Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-15, 12:50 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

..i could use one...thank you
Old 01-15-15, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AMERICAN
..i could use one...thank you
Check your PMs.
Old 01-15-15, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Laser Movies

This was actually pretty funny.
Old 01-16-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Have any members who always get one NOT gotten a 20% coupon or any coupon this round? My brother never misses getting a 20, but he's been shut out this time. ???
Old 01-17-15, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ProfessorEcho
Have any members who always get one NOT gotten a 20% coupon or any coupon this round? My brother never misses getting a 20, but he's been shut out this time. ???
Has your brother stopped receiving other emails from B&N recently besides the member coupon? Hopefully it is a one time event and not the beginning of being shut off from coupons and emails from B&N. Unfortunately once that happens it can be difficult trying to get the emails and coupons started again.
Old 01-17-15, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has your brother stopped receiving other emails from B&N recently besides the member coupon? Hopefully it is a one time event and not the beginning of being shut off from coupons and emails from B&N. Unfortunately once that happens it can be difficult trying to get the emails and coupons started again.
Thanks for your response, Laser.

As it happens, this is the first time he has not received a coupon so let's hope it is indeed just a momentary glitch for this week. He has used every single 20 coupon he's gotten in the six months he's been a member so who knows if they can track that and say enough already. Haha.
Old 01-17-15, 06:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always get 3 coupons to my email accounts but this time I only got 1. Something is going on (for the worse).
Old 01-17-15, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Thanks for your response, Laser.

As it happens, this is the first time he has not received a coupon so let's hope it is indeed just a momentary glitch for this week. He has used every single 20 coupon he's gotten in the six months he's been a member so who knows if they can track that and say enough already. Haha.
Sure they could easily track the coupons if you have a member account. Also most of the coupons now days are the unique code variety that are sent specifically to the email address you use with your membership. Unfortunately this problem is nothing new with B&N. I always suspected even though I have no proof that B&N is blacklisting some customers over coupon usage.

I know I've mentioned it many times before about a former member account that suddenly stopped getting member coupons and emails for no apparent reason. I did get the emails turned on a couple times but they stopped again after a few months. I eventually had to abandon the account and start a new one with a different email address to get around the problem since calls to customer service often got nowhere. The only reason I could figure why the emails and coupons stopped was because I used the account a lot, and also every order had a coupon added to it.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-17-15 at 07:07 PM.
Old 01-17-15, 10:28 PM
Cool New Member

I got my first Barnes & Noble membership last July ('14), and have only received one 20% code via e-mail. That was only after contacting customer service 4 separate times to correct the issue and I have not received another one since. Very frustrating!
Old 01-18-15, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Sure they could easily track the coupons if you have a member account. Also most of the coupons now days are the unique code variety that are sent specifically to the email address you use with your membership. Unfortunately this problem is nothing new with B&N. I always suspected even though I have no proof that B&N is blacklisting some customers over coupon usage.

I know I've mentioned it many times before about a former member account that suddenly stopped getting member coupons and emails for no apparent reason. I did get the emails turned on a couple times but they stopped again after a few months. I eventually had to abandon the account and start a new one with a different email address to get around the problem since calls to customer service often got nowhere. The only reason I could figure why the emails and coupons stopped was because I used the account a lot, and also every order had a coupon added to it.
Wow, what a mess. The only reason he became a member was for the coupons. It seems like this company constantly shoots themselves in the foot with their blatant inconsistency, something that often dooms a retail outlet. You can't have customer #2 hearing about what customer #1 got and not expecting the same treatment. B&N has constantly violated this elemental rule of retail.
Old 01-18-15, 02:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Wow, what a mess. The only reason he became a member was for the coupons. It seems like this company constantly shoots themselves in the foot with their blatant inconsistency, something that often dooms a retail outlet. You can't have customer #2 hearing about what customer #1 got and not expecting the same treatment. B&N has constantly violated this elemental rule of retail.
Has your brother only been a member for 6 months? You really don't need the membership for coupons, but the extra percentage off member coupons along with the other benefits certainly can make it worth your while.

I certainly agree with your other points. B&N is one of those companies that at times makes you want to pull your hair out. They are very inconsistent how they treat their customers. I also get the same feeling with Best Buy.
Old 01-18-15, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

20% off one item coupon RMNJAN15 expires 1/22 at 2:59am ET

Save $5 When You Pre-order or Purchase Fury on DVD or Blu-ray coupon K7E8W4N expires 2/11 at 2:59am ET

Last edited by Laser Movies; 01-18-15 at 11:10 PM.
Old 01-20-15, 02:46 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Any idea whether there will be more 20% off before the end of the month?
Old 01-20-15, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by jrsl76
Any idea whether there will be more 20% off before the end of the month?
Should have at least a couple of more before the end of the month. However one of them requires a membership when the next online/store coupons are sent out on January 29th.

Also added a few new online coupons on the first page that are now active.
Old 01-20-15, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Should have at least a couple of more before the end of the month. However one of them requires a membership when the next online/store coupons are sent out on January 29th.

Also added a few new online coupons on the first page that are now active.
I'm a member so that works! Just hoping to get a little $ off a couple Criterions with a coupon and the "sale".
Old 01-20-15, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Has your brother only been a member for 6 months? You really don't need the membership for coupons, but the extra percentage off member coupons along with the other benefits certainly can make it worth your while.

I certainly agree with your other points. B&N is one of those companies that at times makes you want to pull your hair out. They are very inconsistent how they treat their customers. I also get the same feeling with Best Buy.
I should have clarified that, he also joined to get the extra 10% off or free shipping, in addition to the coupons. It was supposed to be a joint membership with me, mostly for the bi-annual Criterion sales, but I've been so low on money I had to sit the last sale out.

To be honest, avoiding the threads and reading about all the coupon madness and everyone trying to trump everyone else with getting a better deal was a real nice break. Given that my local store started a firm policy of no coupons whatsoever during the Criterion sale took all the fun out of it for me.
Old 01-20-15, 02:52 PM

NEVERMIND about store coupons. The item I wanted to get can now be ordered online again. I've never seen BN do this to an item. It was there last Friday, disappeared all week, and is now back.

These new weekly 20% off online coupons have almost made me want to renew my membership to get free shipping. BN's prices are almost unbeatable when you get an online discount, add a coupon, and get free shipping. Over the holidays, I wanted to order some stuff and looked at a publisher's offer which had a big discount plus free shipping. They still couldn't beat BN's prices. The only thing that bothers me is that BN expressly lists the e-mailed coupons as a benefit of membership, and then doesn't give them to a lot of people. They shouldn't say it's a benefit if they don't deliver. But the 20% off online coupons each week this year have more than made up for the missing e-mailed coupons.

Last edited by DoverMath; 01-28-15 at 10:03 AM.
Old 01-22-15, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I signed up for the credit card, that I'll pay off each month and only use for BN. So I get my membership discount and 5% more for using the card.

We've mainly just been buying games from them. The discount makes it worth it.
Old 01-25-15, 03:46 PM

Are there any 15% in-store coupons out there that can be used on top of the member discount at the moment?

I don't see this in the OP. My store has a big Star Wars book right now (now on hold for me for 3 days) and I could use the savings.
Old 01-25-15, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by JTKenobi
Are there any 15% in-store coupons out there that can be used on top of the member discount at the moment?

I don't see this in the OP. My store has a big Star Wars book right now (now on hold for me for 3 days) and I could use the savings.
The next store coupons should arrive this Thursday. You may need to try to get the store to hold that book a little longer if possible until then.
Old 01-25-15, 11:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New 20% online coupon for all customers is now live.

BNJAN2015 expires 1/29 at 2:59am ET
Old 01-27-15, 11:24 AM

Man, that's a nice coupon, but in-store only?

Thanks for replying LaserMovies. I hope you're right and we get a new in-store coupon on Thursday. 20% would be SWEET!
Old 01-27-15, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

This looks like information for the next sale.

DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE

This offer is valid at BN.com from February 3, 2015 at 12:01am to March 9, 2015 at 11:59pm Eastern time and at Barnes & Noble stores from February 3, 2015 to March 9, 2015 at close of business, while supplies last.

When you purchase one (1) qualifying DVD or Blu-ray from our "DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE" promotion, you will get a second qualifying DVD or Blu-ray of equal or lesser value for FREE! Simply look for the "DVDs & Blu-ray: Buy 1, Get the 2nd FREE" message icon or sticker to identify eligible items. NOTE: Qualifying items may differ online and in stores. Limit of 3 discounted items per customer.

In order to take advantage of this offer online, you must place both qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays in your BN.com Shopping Bag and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit will appear at Checkout. At stores, you must bring both qualifying DVDs or Blu-rays to the register and purchase the items as part of the same transaction. Your credit will be applied at purchase.

Additional Rules Governing this Offer: This offer is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past or pre-ordered purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of any products other than eligible DVDs or Blu-rays; (iv) not valid on products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts"; (v) not valid on applicable sales tax, or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.com website (e.g., used books, etc.); (vii) may not be combined with any coupon or discount promotion; and (viii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. Returns or cancellations may result in forfeiture of discounts applied at the time an order is placed and you will be responsible to pay any such adjustments; we reserve the right to charge your credit card or debit your Gift Card in the amount of such adjustments. This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors. This offer is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 01-27-15, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that could be a great sale, if they have coupons which overlap...
Old 01-27-15, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Another 20% off online code valid for all customers!

J4P7D9K expires 3/1 at 2:59am ET

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.