Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Target or Circuit City Price Matching??

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-07, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Target or Circuit City Price Matching??

Anyone know if Target or Circuit City price match?
Old 12-16-07, 01:26 PM

Circuit City = Yes, price matches

Target = No.
Old 12-16-07, 01:26 PM

CC does, but Target does not.
Old 12-16-07, 01:54 PM

I didn't know that! I thought Target matched prics but I never actually tried to see. Learned something new today. Is it possible NOT to learn anything new? Only if you don't do anything but sleep.
Old 12-16-07, 02:02 PM

Great deal. Thanks for posting this.
Old 12-16-07, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Target only pricematches their own ad.

For Example, the new ad I just posted has Heroes : Season 1 for $19.

If you were to buy it before it went on sale at that price, you could go back and get a price adjustment.

Target will not match other competitors as others have stated.
Old 12-16-07, 03:39 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by moviewizguy
I thought Target matched prics
I don't dare comment.
Old 12-16-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by rwp2084
I don't dare comment.
Oh, you are my hero for that one. Perfect response.
Old 12-16-07, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by rwp2084
I don't dare comment.
Took me awhile to get that one...very funny.
Old 12-16-07, 09:36 PM

What about Best buy?
Old 12-17-07, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Moleman1138
What about Best buy?
yes, mostly with add or printout
Old 12-17-07, 11:15 PM

Google says Target's price adjustment period is 2 weeks.
Old 12-17-07, 11:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Moleman1138
What about Best buy?
I've gotten Best Buy to pricematch just about anything including their own website and other stores even if no ad is available. They'll do this up to a month after you purchase.
Old 12-18-07, 01:40 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Though I didn't have a CC ad handy to PM at Beast Buy, they PMed it for me, though I've seen posts that YMMV.

With foreknowledge of sales, one could purchase at full price and then go back to PM because BB and CC offer 110% of the differences. Beast Buy sells Heroes for $49. If you buy it now, you'll be able to get $33 (plus the tax) back when you hit them with the Target ad. End price: $16 plus tax. Much win in that calculus.

Granted, you need to take the cost of getting to the stores once or twice into account. No point in burning half a tank of gas and burning up the savings. I've got a BB, CC and Target within sight of my office, so it's only a 1/4 mile to hit any of them repeatedly.
Old 12-18-07, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by tasha99
I've gotten Best Buy to pricematch just about anything including their own website and other stores even if no ad is available. They'll do this up to a month after you purchase.

Yes, Best Buy does price match, but I believe the competitor has to be local. And the definition of "local" is determined by that particular Best Buy store. They will usually verify that the product is in stock at the competition.

Example... Approximately 3 weeks ago, I was trying to get a price match on Everybody Loves Raymond (season 4, 5, 6, 7). These DVD sets retail at $44.98 each. Best Buys has it currently at $37.99. I already had seasons 1, 2, 3. I would prefer to get the price match done at Walmart seeing as how they have a 90 day return policy, but for some odd reason Walmart seems to be lacking in TV series stock.

Fry's electronic had season 1 to 7 at $16.99 each. I didn't want to drive all the way down south to Fry's so I hoped Best Buy would price match. Unfortunately, that wasn't the case because Fry's was not a "local competitor." The distance between the two stores were approximately 35 minutes away.

It was the last day of the sale, so I decided to make my way down to Fry's regardless. Along the way, I dropped by another Best Buy, approximately 12 minutes from Fry's and they were able to price match. Best Buy only had two of the four Raymond available. I ultimately had to drop by Fry's and secure the other Raymonds.
Old 12-18-07, 11:49 AM

It all depends on how much your cashier gives a shit.

I have price matched some special editions at prices of 5.99 when the dvds look similiar (good fellas, dr. strangelove, pan's labyrinth, true romance, and seasons of curb your enthusiasm opposite than the ones pictured)

sometimes they will call to make sure it is in-stock

they are usually very helpful.
Old 12-18-07, 01:28 PM

Lazy Employees

2 weeks ago I price matched the 2nd season of How I Met Your Mother at Circuit City using a Target circular. The cashier barely looked at the flyer. She actually asked me which season the price matched ad was for.

If I were sneaky or dishonest, I could take advantage of that and get killer deals on newer seasons of different shows.

This is in NYC where most Circuit City & Best Buy employees are lazy and don't give a crap about anything.
Old 12-20-07, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by BlockbusterDude
2 weeks ago I price matched the 2nd season of How I Met Your Mother at Circuit City using a Target circular. The cashier barely looked at the flyer. She actually asked me which season the price matched ad was for.

If I were sneaky or dishonest, I could take advantage of that and get killer deals on newer seasons of different shows.

This is in NYC where most Circuit City & Best Buy employees are lazy and don't give a crap about anything.
definately YMMV on the CC employees. I've had some who bearly looked at the ad and others who double checked BB prices online then called to verify store availiability
Old 12-22-07, 10:29 AM

CC had a TV for 3000
Amazon had it for 2400

My friend asked CC if they would match it, they told him to come back tomorrow after they discussed it with the powers that be. When it came in the next day... They matched him plus took off a couple hundred bucks.

I wish I knew the model number... I think it just comes down to who you talk to and what mood there in. The manager did this price adjustment.
Old 12-22-07, 12:11 PM
Suspended

wow, CC policy is usually to only price match an actual physical store, not amazon or any other website.

that being said, i had CC price match the Simpsons Movie- Blu-Ray, since Hastings had it for $26.99- they acted like it was a huge deal, over just $3 savings- the manager guy even said 'it's just $3 cheaper?"
in a tone, like " why would i even bother'
Old 12-22-07, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lcnickell
wow, CC policy is usually to only price match an actual physical store, not amazon or any other website.

that being said, i had CC price match the Simpsons Movie- Blu-Ray, since Hastings had it for $26.99- they acted like it was a huge deal, over just $3 savings- the manager guy even said 'it's just $3 cheaper?"
in a tone, like " why would i even bother'
I always find that funny.
If it's just three dollars, and you're going to act like that's no big deal--then maybe you should agree it's no big deal and just take the darn three dollars off. Sheesh.
Old 12-22-07, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sillymonkey
definately YMMV on the CC employees. I've had some who bearly looked at the ad and others who double checked BB prices online then called to verify store availiability
I had on CC manager (at Almeda store Houston) that would not give me the 10% off but would reluctantly PM. He said it had to be a prior purchase, so I offered to buy the item at full pice then PM, but he said no go. The "hotline" that used to be so helpful when managers gave you the runaround just gave me the runaround. I have had better luck at other stores though and for the most part would shop at CC over BB ANY DAY.
Old 12-22-07, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cadrian
CC had a TV for 3000
Amazon had it for 2400

My friend asked CC if they would match it, they told him to come back tomorrow after they discussed it with the powers that be. When it came in the next day... They matched him plus took off a couple hundred bucks.

I wish I knew the model number... I think it just comes down to who you talk to and what mood there in. The manager did this price adjustment.
that was lucky. technically, none of the stores will PM amazon, only B&M stores in the local area