DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

FYE Rebates Are Dead?

Old 12-24-07, 08:52 AM

FYE Rebates Are Dead?

They're dead on FYE.com anyway. No rebates online for this week's batch of movies (Eastern Promises, The Kingdom, The Heartbreak Kid, etc). Can anyone confirm that there are no in-store rebates for these films? I assume so since they are not listed on fyerebates.com...

Too bad. I got all my new release Blu-rays & HD DVDs at FYE.com for under $20 after rebates. Oh well, good while it lasted.
Old 12-24-07, 02:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They have a rebate for Rush Hour 3, so I doubt the rebates are dead.
Old 12-24-07, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

rebates are not dead, rush hour 3 and the kingdom have rebates this week in store
Old 12-24-07, 04:33 PM

As far as I'm concerned, FYE rebates were never alive. I submitted one and I never received the rebate after submitting it promptly and with proof of delivery. Calls to their 'rebate center' resulted in idiotic generic responses which denied responsibility at all ends. And calls to their corporate office numbers (which no one ever answers) proved that the company must be run by a bunch of baboons - they must be non-existant as well since they never answer or respond. It's great some people actually get their rebate refunds from them, but as far as I'm concerned, FYE is a complete fraud. I will never shop there.
Old 12-24-07, 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by man*machine
As far as I'm concerned, FYE rebates were never alive. I submitted one and I never received the rebate after submitting it promptly and with proof of delivery. Calls to their 'rebate center' resulted in idiotic generic responses which denied responsibility at all ends. And calls to their corporate office numbers (which no one ever answers) proved that the company must be run by a bunch of baboons - they must be non-existant as well since they never answer or respond. It's great some people actually get their rebate refunds from them, but as far as I'm concerned, FYE is a complete fraud. I will never shop there.
They tend a be a shady company, especially with their bait and switch techniques, but, if you can cash in with their rebate deals, which do come, you can get some unbeatable deals. I just received Season 1-10 of the Simpsons which resulted in them paying me after their BOGO promotion and rebates.
Old 12-24-07, 08:03 PM

I think I bought Firefly with a rebate and got it with no problem.
Old 12-24-07, 08:13 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I did notice they no longer offer the option of upgrading to $10 gift codes on the $7 rebates... I was planning to get Order of the Phoenix while the rebate period was still active, but now I have to wait for checks from my last two rebates to arrive in the mail.

Last edited by joe_b; 12-24-07 at 08:26 PM.
Old 12-24-07, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by Ajn3166
They tend a be a shady company, especially with their bait and switch techniques, but, if you can cash in with their rebate deals, which do come....
Well, they didn't come for me, and everything was done properly by me and accounted for. Their rebate center (who claims they are a completely independent company from FYE and claims they are basically not responsible) basically said 'f*** you, too bad - go contact FYE" in so many words. And corporate FYE, of course, doesn't answer their phones or respond to any inquiries. Why they have a phone system at all is beyond me. That's pretty much fraud in my eyes. If you were lucky and got your rebates, good for you. I'm not saying they commit fraud 100% of the time, but they committed fraud 100% of the time for me. That's enough. I will not give them another chance.
Old 12-25-07, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I have not received a rejection posted since very early this year. I've received 12-15 straight checks since then (received 2 yesterday), plus a few virtual gift cards. I think they have gotten much better lately...
Now that you can combine coupons, backstage discount, and rebates all together on top of their sale price, they have some VERY good deals...
Old 12-29-07, 11:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They finally added a new online rebate-$7 check or $10 gift card for Resident Evil Extinction Blu-Ray. The link to the rebate isn't working right now, but hopefully this is a sign that they will get their online rebate program rolling again.
Old 12-31-07, 02:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They finally added a new online rebate-$7 check or $10 gift card for Resident Evil Extinction Blu-Ray. The link to the rebate isn't working right now, but hopefully this is a sign that they will get their online rebate program rolling again.
FYE is one screwed up site. The link for the rebate for this title would never come up and now they pulled it off the site completely.
Old 12-31-07, 02:47 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm still showing a $7.00 link for the rebate for the Blu Ray version after clicking on the title but still nothing is loading

http://www.fye.com/Resident-Evil--Ex...VVviewprod.htm
Old 12-31-07, 02:50 PM

There are a bunch of FYE's and Saturday Matinees closing in New Jersey this month. I would not be surprised if this will be a trend company wide.

First Tower. Then Hollywood Video. Now this. The days of B&M video stores are nearing an end.
Old 12-31-07, 03:09 PM

Not to get too far off topic, but does anyone know if FYE still periodically runs that deal where you can trade in two DVDs and get a $14.99 DVD for free? I don't shop at the store regularly, so I wouldn't know.
Old 12-31-07, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by dcprules
I'm still showing a $7.00 link for the rebate for the Blu Ray version after clicking on the title but still nothing is loading

http://www.fye.com/Resident-Evil--Ex...VVviewprod.htm
I was just able to print out a copy of the rebate. Thanks.
Old 01-01-08, 08:36 AM

No rebates on Shoot em up, 3:10 to Yuma, Sunshine, The Kingdom, or The Heartbreak Kid. Suck.
Old 01-01-08, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by kintnerboy
There are a bunch of FYE's and Saturday Matinees closing in New Jersey this month. I would not be surprised if this will be a trend company wide.

First Tower. Then Hollywood Video. Now this. The days of B&M video stores are nearing an end.
The two stores in the Denver area are closing, also.
Old 01-10-08, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Copper Blue
No rebates on Shoot em up, 3:10 to Yuma, Sunshine, The Kingdom, or The Heartbreak Kid. Suck.
They just added rebates for fye.com orders on 3:10 to Yuma and Sunshine. They also have an fye.com rebate for The Invasion. Hopefully they will crank up the rebate program for the new year.
Old 01-10-08, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
They just added rebates for fye.com orders on 3:10 to Yuma and Sunshine. They also have an fye.com rebate for The Invasion. Hopefully they will crank up the rebate program for the new year.
That is good news. Unfortunately all coupon codes expired 12/31. The rebate + the coupon code made for a great deal. Hopefully some coupon codes come back soon too.