Toshiba HD-DVD player $129.99 at Costco

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Toshiba HD-DVD player $129.99 at Costco

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-08, 12:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I personally like HD-DVD and of course Blu Ray.. So keep sharing the info.
I still have all my Laserdisks and my McIntosh Laserdisk player. I still pull out my Golden age of Looney Toons sets on Laserdisk since they have yet to be put on DVD in their complete all cartoons form. Imagine that, you can get a more complete collection of the Looney Toons cartoons on Laserdisk. The same could happen with HD. For example: The only way to watch "12 Monkeys" in 1080p is on HD-DVD. Since that is my very favorite movie ever made, I don't mind owning a seperate player just to play that movie. So HD-DVD is very much ALIVE! (at least in my house)
Old 01-16-08, 05:48 PM

Yes I just bought the A35 at Best Buy for $263.99 with the last 12% coupon they had. Recently bought Denon's 3808 receiver and I didn't think True HD was going to be a big difference,boy was I wrong!
Old 01-16-08, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Costco refunded me $50 dollars more for the player without any problems.
Old 01-16-08, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

keep the threadcraps out of here. if you don't like hd-dvd, keep it to yourself. next person who thinks they're funny gets a week vacation.
Old 01-17-08, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by mick0016
I bought the HD-A3 when it was $179 with the 10 HD-DVD's (5 Rebate & 2 in the box) after X-mas.

I've been able price match it down to to $132 with Amazon. For that price, the free HD-DVD movies, and the up-conversion ability of this player, its still a good deal regardless of when the HD-DVD format is officially dead.
Old 01-17-08, 10:17 AM

Sorry for the mistake on the previous post. i forgot to include my question. Is the A3 upconvert feature really enhances standard DVDs like the literature states. What is your experience in playing standard DVD on a upconvert A3 HD player? Thanks.
Old 01-17-08, 01:17 PM

HD Talk is your friend....

Originally Posted by zdzjxh
Sorry for the mistake on the previous post. i forgot to include my question. Is the A3 upconvert feature really enhances standard DVDs like the literature states. What is your experience in playing standard DVD on a upconvert A3 HD player? Thanks.
Try this. HD Talk link: linkage