Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-13, 10:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by nealg
Go back 5 posts from yours.
Oops! Sorry, totally missed that post. So, I take it there's no online coupons besides BNHOLIDAY before Christmas.
Old 12-18-13, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new coupons are up on the web site. Looks like it's both 30% member and 25% non-member coupons with unique codes.

Old 12-18-13, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Allow me to be the first official beggar for this upcoming batch of coupons, since I never ever get them emailed to me. If any kind soul receives an extra 25% or 30% coupon they don't want/need I'd be very grateful for one. Thanks in advance...

Last edited by Gypo66; 12-18-13 at 01:51 PM.
Old 12-18-13, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by hariseldon
Wording would seem to indicate these are instore only coupons or am I misreading?
Nope. Looks like the coupons are meant to drive business to the stores for last minute Christmas shoppers.
Old 12-19-13, 03:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received the coupons around 2am. Am highly bummed they are in-store only. There are several items I want from the 40% off sale, but show Out of Stock at all of my local stores, yet they're readily available online. I'll have to place Ship to Home orders, losing the 10% member discount, but it's better than nothing.
Old 12-19-13, 07:08 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Allow me to be the first official beggar for this upcoming batch of coupons, since I never ever get them emailed to me. If any kind soul receives an extra 25% or 30% coupon they don't want/need I'd be very grateful for one. Thanks in advance...
Can I stand second in line, then, please? If anyone is kind enough to forward one or two (two is enough, though, thank you), it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 12-19-13, 10:45 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Gypo66
Same here, begging if there are any extra codes available.
Old 12-19-13, 11:01 AM

Is there a reason some members might not receive these via email or regular mail?
Old 12-19-13, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 813 Likes on 687 Posts

I hate begging but I could definitely use a coupon for a last-minute Christmas gift, if anyone plans on not using it.
Old 12-19-13, 01:33 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^
Coupons sent.
Old 12-19-13, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by pathman
If anyone has a coupon (or 2) to spare I could definitely use them. Thanks!
Thanks, Laser and hariseldon!!!
Old 12-19-13, 05:18 PM

Just a head's up - I tried to use my member 30% off coupon to get Nashville on Blu-ray in store but the computer rejected it. A manager was called over and told me the coupon couldn't be combined with a sale. Weird logic. Maybe it works on non-Criterions?
Old 12-19-13, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by souvenir
Just a head's up - I tried to use my member 30% off coupon to get Nashville on Blu-ray in store but the computer rejected it. A manager was called over and told me the coupon couldn't be combined with a sale. Weird logic. Maybe it works on non-Criterions?
I was checking items on my wish list and noticed some of them now have the disclaimer on the product page they do not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts. That wasn't there earlier today.
Old 12-19-13, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I would really appreciate a 30% off code emailed to me before I set out to pick up the James Dean set later today. Thanks in advance for the consideration. Definitely looking forward to picking up this great box set.
Old 12-19-13, 06:40 PM

I'm brand new to the forum. I came across it by accident a few months ago when I was looking for discount coupons to build my Blu-ray collection as a birthday present to myself.

First of all, a very big shout out to Laser Movies for posting all those Barnes and Noble coupon codes and store coupons. I really appreciate your taking the time and effort to post them. Thank you very much. You have saved me so much money over the past few months.

I don't want to come off as a mooch in my very first posting but I would be grateful if somebody could send me the 25% or 30% off online coupon codes. I read that they are unique. Does that mean that somebody wouldn't be able to use them if I were to use them?

Here's my other question. If I were to print out the "unique" in-store coupon for use at one store, would I be able to use them again at another store?

Thank you very much.
Old 12-19-13, 07:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by chopin100
I'm brand new to the forum. I came across it by accident a few months ago when I was looking for discount coupons to build my Blu-ray collection as a birthday present to myself.

First of all, a very big shout out to Laser Movies for posting all those Barnes and Noble coupon codes and store coupons. I really appreciate your taking the time and effort to post them. Thank you very much. You have saved me so much money over the past few months.

I don't want to come off as a mooch in my very first posting but I would be grateful if somebody could send me the 25% or 30% off online coupon codes. I read that they are unique. Does that mean that somebody wouldn't be able to use them if I were to use them?

Here's my other question. If I were to print out the "unique" in-store coupon for use at one store, would I be able to use them again at another store?

Thank you very much.
The latest batch of coupons are store only and there are no online codes. Because they are unique codes they are good for one redemption before they become invalid. However there is sometimes a short window that may allow a second use before they come up redeemed.
Old 12-19-13, 07:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by souvenir
I bought two items and had one 30% off member coupon. Originally it rang up with the discount off the lower priced non-Criterion item and the cashier found that odd and corrected it to take it off the Criterion. So maybe the non-Criterion idea is correct for whatever weird reason.
Old 12-19-13, 07:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by malazar
I bought two items and had one 30% off member coupon. Originally it rang up with the discount off the lower priced non-Criterion item and the cashier found that odd and corrected it to take it off the Criterion. So maybe the non-Criterion idea is correct for whatever weird reason.
It doesn't seem the restrictions are only for Criterion titles. I have several non-Criterion titles on my wish list that say they do not qualify for coupons and other promotional discounts. The restrictions don't make any sense since it is only on some titles and not everything. I have seen some of the Criterions that appear if they are still eligible for coupons. Unfortunately this will make it more confusing at stores since some titles will scan the disount and others won't.
Old 12-20-13, 12:36 PM

Can anyone spare a couple 25% or 30% coupons you won't be using? I'm going to try the coupon I got at my member e-mail (other addresses get nothing these days) this afternoon. If they deny the coupons, I'll put them back up for grabs this weekend.

Thanks in advance for supporting my addiction.
Old 12-20-13, 12:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Can anyone spare a couple 25% or 30% coupons you won't be using? I'm going to try the coupon I got at my member e-mail (other addresses get nothing these days) this afternoon. If they deny the coupons, I'll put them back up for grabs this weekend.

Thanks in advance for supporting my addiction.
Coupons sent.
Old 12-20-13, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like BN has passed me by yet again, randomly. I didn't get this coupon.

If anyone has a spare 25% or 30%, I'd appreciate it. Looking to scoop up The Right Stuff BD for a gift.
Old 12-20-13, 04:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

I hate to jump on the bandwagon, but if anybody has a spare coupon, could you send it my way? Thanks!!
Old 12-20-13, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Coupons sent.
Many thanks, Laser.

Just a heads up, everybody: The register did NOT accept the 30% off coupon for Mary Poppins. The guy said "It's already 40% off, so it's not allowing an additional discount." But then I had him try it on The Right Stuff, and it worked. We both said "That's interesting," and he overrode the register to give me the 30% off Mary Poppins.

So you might want to bring a few titles to the register in case your first choice gets rejected. When my cashier saw that it seemed to be completely random, he just gave it to me. We shared a good laugh over it.
Old 12-20-13, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Many thanks, Laser.

Just a heads up, everybody: The register did NOT accept the 30% off coupon for Mary Poppins. The guy said "It's already 40% off, so it's not allowing an additional discount." But then I had him try it on The Right Stuff, and it worked. We both said "That's interesting," and he overrode the register to give me the 30% off Mary Poppins.

So you might want to bring a few titles to the register in case your first choice gets rejected. When my cashier saw that it seemed to be completely random, he just gave it to me. We shared a good laugh over it.
Some select titles have coupon restrictions and that is probably why Mary Poppins didn't scan. It's totally random on the titles not eligible but you can check and find them online before you go to the store. I have 2 on my wish list that say are not eligible but I'm still planning on trying to get them with coupons anyway. I'm just going to mix them up with titles that are coupon eligible. Probably that's the best approach to throw store employees off and get your coupons applied to everything.

You're welcome on the coupons. I'm now out of extras to give away.
Old 12-20-13, 06:30 PM

Not sure how this could be done, would anyone have a spare membership store coupon they could send me? Thanks

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.