Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-09, 04:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

From my observations, B & N only notifies MSN of eligibility when the order is charged and shipped. While I have had an "off and on" experience from having my B & N purchases being reported to MSN, lately it appears, if you use a coupon to make a one item purchase, the order is not reported, but if a one item coupon is used, and there are multiple items purchase, the order is reported. The instructions for Bing says the merchant may not honor the rebate if a coupon is used. Compare this to how DeepDiscount operates!
Old 08-11-09, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roughdraft_zero
"Decline your order," meaning that they all-out cancel it, or you just don't get the cashback?
I just meant you might not get cashback from Bing on orders using a coupon. It's YMMV... E bates is more reliable, but their percentage may be lower...
Old 08-11-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by haroldS
From my observations, B & N only notifies MSN of eligibility when the order is charged and shipped. While I have had an "off and on" experience from having my B & N purchases being reported to MSN, lately it appears, if you use a coupon to make a one item purchase, the order is not reported, but if a one item coupon is used, and there are multiple items purchase, the order is reported. The instructions for Bing says the merchant may not honor the rebate if a coupon is used. Compare this to how DeepDiscount operates!
I hate to blow your theory but I had 4 orders with multiple items using a coupon get shot down at Bing during the Criterion sale. Everything was in stock and shipped out almost immediately. I believe it is B&N fault since I had the same thing occur at Fatwallet and ********. At this point I wouldn't go out of my way to use any of the cashback sites with B&N unless my order had free shipping and I had nothing to lose trying.
Old 08-14-09, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like another 20% coupon is on the way next week. It's supposed to be valid from August 21 to August 24 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time, but it will probably become active August 20.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=30014

Online Coupon B8A4T3D Details:
For each customer, this coupon can be redeemed once online at your Organization's Custom Online Barnes & Noble.com Bookstore.

This coupon is valid from August 21, 2009 to August 24, 2009 at 2:59 a.m. Eastern Time.

The 20% discount will be applied to the most expensive eligible item in the order - not the entire purchase - and will be deducted after all other discounts, including (if applicable) the standard Member discount, are applied.

Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon:
This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, eBooks, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as "not eligible for Member discounts, coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) may not be combined with any other coupon. This coupon is not valid at www.bn.com, Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 08-14-09, 03:43 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Members or Non-Members?
Old 08-14-09, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Mosskeeto
Members or Non-Members?
For all customers. No membership required.
Old 08-14-09, 06:34 PM

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but but the military link will be at 10%:

bn.com/military customers have even more chances to save this back-to-school season! Visit bn/military to take advantage of the following special discounts:

Head back to school this season and save an additional 10% off purchases site-wide at bn.com/military! From Monday, August 17th, to Monday, August 31st, all items in the military Bookstore will be discounted by an additional 10%. Save up to 40% off your order! The discount will return to 6% on Tuesday, September 1st.

20% OFF ONE ITEM* – LIMITED TIME OFFER

From August 21 – August 23, 2009, shop bn/military and enter coupon code B8A4T3D during checkout to save 20% on the most expensive eligible item in the order! (Some restrictions apply. See site or “Online Coupon B8A4T3D Details” below for complete details.)
Old 08-14-09, 06:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I just received the same email. Beat me by one minute.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-14-09 at 06:42 PM.
Old 08-15-09, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

20% cashback through bing.com right now.
Old 08-17-09, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 247 Likes on 181 Posts

I have a question regarding those 15% coupons they send out weekly (or however often it is). They say that it is a one-time use coupon. Now will their computers actually recognize that my account has already used that coupon if I try and use it again or is it like Borders where I can print out multiple copies and use them again on subsequent visits?
Old 08-17-09, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I believe it is B&N fault since I had the same thing occur at Fatwallet and ********.
That is interesting, I did not know you could not use coupons with Fatwallet and ********. This all must be a new development because I have went thru multiple times without a problem.

Don't know if this has already been mentioned but but the military link will be at 10%:
Dont you have to be a member of the military to use this?

Last edited by BKenn01; 08-17-09 at 03:13 PM.
Old 08-17-09, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I have a question regarding those 15% coupons they send out weekly (or however often it is). They say that it is a one-time use coupon. Now will their computers actually recognize that my account has already used that coupon if I try and use it again or is it like Borders where I can print out multiple copies and use them again on subsequent visits?
Doesn't seem like there is any limit on the number of times you can use the printable store coupons. If you followed the recent Criterion sale thread for B&N most everyone used the same coupons over and over. However your mileage may vary store to store. If you are a member you may even want to try the 20% printable renewal coupons when they are available since some stores will accept them as well even on accounts that were not recently renewed.
Old 08-17-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by BKenn01
That is interesting, I did not know you could not use coupons with Fatwallet and ********. This all must be a new development because I have went thru multiple times without a problem.
How recent? This happened to me during the Criterion sale. I had 4 orders rejected through Bing and tried Fatwallet and ******** to see if the same thing would happen, which it did on those 2 orders.

Dont you have to be a member of the military to use this?
Any customers can use it since there are no requirements to create a separate log in account like the AAA link. If you are a B&N member the only benefit to using the link is for the no minimum free shipping since the military.com web site discount does not stack with a B&N members discount.
Old 08-17-09, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Any customers can use it since there are no requirements to create a separate log in account like the AAA link. If you are a B&N member the only benefit to using the link is for the no minimum free shipping since the military.com web site discount does not stack with a B&N members discount.
Interestingly, I used this once during the Criterion sale period and my order went right through. (I am not a member of the military).

Recently, I tried using it again and it asked me for my military affiliation, which it had not before.

I didn't want to lie about being affiliated with the military so I placed the order using another discount.
Old 08-17-09, 05:37 PM

Hi All! Does anyone have a link to a current printable 15% off MEMBERS coupon? I didn't see one listed in LM's post. My sincere thanks to LM and everyone else who contributes to this thread!
Old 08-17-09, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by velveeta
Hi All! Does anyone have a link to a current printable 15% off MEMBERS coupon? I didn't see one listed in LM's post. My sincere thanks to LM and everyone else who contributes to this thread!
There is no actual printable coupon available because it is a monthly snail mail offer sent to select members. Occasionally B&N sends these to members to use both in store and online. The link I posted only contains information about both coupons. You could print that out and take it to a store to see if they will honor it. Some people have had luck just giving the store coupon number to the cashier when making a purchase. Maybe even your local B&N may have some of these coupons available to give away.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 08-17-09 at 06:18 PM.
Old 08-17-09, 09:32 PM

Me too, I have two orders didn't get 10%, one order didn't get 20%, customer service let me waitting.

Originally Posted by beebs
I did not get 10% CB from Bing on my Criterion order. I had to contact customer service and I'm still waiting on the result.
Old 08-19-09, 01:13 AM

LM, thanks for the explanation!

There is no actual printable coupon available because it is a monthly snail mail offer sent to select members. Occasionally B&N sends these to members to use both in store and online. The link I posted only contains information about both coupons. You could print that out and take it to a store to see if they will honor it. Some people have had luck just giving the store coupon number to the cashier when making a purchase. Maybe even your local B&N may have some of these coupons available to give away.
Old 08-20-09, 01:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The 20% coupon is now active. It should work with the bookstore links found on the first page.
Old 08-20-09, 06:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Maybe I haven't used it in awhile and this is common knowledge, but the 5% VISA discount (apparently the only link with unlimited free shipping left) didn't show up on my order until the very last page (Place Order) after I had selected VISA as my card (I didn't actually test to see if it would appear with other cards).
Old 08-20-09, 12:18 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The 20% coupon is now active. It should work with the bookstore links found on the first page.
Thanks, I just used it with the military link on my non-member account. I'm sure I'll be using it MANY times before it expires...
Old 08-20-09, 02:37 PM
Banned

The 20% off coupon is not working for me. I'm trying to purchase a textbook and it says that the coupon doesn't meet the eligibility requirements.
Old 08-20-09, 02:52 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
The 20% off coupon is not working for me. I'm trying to purchase a textbook and it says that the coupon doesn't meet the eligibility requirements.
Additional Rules Governing Use of this Coupon:
This coupon is (i) not redeemable for cash or cash equivalents (including Gift Cards and online Gift Certificates); (ii) not valid on past purchases; (iii) not eligible for purchases of the following products and services: Barnes & Noble Memberships, Gift Cards, Gift Certificates, gift-wrapping, textbooks, eBooks, products available for pre-order, products from the Rosetta Stone Series, products available for in-store ship-to-home orders, shipping or handling expenses, or products marked as "not eligible for Member discounts, coupons or promotional discounts;" (iv) not valid on purchases made from third parties accessible from the bn.com website (e.g., used books, PC and video games, etc.); and (v) may not be combined with any other coupon. This coupon is not valid at www.bn.com, Barnes & Noble retail stores or Barnes & Noble College Bookstores. Void where prohibited by law.
Old 08-20-09, 04:03 PM
Banned

Damn!
Old 08-20-09, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Damn!
No learning for you!

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.