Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

B1G1 Free on Select Anchor Bay Titles at DD

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-08, 12:06 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by smackattack
i had sorter #3. I dont think it has anything to do with who packed it. It has everything to do with uncle sam. DVDS shipped in bubble mailers take too much abuse.
Yeah, I'm just getting at who is doing the packaging then contact DeepDiscount about that particular sorter. They should know better by now. And with the 20% sale coming up, I'd tell DeepDiscount you're hesitant on ordering.
Old 05-29-08, 12:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got most of by stuff today. One order came in a box, the other in a bubble mailer.

Picked up two more titles from DVDPlanet, Long Good Friday and Ladykillers. That's it. No more spending before the sale.
Old 05-29-08, 01:12 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bet
Old 05-31-08, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
THANK GOD this is over --- a combined purchase from DVDPlanet and DD of around $300 including some blind buys (thanks alot you guys!) ... hopefully I can take a little rest with the 20% off sale.

So far only got a couple of 9.10 titles in a bubble and they were OK -- the rest were in boxes (Though it helps to have a lot of sets that require boxes)
Old 05-31-08, 11:08 AM

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts
Received my orders in a well packaged box - was dreading those bubble mailers. Just one more to receive - Bava box#2 which I expect to receive in a box. So far so good, which is a hit or miss with DD these days
Old 06-10-08, 01:25 PM

T & C

anybody have the Terms and Conditions of this sale.

Might be a bit hard to find,,now the sale is over
Old 06-10-08, 04:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 659 Likes on 479 Posts
Basically, purchase 1 DVD at the listed price and get a 2nd DVD of equal or lesser value for free.

cardsfan111 reposted the price/selection list by mnementh in post #12 of this thread.
Old 06-11-08, 04:08 AM

You would think,,,BobO'Link

I bought 2x Master Of Horror Series 1 Vol.4 Blu-Ray DVDs.

I sent their Coupon Concern department an email yesterday

Here is their reply :

You only have two items on that order.

We do apologize as to you would have had to order three.

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this point. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know. We do apologize about the inconveniences. Again, thank you for writing DeepDiscount.com. We appreciate your business. Regards,

I think I wil have to give them a ring to sort this out,,which won't be free as I am in the UK
Old 06-11-08, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 659 Likes on 479 Posts
^The title *is* on the list and should (IMO) be part of that sale with those terms. It sounds like CS is confusing 2 differing sales (I *think* there was a BR B2G1 going on at the time - there was an insane number of concurrent sales when this on was active).

While a call is probably in order I would try another email (especially considering your location and that the cost of a call could wipe out any savings) and include the list mnementh provided as ammunition.

You also might include the banner image.

Here is the original link to the sale: http://deepdiscount.com/DVD---Anchor...ode=B1G1AB0805
(doesn't work, but it might be additional ammunition for a dispute)

There is also "Dave" who appears to be high up in the DD chain and has a membership on DVD Talk.

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/member.php?userid=34290

He started the DD 20% off sale thread and appears to monitor that one. It might be worth an effort to PM him with your problem.
Old 06-11-08, 09:34 AM

Thanks for that BobO'Link,,thats a big a help

I have just sent another email,,with the list, banner and explaining the possible confusion between the two sales.

So hopefully this will lead to a bit of a refund.
Old 06-12-08, 09:45 AM

Did anyone else here order Freaked? I received mine yesterday, but the cover is just a collage of characters & scenes from the movie. There is no title, movie description or anything on it, just the barcode on the back. I even opened it to see if maybe the cover is reversible but the other side is blank. Is this supposed to come with a slipcover? That's the only explanation I can come up with.
Old 06-12-08, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by lanemyer74
Did anyone else here order Freaked? I received mine yesterday, but the cover is just a collage of characters & scenes from the movie. There is no title, movie description or anything on it, just the barcode on the back. I even opened it to see if maybe the cover is reversible but the other side is blank. Is this supposed to come with a slipcover? That's the only explanation I can come up with.
i ordered FREAKED from dvdplanet and you're missing the slipcover.
Old 06-12-08, 10:00 AM

Thanks. I will be exchanging this then.
Old 06-12-08, 08:50 PM

Received 93 Likes on 59 Posts
Thanks. I will be exchanging this then.
Good luck, because odds are it won't work. I exchanged the movie twice last summer and none of the copies had the slipcover.

I finally got a refund and bought it for $10 on eBay where I could see an actual picture of what I was getting.
Old 06-12-08, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got Freaked from DD a couple weeks ago... and it did come with the slipcover.
Old 06-12-08, 10:52 PM

Thanks for all of your input, guys. Before I mail it back, I'll give them a call as well & specifically request one with a slipcover.
Old 06-13-08, 11:42 PM

Thanks for all of your input, guys. Before I mail it back, I'll give them a call as well & specifically request one with a slipcover.
I'm in the same boat. I hope DD gives us all our slipcovers.