post again, and it's great that the thread has been kept up so well while he's absent.

Meanwhile, yesterday I finally was able to buy the $75 in gc's (to get the $10 promo gc) and it worked fine, even with my paying by gc (recently bought from the supermarket for gas points) and it being done by a new clerk (who asked for help).

It sounds like there are 15%/20% available Thursday, so I'll wait for those, but in the mean time I was wondering if anyone recalls the terms of the 30% BF coupon that was available last year? Was it only available a single day, or for that weekend? And was it only meant to be used once per customer? I think I recall that, and if so it of course means trying to get different cashiers, going to the movie and cd register, maybe other stores too. I just wanted to ask while formulating my plans, though of course last year's terms are no guarantee of what they'll do this year. Thanks to anyone who recalls.
Old 11-15-15, 03:57 PM

15%-off one-item coupon-codes -- expiring 11/15:

J2MC7X8N8DCZF
V8XVWJED2VE13
HPE69PB7C5XK3
54FDWNVEXJ2P7

If you use one, please let the others know which code you took.
Old 11-15-15, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2014 coupon was sent on Monday morning and I think some folks used it either on Tues and def. wed. and it expired Sunday night (Thanksgiving B&N is closed). It was a generic/universal with no member exclusions. Fine print of course said one time per customer, but like almost all the generics it was infinitely usable (clerk dependent) and never attached to any account as used.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/12312541-post10520.html
Much thanks hariseldon! Just the above info is great, I'm even more appreciative of what you wrote later, that I didn't copy, with your going back to previous years too.

I did get a kick out of reading this in retrospect

If I remember, he stopped about 30 items later
Yeah, very entertaining, and proves that you never know. It's great that people get some good luck sometimes too, to help balance out the bad. Thanks again.
Old 11-15-15, 05:34 PM

I gonna use the hell outta that coupon if we get one again this year...
Old 11-15-15, 05:58 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I want to get that Cassavetes set... should I hold off for a possible 30% coupon?

That 30% coupon or what I used that year made the Zatoichi set so much cheaper.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 11-15-15 at 06:04 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 09:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

15% off I won't be using.

AAS12ZVXYJ2G3
Old 11-15-15, 11:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 178 Likes on 123 Posts

Online Coupon BNLEAF17 $10 OFF $75

This coupon can be redeemed online at BN.com and is valid only once per customer, per billing address.

This coupon is valid from November 16, 2015 at 12:01am to November 18, 2015 at 2:59am Eastern Time. This coupon entitles you to $10 off your order of $75 or more, while supplies last. The discount will be deducted after all other eligible discounts are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books™, NOOK Magazines™, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK® devices, NOOK Accessories that are already discounted, other select hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, all LEGO® items in the Toys & Games Department and select LeapFrog products (visit www.bn.com/couponexclusions for more details), in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for coupons or promotional discounts, (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or some promotional discounts when noted; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble retail bookstores or at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

I haven't gotten it to work yet, but it's listed at BN.com so it should activate soon

EDIT: 1:30am ET Still no traction with the new code, but hopefully it will activate overnight

Last edited by hariseldon; 11-16-15 at 12:25 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.