Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Blu-Ray Bargains at jr.com select titles

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-08, 12:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I wonder if this deal ended so quickly because it was a mistake? Perhaps they intended to put the DVDs on sale. Regardless, I'm glad I got my order in before it ended.
Old 03-26-08, 03:46 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No. There was a big-ass banner on the site touting the "Blu-Ray Blowout!" or something like that..
Old 03-26-08, 07:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Worked for me. Got shipping confirmation this morning on the title I ordered.
Old 03-26-08, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Both Weeds shipped today.
Old 03-26-08, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I haven't received shipping confirmation and my cc has yet to be charged. Doesn't look good.
Old 03-26-08, 08:33 AM

My ten titles shipped yesterday.
Old 03-26-08, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by kicker_of_elves
I haven't received shipping confirmation and my cc has yet to be charged. Doesn't look good.
I e-mailed and got a rather unsatisfactory response that it could take up to two weeks for orders to ship.

So then I called and didn't do much better. The story wasn't very coherent. First it was that for CDs and DVDs they don't have real-time inventory of what's in their stores and they might have to back-order, then it became the order was sent to their New York store and might ship today. Couldn't tell me if something I ordered was out of stock, or much of anything. Lame.

I came close to paying extra for 2 day UPS shipping, and boy am I glad that I didn't. What's the point in paying for faster delivery when it takes days to ship stuff. At least amazon is upfront about their extremely slow shipping when using super saver.

I told the CS agent that this is my first J&R order, and that it wasn't making a very good impression. That didn't seem to bother her at all.

Five days after I placed the order, it's still processing. Lovely.

David
Old 03-27-08, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by diverdave
Five days after I placed the order, it's still processing. Lovely.
Received a shipping notice today. All 4 items ordered are shipped....

David
Old 03-27-08, 09:09 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 230 Likes on 158 Posts
Damn.

Too bad I was away from the PC when this deal was listed.
Old 03-27-08, 09:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
My account had the money held, then it was un-held. Then, my order shipped, and I haven't been charged yet.
Old 03-27-08, 09:24 AM

Like many of you, I ordered on the 21st (first day of sale) and have not received shipping info which is unacceptable.

I know they are backed up, but I would like to have someone explain to me why it takes nearly a week to ship out a small order of 2 discs when they are supposedly "in stock."

I plan to make a comment on sites like resellerratings. com to let others know about their "1-2 days" shipping promise! I would hope others would do the same!

Hell may freeze over before I order from J&R again!
Old 03-27-08, 11:52 AM

My solution: Cancellation

After waiting nearly a week for J&R to ship my 2 titles, I decided to cancel.

It's just not worth the hassle, especially since I can order these 2 titles for only $1.50 more each from Amazon and receive them in 1-2 days.

The bottom line is that I don't want to reward vendors like J&R that can't deliver on their promises (1-2 days shipping)!
Old 03-27-08, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The last time I ordered from J&R, I ordered two titles, one shipped and one was canceled. I called about the canceled item and was told that since it was out of stock, they just cancel it, it showed in stock on the site when I ordered and showed in stock when I called. The guy I talked to said he could place another order at the original price which he did. Four or five days later I get an email that said my order was canceled. I check the website and it still shows the title as in stock.

I call back and the lady I talked to couldn't tell me why it was canceled. I told her it was in stock according to their website, and she said she has no idea and can't see what's in stock. I ask if she can place another order and she says sure, but only at the current price, not the sale price. She checked with a supervisor, yeah right, and came back and said they can't sell it to me at the original sale price.

The main reason I placed the order was for the title they canceled. I swore I wouldn't order from them again. I missed this sale, maybe it was for the best, because I probably would have placed an order.
Old 03-27-08, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I got my shipping notice finally
Old 03-27-08, 08:02 PM

Received all my movies today, 8 had 25.99 musicworld price tags and two had Best Buy price tags. 1