Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-12, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Criterion sale is hopefully about 1 month away. I imagine we'll still have some great member coupons to go along with that.
Old 10-01-12, 10:40 PM

Well, my membership expired yesterday so unless there are some solid non-member coupons coming down the road, I doubt B&N will be getting a bunch of money from me in the future. This past year was the least productive I've had with them yet so it was time to not renew. Much thanks to Laser for all he's done, and continues to do, with this thread and topic!
Old 10-02-12, 12:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GaryO
This past year was the least productive I've had with them yet so it was time to not renew. Much thanks to Laser for all he's done, and continues to do, with this thread and topic!
I agree on all counts... When mine expires in January, I think I'm done...
Old 10-02-12, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So far I have not missed my membership since it expired during mid July. Also I have not purchased anything from B&N since the last Criterion sale. At this point the way things are going with fewer coupons and the uncertainty of restrictions when there are coupons I can't see myself buying another membership. Sadly it has lost a lot of its value to make it worthwhile anymore.
Old 10-02-12, 12:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I didn't mean to renew. I had a trial membership, and forgot to cancel in time. That's the only reason I'm still a member. And I haven't gotten my money's worth yet. BUT I did like 6 free 2-month trials before that happened, so I got a free year out of them, and things were better back then. So it all evens out in the end...
Old 10-02-12, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
BUT I did like 6 free 2-month trials before that happened, so I got a free year out of them, and things were better back then...
Did you use separate email accounts for each new trial? When I went to establish a trial membership recently, it recognized my email from an earlier purchase and still enrolled me for the trial. I'm not sure when I made that earlier order but I don't think it was associated with any membership.
Old 10-03-12, 06:18 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by cmleidi
Wow, it's been a while since the last batch of coupons. Are there any coming up?
Okay I did run across a new coupon but unfortunately it's not a generic coupon. If you have a membership and receive email offers directly from B&N you might get one.

Old 10-03-12, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by biglou114
While I was working at B&N tonight I noticed that there is a Future promotion listing for the Art House/Criterion sale. Stating that it will run for three weeks starting October 30.
From forum.blu-ray.com.
Old 10-06-12, 11:26 AM

Laser, do you think we'll get a second unique set of member coupons (i.e. $8 off dvd/blu-ray) in time for November's CC sale?
Old 10-06-12, 12:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by georgec
Laser, do you think we'll get a second unique set of member coupons (i.e. $8 off dvd/blu-ray) in time for November's CC sale?
I just removed one recently that expired October 1. They do usually have some overlap with these coupons, and there should be another one before the current coupon expires in December. Looking at the dates on the current coupon I would anticipate seeing a new one in early November. Looks like by then the sale will already be running, but at least still should have it before it ends.
Old 10-06-12, 01:31 PM

Thanks as always, Laser. Look forward to that new batch. It'll make using the $8 coupon during the CC sale a little easier.
Old 10-06-12, 04:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I've been coasting on my brother's membership, but he will not be renewing come January. I told him that was the wise decision. As others noted, I just don't see the incentive to be a paid member anymore.
Old 10-13-12, 12:37 PM
Cool New Member

I have a membership to Barnes and Noble. I tried using the "$5 off one music CD" at the local Barnes and Noble bookstore today but the sales lady at the counter politely told me that I couldn't use it because I already have a membership. She said that the coupon only valid for memberships bought between September 3, 2012 and November 7, 2012. Did anybody encountered the same problem?

David
Old 10-13-12, 02:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by davidstead
I have a membership to Barnes and Noble. I tried using the "$5 off one music CD" at the local Barnes and Noble bookstore today but the sales lady at the counter politely told me that I couldn't use it because I already have a membership. She said that the coupon only valid for memberships bought between September 3, 2012 and November 7, 2012. Did anybody encountered the same problem?

David
I assume you probably didn't purchase the membership between those dates, and the B&N employee unfortunately strictly enforced the terms of the fine print of the coupon. The coupons have always been a huge ymmv, and there have been many posts and stories of B&N employees that have rejected the coupons for various reasons. You can always try a different store or employee to see if they would accept it. Also you could check to see if the CD is online and maybe use the online version of the coupon. It should work with a membership online regardless when it was purchased as long as the item purchased is eligible with coupons, and falls within the price requirements.
Old 10-13-12, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Has BN Buzz been discontinued? When I tried to go to the sign up page today it redirected me to B&N.com instead. I was wondering if they were still sending out text message coupons for B&N anymore.
Old 10-13-12, 05:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Lat one I got was sep 28
Old 10-13-12, 06:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I see a box set I would like to get at BN that is 1/2 price 24.99 on thier web site, just .01 short for free shipping. There are two stores near me that come up as having it available for pick-up but the price shown on that page is 49.99. If I go through the process of in store pick-up which price would it be when I get there?
Old 10-13-12, 06:59 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ernestrp
I see a box set I would like to get at BN that is 1/2 price 24.99 on thier web site, just .01 short for free shipping. There are two stores near me that come up as having it available for pick-up but the price shown on that page is 49.99. If I go through the process of in store pick-up which price would it be when I get there?
Online and store prices are not necessarily the same. Sometimes if there is a special sale they may have the same prices online and at stores though. I would suggest calling the store to check on the price before picking it up to verify it. It might be only half off online and full msrp at the store.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 10-13-12 at 07:04 PM.
Old 10-13-12, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

During the last Criterion sale I noticed that when you did in store pick up, the website showed the store price to be full price even though the store was having the sale. When I went to the store it was the sale price and I could use my membership for the additional 10% off. I am guessing that the website will always show the in store price as full price whether its on sale or not. You have to call the store for actual price.
Old 10-15-12, 06:42 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
Online and store prices are not necessarily the same. Sometimes if there is a special sale they may have the same prices online and at stores though. I would suggest calling the store to check on the price before picking it up to verify it. It might be only half off online and full msrp at the store.
I went there today as I was driving by and it was 29.99 or only 40% off. Decided just to wait and see if Costco gets Charlie Chan set 3 for 17.99.
Old 10-16-12, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Looks like only a 15% non-member coupon this week for the coupon list. It appears if B&N has started going with unique code coupons for members now.

Old 10-16-12, 09:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Looks like only a 15% non-member coupon this week for the coupon list. It appears if B&N has started going with unique code coupons for members now.
If so, it's a foolish move. I guess they think that only allowing members to use one coupon each time they release new coupons is going to result in members buying more products at full price. More likely, members are going to just buy less and be less likely to renew their memberships.
Old 10-16-12, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LASER,

How do I go about and get the 15% off for non-members? Just print the one you have on here or is this just a unique code that can only be used once?
Old 10-16-12, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by rmw650
LASER,

How do I go about and get the 15% off for non-members? Just print the one you have on here or is this just a unique code that can only be used once?
Yes, just go ahead and print the coupon I have here, or go to the first page to print it. If you use the coupon link on the first page it should make it easy. The 15% coupon is valid for everyone.
Old 10-16-12, 10:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by E_v_i_l
If so, it's a foolish move. I guess they think that only allowing members to use one coupon each time they release new coupons is going to result in members buying more products at full price. More likely, members are going to just buy less and be less likely to renew their memberships.
It's starting to look that way since the last two rounds of member coupons have been unique one use codes. Also the last coupons B&N sent in the mail to members used unique codes. What makes it even worse is if you don't receive B&N emails, or if they decide to stop them like they did with my member account several times before I let it expire.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.