Gamestop B2G4 Free *YMMV*

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Gamestop B2G4 Free *YMMV*

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-08, 10:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The 2 stores on the east end of town are still buy 2 get 2, I didn't check the west end. Probably the same though
Old 03-03-08, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I checked around Dallas area, and the Rowlett store was the only one I could find that was doing B2G4F. I called them on Thurday, and they said they had a ton of dvd boxsets. When I got there, apparently someone had cleaned them out. I was able to get the remaining boxsets, but I ended up with titles that I didn't want like Simpsons and Veronica Mars.

On a positive note, I found one store selling the very rare Transformers tv show sets. I got it for 30 bucks used. I'm gonna miss Gamestop and finding these treasures.
Old 03-03-08, 11:40 PM

Originally Posted by jeffbase34
I checked around Dallas area, and the Rowlett store was the only one I could find that was doing B2G4F. I called them on Thurday, and they said they had a ton of dvd boxsets. When I got there, apparently someone had cleaned them out. I was able to get the remaining boxsets, but I ended up with titles that I didn't want like Simpsons and Veronica Mars.

On a positive note, I found one store selling the very rare Transformers tv show sets. I got it for 30 bucks used. I'm gonna miss Gamestop and finding these treasures.

Hey hey! Vmars is a good show! I was not a fan when it aired, but watching the DVDs made me obsessed with the show.

Around here in NC, i was able to check both a store up in Salisbury NC, and down here In Jacksonville up to wilmington I have checked 6 stores with no luck!

So are the Movie Stop stores going out of business? Or will that be the only DVD place associated with Gamestop...?
Old 03-06-08, 02:39 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I went into the nearest GameStop not expecting them to have the sale, and I was pleasantly surprised.

For just under $25, I got the following:

Blades of Glory
The Matador
The Island
Donnie Brasco
Bowfinger
Superman Returns

I forgot to ask them if the other location in town is doing the sale too. Doh!
Old 03-12-08, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally I was able to get several good titles at gamestop that has the b2g4 deal. I got:

All Entourage Seasons
Law and Order Criminal Intent Season 1
Insomnia Criterion $1.99
Unbearable Lightness of Being $1.99
King Kong HD DVD x 2
Fast and the Furious HD DVD
Bourne Ultimatum HD DVD
City of God
The Lookout $1.99
Toy Story SE $1.99
Spider-Man Blu Ray
The Good German $1.99
Peter Gabriel DVD $1.99

Several other music DVDs for $1.99

I got 24 items for $70 plus tax.
Old 03-13-08, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as "orangecrush18" - still legal though
Originally Posted by dx23
Finally I was able to get several good titles at gamestop that has the b2g4 deal. I got:

Insomnia Criterion $1.99
Unbearable Lightness of Being $1.99
The Lookout $1.99
Toy Story SE $1.99
The Good German $1.99
Peter Gabriel DVD $1.99

Several other music DVDs for $1.99

I got 24 items for $70 plus tax.
Incredible prices. Great score.
Old 03-13-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

One store in the Flint, MI area is doing this now (Gamestop / Babbages in Courtland Center), and of course it's the worst of the sites that still have DVDs. I'm happy they're blowing all their stock out, though, as I just moved my DVD store into Flint so hopefully I'll pick up extra business!
Old 03-13-08, 02:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Apparently GameStop is quietly opening a MovieStop chain, so they aren't going away; they're getting bigger.
Old 03-13-08, 07:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Apparently GameStop is quietly opening a MovieStop chain, so they aren't going away; they're getting bigger.

I hope that is the case. I have bought hundreds of movies at Gamestop for a fraction of what they would have cost me at any given retailer.
Old 03-13-08, 11:04 PM

yea heard they'll be opening up moviestops which is why they're phasing out movies at gamestop. This could be huge
Old 03-14-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thread listing locations. So far, mostly in the Southeast corner of the country.
Old 03-14-08, 02:07 PM

Picked up a couple good ones last night, mostly blind-buys:
Stella (The Complete Series)
Terminator 3
Unbreakable
The Last Samurai (blind)
Insomnia (blind)
16 Blocks (blind)
Old 03-19-08, 08:40 AM

I finally found a store with B2G4. It's the Gamestop in Lake Grove, NY on 347 by Trader Joe's and Circuit City. They had a decent choice, but only one title interested me (WWF: Undertaker - This is My Yard). I got that for $9.99 plus tax. There were a few HD-DVDs and BVDs, but I didn't see which ones.
Old 03-19-08, 10:59 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 401 Likes on 250 Posts

don't forget an additional 10% off.
Old 03-23-08, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by DirkBelig
Actually this started about 2 or 3 years ago, and is now being phased out. MovieStop has been deemed a total failure as GameStop can no longer get a reliable influx of used DVDs now that they no longer pay cash.
Old 03-23-08, 01:56 PM

I really wish they would try to open more Moviestop's. The closest one is an hour away, but it totally worth the travel time. They have more stuff than both of my local Bestbuy's and Circuit City's combined. Everything I've bought from there looks brand new. The disc's look like they've never been touched. They have loads of out of print stuff.

I think these stores would be a worth while investment because you can still buy used, but the boxes and disc's don't look like they have been thrown against a wall and ran over repeatedly like at Gamestop. They also pay cash for trade-ins as well.
Old 03-23-08, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by DerangedHermit
I finally found a store with B2G4. It's the Gamestop in Lake Grove, NY on 347 by Trader Joe's and Circuit City. They had a decent choice, but only one title interested me (WWF: Undertaker - This is My Yard). I got that for $9.99 plus tax. There were a few HD-DVDs and BVDs, but I didn't see which ones.
Wow, that's the exact one I went to. Funcoland, right?