Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-12, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

I have not seen it mentioned anywhere but B&N is having 50% sale on a lot of animated and children titles. Lots of Disney titles are 50% off before any other discounts. Looks like this sale ends Monday according to the web site information posted.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/s?sort...=dvd&view=grid
Old 02-15-12, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
I have not seen it mentioned anywhere but B&N is having 50% sale on a lot of animated and children titles. Lots of Disney titles are 50% off before any other discounts. Looks like this sale ends Monday according to the web site information posted.

Is the sale in-store too? If so, there could be some 3D bargains with the 50% off, 20% off coupon, and 10% off member discount.

Last edited by kenbenobi; 02-15-12 at 04:05 PM.
Old 02-15-12, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Is the sale in-store too?
I called a local store and they said they were having a sale on select children and animated titles. Didn't sound like the sale was as big as the online one. They said prices were discounted on some titles 30% to 50%. If you are interested in a particular DVD or blu-ray title may want to call and ask before going. Also if you have a membership the printable $8 blu-ray/DVD coupon could come in useful if there is anything worthwhile at stores.
Old 02-15-12, 06:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks. I bought the Toy Story 3D collection. Yes, I know they don't include anything but the 3D editions but I already have all the regular BDs. $50 minus 20% off minus a $10 gift card I got for buying something else at B&N (yes, I know that's not really a reduction in price) minus 3% from that unnameable place (too bad that's down so low now but, hey, it's still about another buck in free money) and I'm paying just a little over $30 including tax for three great 3D movies.

Oh yeah, I don't have a 3D TV yet (I've got a 3D BD player) but I will some day.
Old 02-15-12, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received a new BN Buzz coupon for 20% off, valid in-store. You can try to use that. They have never asked to look at my phone. They just ask for the code (YMMV of course). The code is:
thank you kenbenobi - i will give it a try

and thank you laser for the new printables
Old 02-17-12, 09:05 AM

Any new AAA coupon code for 10% off entire order?
Old 02-17-12, 09:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Few posts up say there aren't going to be anymore.
Old 02-17-12, 10:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by ncaa2010
Any new AAA coupon code for 10% off entire order?
Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Few posts up say there aren't going to be anymore.
There currently is no coupon code available. However after a week of being removed entirely from the AAA website I noticed B&N is back again. The 10% discount is mentioned on the page but when you try to click through to get it there is no coupon added to your cart. Also I noticed when you try to redeem the discount it takes you to a page that mentions the B&N deal of the day now instead of the homepage.

I have no idea what is going on at AAA since it has been several weeks since there was a valid coupon code. Obviously something is going on behind the scenes because of the delays. I wonder if they are trying to change the discount in some way to prevent the code from getting taken from their web site and used elsewhere.

Anyway I will keep watch to see what happens in the future. If there ever is a new code I'll post it.
Old 02-17-12, 02:03 PM

Thanks Lasermovies for the discount codes, I have saved a lot since I discovered this thread last year.
On the other hand, anyone got the bonus $10 gift card from BN for every $100 purchased at BN.com during the promotion last year around November 2011!Mine has never come so I called the customer service several times and every time the CS told me the gift card will be sent to my email or physical address. It's almost 2 months and I have yet received nothing but BS from BN. I finally cancel my membership and get the membership fee back. I already stop buying anything from them. It will be the next "Borders" RIP
Old 02-17-12, 02:54 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by B747
Thanks Lasermovies for the discount codes, I have saved a lot since I discovered this thread last year.
On the other hand, anyone got the bonus $10 gift card from BN for every $100 purchased at BN.com during the promotion last year around November 2011!Mine has never come so I called the customer service several times and every time the CS told me the gift card will be sent to my email or physical address. It's almost 2 months and I have yet received nothing but BS from BN. I finally cancel my membership and get the membership fee back. I already stop buying anything from them. It will be the next "Borders" RIP
The promotion back in November was a free $10 gift card if you buy $100 in gift cards, not purchases. The $10 card was to be emailed on the 26th of December. I took advantage of the offer with 2 accounts and received the $10 emails on the 26th as promised. If you qualified for the offer and didn't get the email, it either ended up in your Spam folder or you missed it.
Old 02-17-12, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by jwstl
The promotion back in November was a free $10 gift card if you buy $100 in gift cards, not purchases. The $10 card was to be emailed on the 26th of December. I took advantage of the offer with 2 accounts and received the $10 emails on the 26th as promised. If you qualified for the offer and didn't get the email, it either ended up in your Spam folder or you missed it.
Yes, it's $100 gift card purchase, but I have yet received anything so that I called the CS and every time I was given the answer, it will be in your email within 36 hours. I checked all the email received after Dec 26, including Spam folder, and found nothing. Last time I called BN, and the last time (fourth time regarding the same issue), I was told it will be mailed out to my physical address. It's almost a month, I still got nothing. I already gave up. I don't trust BN anymore so that I cancel the membership and get the money back with my credit card company. $10 is not a big deal, the problem is there are mulitple promises and none of those was fulfilled. I'm now shopping Amazon. The CS from Amazon is superior.
Old 02-17-12, 06:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by B747
Sorry you didn't get the gift card. I did the $100 GC promotion and received my $10 GC as promised. Also received $8 cashback and $5 back on my credit card on top of the gift card. However the previous year when B&N ran this offer I had a similar experience like you did and didn't receive the $10 GC. I called customer service and they did manage to help me eventually get the gift card. Maybe you should try talking with a supervisor instead of a regular CSR.
Old 02-17-12, 07:47 PM

Has anyone tried using the same coupon (or multiple copies of the same coupon) in the same visit. There are some items in the latest sale that really interest me. Only problem, the only store that carries them is way out of my way so multiple trips are out. About the only way it would work if I could ring up the items separately using the coupon each time. Any thoughts? I don't know anyone at the out of the way store.
Old 02-17-12, 10:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I've always been able to use multiple non-membership coupons going through the line a few times.
Old 02-18-12, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by JoeDoakes
Has anyone tried using the same coupon (or multiple copies of the same coupon) in the same visit. There are some items in the latest sale that really interest me. Only problem, the only store that carries them is way out of my way so multiple trips are out. About the only way it would work if I could ring up the items separately using the coupon each time. Any thoughts? I don't know anyone at the out of the way store.
The register will not allow the same coupon to be used in the same transaction. The cashier could always manually adjust the price of an item to override of course, but YMMV. As for multiple transactions on the same visit, the system will allow it. But the cashier may not. I have been shot down on that before. If you have different coupons, there should be no problem.

Yesterday I used 4 different coupons in one transaction. That's a new record for me. I wasn't sure they would allow it. I used the 8 off 40 coupon on Looney Tunes box set, 20% off members coupon on Gnomeo & Juliet, the BN Buzz 20% off coupon on Lego Star Wars Padawan Menace, and the 5 off 50 coupon overall.
Looney Tunes - 25.27
Gnomeo - 16.24
Lego SW - 4.86
$46.37 total. Tax is basically washed by my B&N MC (15 cent difference). I can't believe I beat Amazon's price on LT by almost 10 bucks!!!
Old 02-18-12, 06:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I called a local store and they said they were having a sale on select children and animated titles. Didn't sound like the sale was as big as the online one. They said prices were discounted on some titles 30% to 50%. If you are interested in a particular DVD or blu-ray title may want to call and ask before going. Also if you have a membership the printable $8 blu-ray/DVD coupon could come in useful if there is anything worthwhile at stores.
I meant to reply to this yesterday, but forgot. The sale IS valid in-store as well. My store's Music Dept. has signs all over the place. It has to be a title from their Childrens DVD section. As long as it is, it should be 50% off... So all Disney titles and other animated or live-action films/cartoons/TV shows that are tailored toward kids...
Old 02-18-12, 09:08 PM

Here's another question: On page 1 of this thread there are a lot of separate 20% or 10% off online membership coupons. I have a membership. Say I want to use each of those coupons to purchase one item for each coupon online. Can I stack them in a single order? If not, can I use them in separate orders and rely on free shipping with the membership to avoid shipping charges (the total of each item will be less than $25)? Thanks
Old 02-18-12, 10:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's another question: On page 1 of this thread there are a lot of separate 20% or 10% off online membership coupons. I have a membership. Say I want to use each of those coupons to purchase one item for each coupon online. Can I stack them in a single order? If not, can I use them in separate orders and rely on free shipping with the membership to avoid shipping charges (the total of each item will be less than $25)? Thanks
You get free shipping with no minimum on qualifying items. I usually do a separate order for each item with a coupon. The coupons, as they read, apply to the highest priced item, so if you use multiple ones, it probably won't apply to different items. I haven't tried it, so maybe I'm wrong and it works like when you do it at the store.
Old 02-18-12, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Just to confirm what Peepers said, place separate orders. You can't apply more than one coupon in an online order anyway, plus in case any title is backordered for any reason, it won't hold up your other items. I should also mention, in case you were not aware, you can also use the non-member coupons with your membership. So you have lots of coupons at your disposal... But each code can only be used once for any bn.com account...
Old 02-20-12, 11:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

New BN Buzz online non-member coupon for 20% off:
T3C3B4U

As usual, it says it expires in 3 days, but that typically is not the case. No way to know what the actual expiration date is...
Old 02-20-12, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

New BN Buzz online non-member coupon for 20% off:
T3C3B4U

As usual, it says it expires in 3 days, but that typically is not the case. No way to know what the actual expiration date is...
Thanks! I'll add it to the first page when I get some spare time. The first code is still active, so this will probably work for a long time before it expires.
Old 02-20-12, 03:07 PM

Just to confirm what Peepers said, place separate orders. You can't apply more than one coupon in an online order anyway, plus in case any title is backordered for any reason, it won't hold up your other items. I should also mention, in case you were not aware, you can also use the non-member coupons with your membership. So you have lots of coupons at your disposal... But each code can only be used once for any bn.com account...
That's what I did. Seems kind of a waste to get multiple boxes.

Does anyone know, does that 50% of childrens' titles sale repeat twice a year like some of the other sales?
Old 02-20-12, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

But each code can only be used once for any bn.com account...
Don't forget about the non-membership code for 5% or 10% off the entire order. Those can be used multiple times. The 10% one recently expired but there's still 5%.
Old 02-22-12, 03:49 AM
Banned

I have three memberships & placed several orders using the 20% off codes. Along with other children's titles, I placed several orders for various versions of Snow White (knowing that it was a gamble on getting them). I've gotten cancellation notices for all of the Snow Whites so far.

When a BN order using a coupon code gets canceled, can the code be used again? I can't recall this happening in the five years or so I've been a member.
Old 02-22-12, 03:52 AM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts

I think if you call customer service, they may be able to make it active again. I remember some people saying that. I've never tried personally though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.