Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-13, 10:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

My wife got a 30% master card coupon in the mail for this weekend, different than the code that laser posted, so I went on Sat with both codes to my local store, the cashier (never seen her before) said coupons wont work with criterion, I told her to try anyway (2 weeks ago a 20% worked, but last last i had no luck at all) I was also buying my daughter 3 little golden books so worse case the coupons would have work on on of them, but the 30% worked no problem, so she rang up the 2 movies in separate transactions so i got A Man Escaped and Tokyo Story for 12.59 + tax (w coupon and member discount), so far this sale all my coupons have worked. I am shocked.
Old 11-24-13, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Laser Movies
Thought I would ask this question to other forum members since this thread really belongs to everyone. I was asked by a mod if I would like to have this thread become a sticky. Yes or no?
I also have it bookmarked, but YES!
Old 11-25-13, 11:19 AM

Any info/indication on when (i.e., the date) the 40% coupon will surface?
Old 11-25-13, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by cine
Any info/indication on when (i.e., the date) the 40% coupon will surface?
It's also unknown if it will be a generic or unique barcode.

Last edited by Mr. Reindeer; 11-25-13 at 11:51 AM. Reason: Removed similar response
Old 11-25-13, 02:28 PM

Hello everyone! I'm new here and really excited about it! I'm hoping to get in on the b&n 50% off criterion goodness. I know this sounds super bad, as I literally just joined, but if anyone has any non-member codes they aren't using, I can put one to use!

Happy Black Friday week!
Old 11-25-13, 03:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by agent5400
Hello everyone! I'm new here and really excited about it! I'm hoping to get in on the b&n 50% off criterion goodness. I know this sounds super bad, as I literally just joined, but if anyone has any non-member codes they aren't using, I can put one to use!

Happy Black Friday week!

All of the coupons run from Thursday to Sunday. Check back in a couple of days.
Old 11-25-13, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 75 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I just used the 30% off coupon about 20 times.
...........I'm speechless!

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I'll start making a new purchase list!
I've been doing that, and re-revising it periodically as I scrape up another few cents... but because of limited funds, it's nowhere near as exciting!
Old 11-25-13, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Reindeer
It's also unknown if it will be a generic or unique barcode.
It was strongly suggested that it would be generic... oh, I hope so...
Old 11-25-13, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
All of the coupons run from Thursday to Sunday. Check back in a couple of days.

Ah. Thanks for the heads up! Much appreciated!
Old 11-26-13, 03:05 PM
Cool New Member

Got me my Zatoichi. A friendly clerk put it on un-official reserve for me last week. She wanted to make sure I got a set if I wanted one, because the other sets they were receiving had already been spoken for. She's in the pastbeen a coupon nazi, not letting through weekly coupons or 8 off on any box set (she always allows the 5 off 50 though), but she took my 20% off coupon I got in snail mail without blinking. Nabbed the set for 80.99 altogether, which is pretty amazing.

Interestingly, she was concerned I had not bought as much this sale as in past ones, and I told her it was because I was waiting for Zatoichi. I wonder if she's softened her stance towards coupons because the coupons drive lots of feet traffic into the store, and high sales keep BN in business and her in a job.
Old 11-27-13, 05:51 AM
Cool New Member

received a 30% off coupon thru my email from B&N
Old 11-27-13, 08:27 AM

Yep, me too, in both my member and non-member emails. So it looks like the same discount for members and non-members.

And they're generic, BTW.
Old 11-27-13, 09:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also received the 30% coupon in my member account email. I told you the coupons were generic, but there is also a 40% coupon around. They must have put the 30% off coupon out very late since there was no sign of it yesterday. Coupons are not coming up live yet. So far no sign of a printable 40% coupon but here is all the details for it. Note the codes are reversed on B&N web site.

Cyber Monday more coupons are coming for only one day. You might get a one day 30%, 25%, or 20% online coupon.

http://cart2.barnesandnoble.com/shop...&promoid=11462

Store Coupon BFRIDAY40 and Online Coupon 706511 Details:

Bookseller Instructions:
Scan all items, then scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Alternatively, scan all items and highlight the item to be discounted. Select Item Coupon and use MBR Item % Off for Members; Item % Off for non-Members, then enter 40. Scan coupon barcode or enter coupon code. Collect coupon with purchase as coupon may only be redeemed once per customer.

Terms & Conditions:
For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once at any Barnes & Noble retail store and once per billing address online at BN.com.

This coupon is valid at BN.com from November 28, 2013 at 12:01am to December 2, 2013 at 2:59am Eastern Time, and at Barnes & Noble stores from November 28, 2013 to December 1, 2013 at close of business.

The 40% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other eligible discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon: This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and eGift Cards); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, eGift Cards, gift-wrapping, textbooks, digital content (including but not limited to NOOK Books(TM), NOOK Magazines(TM), NOOK Newspapers, and NOOK Periodicals), NOOK (R) devices, NOOK accessories that are already discounted, other hardware and electronics, software, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, in-store purchases of Print Magazines, or products marked as not eligible for "coupons or promotional discounts," (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the BN.COM website (e.g., used books, etc.); (v) not valid on applicable sales tax or shipping or handling expenses; (vi) may not be combined with any other coupon or promotional discount; and (vii) may not be combined with the Educator program discount. This coupon is not valid at Barnes & Noble College bookstores or websites. Barnes & Noble is not responsible for typographical or pictorial errors.

This offer is subject to change or discontinuation without notice; we will, however, honor properly placed orders with valid methods of payment with sufficient funds placed prior to such change or discontinuation. Void where prohibited by law.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 11-27-13 at 09:47 AM.
Old 11-27-13, 09:44 AM

That's awesome. Thank you so much!
Old 11-27-13, 10:31 AM

I also got the 30% coupon. Perhaps 40% was too good to be true, or BN changed their minds.

But 30% is still very good.
Old 11-27-13, 11:08 PM

Was hoping to use the 30% off i got on Breaking Bad barrel set but it doesn't work online
Old 11-27-13, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Online coupons are now live but can't seem to get the 40% code to work with either a member or non-member account. No problem with the 30% code. However when I add the 40% code it says my order does not qualify. Maybe the coupon has been set not work with anything on the web site making it useless.
Old 11-27-13, 11:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brewc
Was hoping to use the 30% off i got on Breaking Bad barrel set but it doesn't work online
I just looked and there are coupon restrictions on it.
Old 11-27-13, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Online coupons are now live but can't seem to get the 40% code to work with either a member or non-member account. No problem with the 30% code. However when I add the 40% code it says my order does not qualify. Maybe the coupon has been set not work with anything on the web site making it useless.
Same issue here.
Old 11-27-13, 11:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

Trying to use 706511 which i assume is the 30% off coupon, and it is coming back invalid.
Old 11-27-13, 11:21 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by stingermck
Trying to use 706511 which i assume is the 30% off coupon, and it is coming back invalid.
That's the store number. Use BFRIDAY30 in the coupon box.
Old 11-27-13, 11:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 427 Likes on 291 Posts

That's the store number. Use BFRIDAY30 in the coupon box.
rookie mistake. Thanks!
Old 11-28-13, 12:26 AM

Anything that could be a good deal with the coupon, does not qualify, i don't see the point of these kind of coupons if they only work for full MSRP priced items.

Edit: Seems it works on the arthouse selections so it may be a good deal to use it on Nosferatu or something like that but need to find some other title for free shipping.
Old 11-28-13, 02:09 AM
g

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

Can the coupon be used only once per account? If so I would choose what to get with my member account.

Last edited by g; 11-28-13 at 02:15 AM.
Old 11-28-13, 07:18 AM

At least it's saying 'does not qualify' and not 'coupon does not exist'..... there's hope in that..!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.