DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - March '08 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/526383-official-anime-bargains-thread-%5Bupdated-daily-close-%5D-march-08-a.html)

WTK 03-04-08 07:13 AM

Shawne's Deals of the Day for Monday, March 4 2008:

Deal 03: Tetsujin 28 Compete DVD Set (Hyb)
$39.98 // $23.98 (40.0%) // $21.58 (46.0%)

WTK 03-04-08 03:10 PM

TRSI Bargain Bin Update:

EDIT: Peacemaker DVD 1 (Hyb) Limited Edition (Artbox + Manga) is sold out!

WTK 03-05-08 12:15 AM

Numerous things updated in the top posts...Best Buy table is now updated. Thanks SkyDog! :up:

Here are the changes to the BB table:

Added (B&M only or via kiosk):
Basilisk, Vol.3 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Basilisk, Vol.4 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
BECK, Vol.3: $10.99
BECK, Vol.4: $10.99
Burst Angel, Vol.3: East Meets West (old edition): $11.99
Desert Punk, Vol.5 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Desert Punk, Vol.6 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Dragon Ball Z Movie 12: Fusion Reborn Uncut: $8.99
FullMetal Alchemist, Vol.5 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
FullMetal Alchemist, Vol.6 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Glass Fleet, Vol.1: $10.99
Glass Fleet, Vol.2: $10.99
Hell Girl, Vol.1 + Artbox: $15.99
Mushi-Shi, Vol.2: $10.99
Mushi-Shi, Vol.3: $10.99
Samurai 7, Vol.7 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
School Rumble, Vol.2: $10.99
Speed Grapher, Vol.1+Box (LE): $18.99
Suzuka, Vol.4: $10.99
Suzuka, Vol.5: $10.99
Trinity Blood, Vol.1 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Trinity Blood, Vol.2 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Trinity Blood, Vol.3 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Trinity Blood, Vol.4 (Viridian Collection): $5.99
Tsubasa, RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE, Vol.2: $10.99

Edited:
Giant Robo: The Day the Earth Stood Still: Economy Collection: $15.99 (B&M only or via kiosk)
Yugo the Negotiator Vol. 1, Pakistan 1: Departure: change to *$12.99 (both B&M & online)

Removed:
Banner of Stars Anime Legends Complete Collection
Cromartie High School Vol. 1: Cromartian Rhapsody (w/Art Box)
Dragon Ball GT: A Hero's Legacy
Dragon Ball Z: Cell Games: Sacrifice [Uncut]
Gravion Zwei: Complete Collection
Mobile Suit Gundam Seed 1: Destiny [2 Discs / With CD]
Robotech Re-Mastered Vol. 3: Macross Collection 3
Sister Princess Vol. 4: Brotherly Love
Sister Princess Vol. 5: Gifts From The Heart
Sister Princess Vol. 7: Brother Where Are Thou
Witch Hunter Robin Vol. 1: Arrival
Yu-Gi-Oh! Capsule Monsters Movie: Part 1
Yu-Gi-Oh! Season 4 Vol. 2: My Freaky Valentine (Edited)
Yu Yu Hakusho Vol. 03: A New Apprentice

strawberryshortcake 03-05-08 04:27 PM

When does the Geneon sale end?

WTK 03-05-08 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by strawberry99
When does the Geneon sale end?

It may last 3 weeks, but it can be less or more than that. My local stores usually don't know when a promotion will end/start until a couple days before it ends (sometimes a week ahead). If you really want some Geneon titles, I would suggest that you do it sooner rather than later. This is almost a now-or-never Geneon sale!

strawberryshortcake 03-05-08 06:38 PM

Thank you for the Geneon response.

You may or may not want to update the Best Buy "Kiosk" availability on Excel Saga: Imperfect Collection. My order was placed on backorder, and ultimately got canceled about a month later. This was about two months ago. At least I managed to grab one off ebay in absolutely stellar, minty fresh condition.

Originally Posted by WTK

Does anyone know if the bonus Appleseed ID book will be packaged along with the in-store release? Not paying for the $1.99 shipping charges is always a plus. I already placed an on-line order, but would prefer to buy it in store.

Liontamer 03-05-08 06:46 PM

Does anyone know if the bonus Appleseed ID book will be packaged along with the in-store release? Not paying for the $1.99 shipping charges is always a plus. I already placed an on-line order, but would prefer to buy it in store.

Speedy's thread for next week's Best Buy ad lists it as being an in-store bonus too.

Digital Saint 03-05-08 07:47 PM

Sort of a random question, but what do you think the odds are the RahXephon thinpak collection over at Deep Discount will stay at ~$45 long enough for the 20% off sale in June (assuming it is in June)? I'd like to save ~$9 and wait. I noticed the GitS: SAC 1st season set is still $45.99 so maybe the price on RahXephon is also "permanent."

WTK 03-05-08 10:07 PM

You may or may not want to update the Best Buy "Kiosk" availability on Excel Saga: Imperfect Collection. My order was placed on backorder, and ultimately got canceled about a month later. This was about two months ago. At least I managed to grab one off ebay in absolutely stellar, minty fresh condition.

I keep all the listing on the Best Buy table until it's not listed. Excel Saga: Imperfect Collection has been gone between in-stock and backordered so many times, I'm not even sure if it's really completely gone or not. Therefore until it's not listed on BestBuy.com, it will continue to be on the table.

WTK 03-05-08 10:08 PM

Originally Posted by Digital Saint
Sort of a random question, but what do you think the odds are the RahXephon thinpak collection over at Deep Discount will stay at ~$45 long enough for the 20% off sale in June (assuming it is in June)? I'd like to save ~$9 and wait. I noticed the GitS: SAC 1st season set is still $45.99 so maybe the price on RahXephon is also "permanent."

There is always a chance that the price will stay as it is, but it could backfire as well. If you're not in a hurray, I would say wait and see what happens. Keep in mind, every now and then DD raises prices on select anime titles.

WTK 03-06-08 10:11 AM

Neon Genesis of Savings on DVDs & More From ADV Films! @ RightStuf.com

Prepare yourself for a new era of savings on titles from ADV Films –whether you’re looking for first volumes (Moonlight Mile, Project Blue Earth SOS), last volumes (Kurau, Ah! My Goddess) or those in-between (Kanon, Wallflower, Tokyo Majin), plus movies (Five Centimeters…), collections (Evangelion Platinum Perfect Tin, Full Metal Panic) and more… including PRE-ORDERS!

From now through March 16, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs and 33% OFF the retail prices of all CDs, books and merchandise from ADV Films. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

Coupon Code: genesis
Expires: March 16, 2008 at 11:59 p.m. CDT

REMEMBER: If you’re a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF the MSRP on DVDs and up to 40% OFF the MSRP on CDs, books and other merchandise from ADV Films! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the “Neon Genesis of Savings” graphic on RightStuf.com: It will take you to a list of all of the ADV Films items we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they’re already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

strawberryshortcake 03-06-08 11:37 AM

Origin: Spirits of the Past (Special Edition)?

Any one have a picture of the inside packaging for Origin: Spirits of the Past?

I was surprised to see it available locally before street date. I was not impressed with the outer packaging. It was unusually thin for a 2 disc set. Thickness was essentially half the size of a normal plastic DVD case.

It seems cheaply made. I didn't buy it. Despite the extra features, I'm thinking about grabbing its first release.

DVDmaniac14 03-06-08 11:43 AM

so no word on the new EVA rebuild movies? sad :(

fujishig 03-06-08 01:36 PM

Aww, no media blasters sale?

McHawkson 03-06-08 01:42 PM

I have heard they planned live action EVA movie, but when? :shrug:

DVDmaniac14 03-06-08 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by McHawkson
I have heard they planned live action EVA movie, but when? :shrug:

man it's YEARS off....the only trailers they have at the moment are fan-made and have elijah wood and that guy who plays Agent Smith in the matrix movies...can't remember his name damnit...

toldawg128 03-06-08 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by WTK

Ordered. Thanks for the heads up! :D

Sweet Baby James 03-06-08 02:17 PM

Any one have a picture of the inside packaging for Origin: Spirits of the Past?

I was surprised to see it available locally before street date. I was not impressed with the outer packaging. It was unusually thin for a 2 disc set. Thickness was essentially half the size of a normal plastic DVD case.

It seems cheaply made. I didn't buy it. Despite the extra features, I'm thinking about grabbing its first release.

I just received the Peach Girl Complete Collection and it has a very cheaply made box. It seems like this might be the new norm for Funimation. If you have a Blu-Ray player, you might want to hold off on Origin. I could definitely see that title coming out on BD in the near future.

Droses 03-06-08 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by toldawg128
Ordered. Thanks for the heads up! :D

same here! also the fullmetal season 2 part 1 for the same price. thanks op!

DVDmaniac14 03-06-08 04:35 PM

i wish dvdplanet would bring back online their used anime section...BOO...animenation's is down too...til tuesday (3/11)

DVDmaniac14 03-06-08 05:44 PM

hey can anyone tell me about the Macross Remastered collection?

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproduct.php?id=93

was wondering if it is worth picking up...considering it's apparently $250 retail?

psychopuppet420 03-06-08 06:08 PM

A heads up for those that got in on the Aquarion: Season 1 - Part 1 pre-order price mistake at Bestbuy.com awhile back just got my shipping notice.

Sweet Baby James 03-06-08 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
A heads up for those that got in on the Aquarion: Season 1 - Part 1 pre-order price mistake at Bestbuy.com awhile back just got my shipping notice.

Same here.:up:

anifan 03-06-08 07:38 PM

Alright, I snagged that one as well. :clap:

By the way, anyone going to pick up Right Stuf's latest announcement....Maria sama....??

qtwerp 03-06-08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by anifan
Alright, I snagged that one as well. :clap:

By the way, anyone going to pick up Right Stuf's latest announcement....Maria sama....??

Definitely will closer to the release date. Hopefully theres a RightStuf sale soon or something. Otherwise I might have to get their discount card when I buy all this stuff.