Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

25% off coupon for WarnerStore

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
25% off coupon for WarnerStore

Get 25% off at www.warnervideo.com using the code FBBM8 during February. Includes Blu-Ray.

Free shipping on all orders over $50
Old 02-03-08, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

The big question: Is anyone willing to order from them anymore?
Old 02-03-08, 12:31 AM

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Also includes preorders.
Old 02-03-08, 12:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by awil1026
Nope.
Old 02-03-08, 06:14 AM
Cool New Member

Tempting, but after the hassle I went through to get my preorder of FMJ ("lost" my order temporarily, promised to see quickly, finally received a month and a half after release), I'm pretty much through too.
Old 02-03-08, 09:31 AM
Defunct Account

Yeah, I had such a hassle last time. I pre-ordered some Kubricks and two didn't arrive until after Xmas.
Old 02-03-08, 10:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Shampoohorn
Tempting, but after the hassle I went through to get my preorder of FMJ ("lost" my order temporarily, promised to see quickly, finally received a month and a half after release), I'm pretty much through too.
Only a month and a half after release??? Seriously, you got yours faster than most of us...
Old 02-03-08, 10:32 AM

Never again.
Old 02-03-08, 10:42 AM
J_J

thanks for the info in this good deal for 25% off.

So I was going to get these in blu-ray
Blade runner
Michael Clayton - pre order
Assasination of Jesse James - pre-order

BUT after scrolling down and reading your other posts, getting dvd's 1 1/2 months after release is insane, especially from a major studios website!

So now way, I'll go to Best Buy, walk in and pick them up and pay a little more!

Thanks
JJ
Old 02-03-08, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by awil1026
Since they are notorious for being generous with canceled orders -- i.e., they still ship them out and without charge, some folks might be quite tempted .
Old 02-03-08, 12:48 PM

Maybe I am the only person with a positive experience with them, but they were great for me. The last 25% off, I ordered some movies that were out, the Blade Runner 5 disc collectors BD, and the 5 set Harry Potter BD. I got the ones that were out within the week, I got the Blade Runner the same day that it came out in the stores, and I got the Harry Potter 1 day after it came out in stores, and saved a bunch in the process. WB has been good to me....
Old 02-03-08, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by cine
Since they are notorious for being generous with canceled orders -- i.e., they still ship them out and without charge, some folks might be quite tempted .

Haha, I know, I experienced their generosity first hand, but I refused the shipments.
Old 02-03-08, 02:13 PM

Ha!
Old 02-03-08, 11:23 PM

I'd have no issue ordering with them again, as all of my previous orders arrived quickly (save for one, which only took a little longer than expected) and, in the case of new releases, exactly on Tuesday each time. Thing is, with their silly 3-week HD-DVD delays, I see no reason to buy any of their upcoming discs.
Old 02-04-08, 12:00 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
3 Weeks = 3 Months. I don't plan on buying from WB ever again. Can't wait for the "Where's my HD DVD order and it's been 5 months!" posts.
Old 02-04-08, 06:05 AM

I'd still do it... let's face it, I have a lot of discs I still haven't watched, I can watch those while I wait.
Old 02-04-08, 07:05 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 49 Likes on 36 Posts
I never got A Clockwork Orange. They just canceled the order without any notice. When I pointed this out to customer service they never even offered to replace the order. That being said, I got everything else I ordered at great prices, so I kinda on the fence. I don't necessarily need my blu-rays tomorrow as much as I need them at good prices.
Old 02-04-08, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by phephron
Maybe I am the only person with a positive experience with them, but they were great for me. The last 25% off, I ordered some movies that were out, the Blade Runner 5 disc collectors BD, and the 5 set Harry Potter BD. I got the ones that were out within the week, I got the Blade Runner the same day that it came out in the stores, and I got the Harry Potter 1 day after it came out in stores, and saved a bunch in the process. WB has been good to me....
^+1. I pre-ordered HDDVDs of the Kubrick films, Bladerunner, and HP and received them all on the release dates (actually got the HP set the week before release!). Unfortunately I already have all the WB HDDVDs I want to buy (other than upcoming releases, of course)

Last edited by BMAG; 02-04-08 at 09:49 AM.
Old 02-04-08, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 49 Likes on 38 Posts
Still waiting for Clockwork Orange. Ordered in MAY 2007. Never again.
Old 02-04-08, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by phephron
You're not the only one. I had two positive experiences, well four actually since 2 cancelled discs were shipped to me without charge. The last order I placed was on a Wednesday earlier this month. Got a backorder notice on Friday. Figured I was in for trouble. But the discs arrived on Monday. Then got a shipping notice on Tuesday. Go figure, but it was all good in the end.

And on my pre-orders, both Blade Runner and Pan's Labyrinth arrived early. We'll see what happens with Assassination of Jesse James and Michael Clayton this time around. . .
Old 02-04-08, 10:45 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Admittedly they screwed the pooch with their August/September switchover. And it messed up their releases for a good 3 plus months. But before then they were great. And the last month or month and a half, they seem to be right back on track. I got Shoot 'Em Up, The Brave One, and The Assassination of Jesse James before release date.
Old 02-04-08, 05:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I (eventually) got all my DVDs I ordered, but the whole process was so unnecessarily complex and so incompetently run, that if they want me to order from them ever again, they can kiss my White Butt.