the departed
full metal jacket
the shining
the goodfellas
Old 01-02-08, 11:52 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Got the 4 Potter's plus added OotP for $55.00 ... Plus still getting my 10% which made all of these $11.00 each.
Damn, you're still getting the 10%? That sucks, it's hard to complain after all the discounts I've had, but I wonder what is triggering the cancellations for some and not others.
Old 01-02-08, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by LASERMOVIES
If you add it to your cart along with one of the other titles on the list it still appears to still give you the B1G1 deal. However it says there are only a couple left in stock so it may not work for very long.
Thanks! I didn't have enough money yesterday so I had to wait until today to make a purchase. Got in an order with it saying there were only 2 left. Bought Full metal Jacket with it.
Old 01-02-08, 02:29 PM

No 10% off for me either anymore. Though I hit that limit a long time back initially, in like October, it still came and went (often at 5% off) during all the Holiday sales.

I just still can't believe that all of us are stocking up on hd media at $8 delivered to my door. It is cheaper than 1 movie ticket. I keep buying and buying.
Anyone who says the format war hasn't made software and hardware dirt cheap incredibly fast isn't paying attention. Or some are so invested with supporting their side, only to act as though others make the war devisive, like Bill Hunt, that you don't get that we are getting a great deal. This week he criticized those that love the format war (and that would include me) as and I quote:
"What's ironic is that the very people who say this to us often aren't actually choosing between these two formats themselves! Most of them have purchased players and discs in both formats, treating the format war like a bounty of high-def riches."
He then goes on to blame those that are format neutral, or buying lots of discs, as prolonging the war and hurting the overall common cause. So for Bill Hunt you can't have any good reason to buy a very cheap HD-DVD player, and you can't be format neutral and supporting both like crazy either.
Count me in as a whole new term "a purple hd eater" I eat blue and red both at rapid rates, buying up lots of discs and I love it. Let the rest of you argue over this. I am gonna watch and own tons of movies for cheap.
If Blu-ray wins out in 6 months do you think we will see sale after sale after sale on brand new titles B1G1? I sure don't.
Old 01-02-08, 02:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by BravesMG
Damn, you're still getting the 10%? That sucks, it's hard to complain after all the discounts I've had, but I wonder what is triggering the cancellations for some and not others.
Yeah, I don't know why I am still getting it as I have had it for a while now (I would say well over a year) but Im not complaining. I have Amazon Prime, so I dont know if thats a reason or not. Plus I had a few problems with it during some of the recent sales (the Ratatouille/Cars one for example), but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Old 01-02-08, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by FantasticVSDoom
Yeah, I don't know why I am still getting it as I have had it for a while now (I would say well over a year) but Im not complaining. I have Amazon Prime, so I dont know if thats a reason or not. Plus I had a few problems with it during some of the recent sales (the Ratatouille/Cars one for example), but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
I've got Prime too, I'm only really bummed because it's got Mr. and Mrs. Smith & Cast Away. I want those two more than most of the BOGOs I've already purchased. Ah well, I've made out more than well enough from Amazon.
Old 01-02-08, 03:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Could not agree more! I am format neutral and buying up titles on both formats. There is NO way no how we would be getting these things this cheap if there was a "winner"! For now the "winner" is the consumer.

Bill Hunt is a tool! Is it just me or do the Blu-ray fan bois seem to be the most fervent in their hysterical support of all things blu? Just an observation. I just don't get the attachment to either "format". It's technology for goodness sakes.

Either way it would suit me just fine if this "war" drug on indefinitely. Viva La consumer for a change!

Originally Posted by johnglad
No 10% off for me either anymore. Though I hit that limit a long time back initially, in like October, it still came and went (often at 5% off) during all the Holiday sales.

I just still can't believe that all of us are stocking up on hd media at $8 delivered to my door. It is cheaper than 1 movie ticket. I keep buying and buying.
Anyone who says the format war hasn't made software and hardware dirt cheap incredibly fast isn't paying attention. Or some are so invested with supporting their side, only to act as though others make the war devisive, like Bill Hunt, that you don't get that we are getting a great deal. This week he criticized those that love the format war (and that would include me) as and I quote:
"What's ironic is that the very people who say this to us often aren't actually choosing between these two formats themselves! Most of them have purchased players and discs in both formats, treating the format war like a bounty of high-def riches."
He then goes on to blame those that are format neutral, or buying lots of discs, as prolonging the war and hurting the overall common cause. So for Bill Hunt you can't have any good reason to buy a very cheap HD-DVD player, and you can't be format neutral and supporting both like crazy either.
Count me in as a whole new term "a purple hd eater" I eat blue and red both at rapid rates, buying up lots of discs and I love it. Let the rest of you argue over this. I am gonna watch and own tons of movies for cheap.
If Blu-ray wins out in 6 months do you think we will see sale after sale after sale on brand new titles B1G1? I sure don't.
Old 01-02-08, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

how are y'all getting $5 off with a VISA card? i can't get it to work? or is that another running joke on this thread?
Old 01-02-08, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
how are y'all getting $5 off with a VISA card? i can't get it to work? or is that another running joke on this thread?
From what I understand, and how I've been using it, you need the Amazon Visa card and when you go to checkout, you put "DVDSAVE5" in the coupon box if your order totals over $50.
Old 01-02-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Make sure you enter DVDSAVE5 on the LAST PAGE of the checkout.
Old 01-02-08, 04:40 PM
Suspended

picked up The Shining and The Getaway

went to borders.com to use it since i still had a gift card.

amazing deals.
Old 01-02-08, 04:45 PM

Here's my Harry Potter Volume 1-4...awesome price for 4 movies.

Item(s) Subtotal: $79.80
Shipping & Handling: $5.95
Promotional Certificate: -$7.98
Super Saver Discount: -$5.95
Promotional Certificate: -$5.00
Promotion Applied: -$39.90
-----
Total Before Tax: $26.92
Estimated Tax: $0.00
-----
Grand Total: $26.92

Originally Posted by DVD Mike2
Just ordered HP 1-4 for $34.90

Put DVDSAVE5 for $5 off $50 with your Visa card.
Old 01-02-08, 05:02 PM

I don't have the Amazon Visa, nor do I want one, but all my purchases lately make it difficult for me to continue saying 'no'!

On the plus side, I ordered 14 movies for ~$120. I dug through my old collection of regular DVDs, which I keep sealed until I'm ready to watch them, and found 4 Standard Def disks that I was able to return to the store for credit of $76. (Having just bought the Blu-ray equivalent). Now THAT'S a good deal
Old 01-02-08, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by johnglad
I didn't remember seeing anything about a limit when they offered it. How do you even know how much you have used (without hunting through all the past orders)?
Old 01-02-08, 05:04 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

oh ok it's the AMAZON VISA card...alright well ordered:

Transporter 1 and 2

but VERY tempted to place another order for:

Terminator
Deliverance
28 Days Later
28 Weeks Later
Old 01-02-08, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 87 Likes on 64 Posts
Damn! I missed out on Edward Penishands...not up there anymore
Old 01-02-08, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Ordered:
Harry Potter: And The Sorcerer's Stoned
Last Samurai

Pre-Ordered:
Zodiac 2-Disc (HD)
Old 01-02-08, 11:17 PM

They're willingness to allow DVDSAVE5 with B1G1 sales has led to a lot of orders from me.
Old 01-03-08, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by MetalGator311
They're willingness to allow DVDSAVE5 with B1G1 sales has led to a lot of orders from me.
Their willingness to allow 10% HD discount has done the same for me. Those lucky with BOTH! Wow, it's gotta be nice
Old 01-03-08, 12:11 AM
Banned

Wow, I kept trying to find movie combos that would let me use the $5 off Amazon Visa coupon, but turns out the $50 total BEFORE the get-one-free markdown counts!
Old 01-03-08, 01:57 AM

Originally Posted by Legolas
Wow, I kept trying to find movie combos that would let me use the $5 off Amazon Visa coupon, but turns out the $50 total BEFORE the get-one-free markdown counts!
True. With this, the convention wisdom of buying two identically priced titles per order falls flat.

Instead, order a $27.95 and a $23.95 title in a single order to maximize your savings. (Instead of 2x $23.95 titles...)
Old 01-03-08, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by hellmutt
True. With this, the convention wisdom of buying two identically priced titles per order falls flat.

Instead, order a $27.95 and a $23.95 title in a single order to maximize your savings. (Instead of 2x $23.95 titles...)
Or just two 27.95 titles... Would be the same price.
Old 01-03-08, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by Pookymeister
Or just two 27.95 titles... Would be the same price.
True -- it depends on the price of the items you wish to order. But for example if you want two $27.95 titles and two $23.95 titles, you'd be best off making two orders, each with one $27 and $23.
Old 01-03-08, 06:44 AM

Originally Posted by dsa_shea
Ordered:
Harry Potter: And The Sorcerer's Stoned
Last Samurai

Pre-Ordered:
Zodiac 2-Disc (HD)
Isn't that supposed to be Harry Pothead: And The Sorcerer's Stoned?
Old 01-03-08, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Can't bring myself to order without my 10%. Thats like 20 extra percent on the bogo's grrr.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.