Reload this Page >

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs
Old 01-11-19, 05:29 PM
DVD Talk Forum Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: hariseldon
Assume that all of these are available to all customers unless specifically listed as member only.

Mini FAQ
Coupons should not work for PREORDERS , Criterions, Nook, Legos, Rosetta Stone, Digital, Gift Cards, Memberships, etc.
Free Shipping is $25 (before tax/shipping) or with membership.
Online only a single code can be applied to an order

Return period is 14 days after delivery though possibly it's 30 days now for most people though there is a discrepancy b/w the receipt and website.
Online ordered items can returned to a local store unless it's classified as a web-only item then it's at the store's discretion to accept

Single Item 15% OFF, but should be reusable in different transaction and if the Clerks will scan it more than once.
https://www.barnesandnoble.com/promo...100045:K7K8F3B
Expiration 12/31/2020 and despite the coupon language is only good for In-store coupon Eligible items.

The long standing Free 60 day Trial Offer was discontinued in late May 2016
"New Member" Welcome Coupons appear to be discontinued at least for now

Print Wikipost

Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-09, 01:41 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Barnes And Noble Coupon Thread Part 2

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
B&N has a page up for the B2G1 free sale. Not sure when the sale will officially start but would assume very soon...
ooh this is exciting
Old 05-30-09, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Laser, thanks for continuing to keep this thread updated. I'm using a coupon at least once a month.
Old 05-31-09, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
I ordered the Blu Ray 2 pack of THE PASSION OF THE CHRIST and THE ROBE. That has been delayed one month, too.
Received my shipment on Friday, but soemone at the warehouse screwed up and sent me a copy of a book by James Patterson.

I took it to my local Barnes and Noble and they were very helpful and exchanged without a problem. Great customer service!
Old 05-31-09, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Doc Moonlight
Received my shipment on Friday, but soemone at the warehouse screwed up and sent me a copy of a book by James Patterson.

I took it to my local Barnes and Noble and they were very helpful and exchanged without a problem. Great customer service!
Sometimes I wonder who B&N has working in the warehouse packing orders. I've had about 3 or 4 orders that did not have the correct item.
Old 06-01-09, 12:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

That's odd. I couldn't get C8U7B7C to work with my membership tonight, even though the others worked fine. I had A Team Season One DVD, 21st Century Breakdown CD (which is likely 1 penny too cheap to qualify at the 9.99 price), Runaway Jury / Class Action dvd, and one other $10 dvd.

I'd think I'd get at least $5 off A-Team and $5 off of 40. Or maybe they're now actively enforcing the "just renewed your membership" stipulation...
Old 06-01-09, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by drh4
That's odd. I couldn't get C8U7B7C to work with my membership tonight, even though the others worked fine. I had A Team Season One DVD, 21st Century Breakdown CD (which is likely 1 penny too cheap to qualify at the 9.99 price), Runaway Jury / Class Action dvd, and one other $10 dvd.

I'd think I'd get at least $5 off A-Team and $5 off of 40. Or maybe they're now actively enforcing the "just renewed your membership" stipulation...
I just gave the coupon a test with some items I have in my cart and it is active. You're correct the CD has to be a penny more to qualify. Also if you didn't notice B&N has raised the purchase requirements for DVDs from $15 to $20, and it is also now $5 off $50 instead of $40.
Old 06-01-09, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ah, that explains it, as the A Team set is $19.99 , and I was below $50. My apologies for not noticing the change.

Thanks as always for your superb work in this thread, LASERMOVIES.
Old 06-01-09, 09:56 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I just gave the coupon a test with some items I have in my cart and it is active. You're correct the CD has to be a penny more to qualify. Also if you didn't notice B&N has raised the purchase requirements for DVDs from $15 to $20, and it is also now $5 off $50 instead of $40.
That sucks!!! First it was a $10 DVD, then $15, now $20? I used to love this coupon, but now I may not even use it... We used to use it on the 3 Stooges Collections sets, but now they will be too low to qualify.
Old 06-01-09, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by drh4
Ah, that explains it, as the A Team set is $19.99 , and I was below $50. My apologies for not noticing the change.

Thanks as always for your superb work in this thread, LASERMOVIES.
When I first ran across the coupon I didn't notice the changes either since I didn't read through all the coupon details until later.

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
That sucks!!! First it was a $10 DVD, then $15, now $20? I used to love this coupon, but now I may not even use it... We used to use it on the 3 Stooges Collections sets, but now they will be too low to qualify.
I agree B&N is quickly making it a almost useless coupon. It is getting tougher to find DVDs in the price range making the discount 20% or greater. However lately B&N has also been ruining coupons with restrictions and other limitations of usage. They are also starting to issue fewer members coupons. If the trend continues I will probably not renew my membership when it expires later in the year.
Old 06-01-09, 04:09 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just a heads up that the B2G1F sale is active today. It appears some DVDs have already increased in price.

Also there is a 15% coupon for non-members that is now active, but it will work only through one of the bookstore links posted on the first page. Expires in about a week.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/...?r=1&PID=28352
Old 06-01-09, 05:00 PM

Just a heads up that the B2G1F sale is active today. It appears some DVDs have already increased in price.
Thanks again, Laser! I had wanted to use the $15.00 off coupon ($5 off CD, $5 off DVD, $5 off total of $50) but was holding off. Finally used it combined with this B2G1F sale and feel like I came out on top in a pretty good way. Two of the dvds I bought still had a nice 15% off from their B&N normal price (no increase as of yet), so overall I'm really happy. I estimate I got my 3 dvds at about a 50% MSRP discount.
Old 06-01-09, 05:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GaryO
Thanks again, Laser! I had wanted to use the $15.00 off coupon ($5 off CD, $5 off DVD, $5 off total of $50) but was holding off. Finally used it combined with this B2G1F sale and feel like I came out on top in a pretty good way. Two of the dvds I bought still had a nice 15% off from their B&N normal price (no increase as of yet), so overall I'm really happy. I estimate I got my 3 dvds at about a 50% MSRP discount.
Interesting. It looks like the coupon will take $5 off even when you get a free DVD. I have three $26 blu-rays in my cart and one gets the $5 discount, the other 2 get a $5 discount, and I have a credit for a free DVD. With the B2G1F sale the $5 off $50 is more like $5 off $25. Not sure if it is a glitch but it might be a good time to use the coupon with th.

Edit: I see what is actually happening. It is taking $5 off $50 as it should. It bases the discount on everything in your cart even if it already received a $5 DVD and $5 CD discount. Still it is a great way to use the coupon on the sale.

Last edited by Laser Movies; 06-01-09 at 10:07 PM.
Old 06-01-09, 05:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Where exactly is the $15 off coupon? I must be missing it, but I can't figure this one out.
Old 06-01-09, 06:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Brent L
Where exactly is the $15 off coupon? I must be missing it, but I can't figure this one out.
It's listed in the renewal coupon section on the first page. It's actually a $5 off coupon that is stackable. You get $5 off a CD $10 or more, $5 off a DVD $20 or more, and $5 off a purchase of $50 or more. All the offers stack together when combined online.
Old 06-01-09, 08:31 PM

Has anybody made multiple B2G1 orders yet? The offer details LASERMOVIES posted above state "This offer is valid for one order per individual." I'm almost certain I've made multiple purchases during past sales, so I wonder if this is a new rule or one that's just never enforced.
Old 06-01-09, 08:41 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

^

I believe it is good for multiple orders. I've made multiple orders in the past and didn't have a problem. I remember reading something about one order per individual on earlier sales and it didn't seem to make a difference.

It appears almost everything in the DVD section is showing up as part of the sale, even DVDs that are 50% off. I would order early since it is a good chance B&N may remove titles from the sale with the larger discounts.
Old 06-01-09, 09:01 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It appears almost everything in the DVD section is showing up as part of the sale, even DVDs that are 50% off. I would order early since it is a good chance B&N may remove titles from the sale with the larger discounts.
There's a bunch of MGM Midnite Movies in that 50% sale for $4.99 that also work with the B2G1. Even as a non-member I'm getting three of them for about $9 after the two sales, a non-member coupon and the military link. I've been wanting to expand my collection of those anyway, so that's a good way to burn my gift card.
Old 06-01-09, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm not getting anything to show up for free now.

EDIT:

It's working now, weird.

Last edited by Brent L; 06-01-09 at 09:52 PM.
Old 06-02-09, 01:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm getting the b2g1 discount where marked, but not otherwise (e.g. A-team or SNL boxsets).
Old 06-02-09, 02:46 AM
Cool New Member

Eureka - Season 1 and Season 2 are 40% off and marked as part of the buy 2 get 3rd free sale.
Old 06-02-09, 06:46 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Looks like I missed out already, tried three titles from the B2G1 section and none is coming up as free.
Old 06-02-09, 07:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Rock88
Eureka - Season 1 and Season 2 are 40% off and marked as part of the buy 2 get 3rd free sale.
Good catch! Unfortunately, I couldn't find anything else with a discount over 20% that qualifies... I didn't buy anything in this sale last year, and it wouldn't surprise me if I don't this year either...
Old 06-02-09, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Looks like I missed out already, tried three titles from the B2G1 section and none is coming up as free.
Strange. I just picked 3 random titles from that section, and the lowest price item shows as free in my cart. There must be something wrong with one of the titles you selected...
Old 06-02-09, 07:37 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
Strange. I just picked 3 random titles from that section, and the lowest price item shows as free in my cart. There must be something wrong with one of the titles you selected...
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. It looks like all 3 don't actually have the B2G1 logo, so that must be it. Take them out of that section B&N! (one is Weeds which is in the banner ad)

Yeah, it looks like all 3 are part of the Father's Day Sale, which seems to be trumping the B2G1.

Last edited by starman9000; 06-02-09 at 07:43 AM.
Old 06-02-09, 07:47 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by starman9000
Yeah, I don't know what the deal is. It looks like all 3 don't actually have the B2G1 logo, so that must be it. Take them out of that section B&N! (one is Weeds which is in the banner ad)

Yeah, it looks like all 3 are part of the Father's Day Sale, which seems to be trumping the B2G1.
That doesn't surprise me at all (especially with Weeds being in the banner ad). B&N always pulls titles from their B2G1F sale, but usually not this quickly... Only time before they pull Eureka out...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.