Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 12/16/07 to 12/23/07

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-07, 06:29 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
All store exclusives and freebies - 12/16/07 to 12/22/07

These weekly threads are for the posting and discussion of that particular week's store exclusives and freebies.

These lists will likely be incomplete until Thursday or so, since DVDs are released on Tuesday and one of us needs to visit all the stores to confirm things.

Links to the master list and to the previous and next week's thread are below.

Volunteers needed: I regularly go to Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, and Walmart; but don't visit the other stores every week. If you work at or regularly go to the FYE/TWEC chains, Costco, Borders, K-mart/Sears, Barnes and Noble, Blockbuster, Hot Topic, or any other store that has DVD exclusives; I'd appreciate any updates you could give us.

All Stores - Thread for all movie cash and free ticket deals
KISS Kissology: Volume III - bonus DVD w/ 60 minutes of video (different from BB and WM bonus discs)

Best Buy -
KISS Kissology: Volume III - bonus DVD w/ 60 minutes of video
Halloween: Unrated 2 DVD Special Edition - 3D packaging
The Simpsons Movie - non-exclusive figures for discount $4.99 with purchase of DVD
Hatchet - in exclusive packaging with keychain

Target -
Bring It On: In It To Win It - cell phone mirror, and link to downloadable content

Circuit City -
The Simpsons Movie - poster size map of Springfield
Halloween (2007) 2 disc - bonus DVD w/ 20 minute interview panel
Hatchet exclusive 2-disc - bonus DVD w/ theatrical cut

Wal Mart / Sam's Club -
The Simpsons Movie - packaged with a set of small figures; or the t-shirt similar to the season sets recently
Halloween 2 DVD Unrated Edition packaged with Pulse Unrated for $19.96 (ymmv on $ as usual)
Bring It On: In It To Win - packaged w/ mini soundtrack sampler CD
Balls of Fury - packaged with miniature ping pong set
KISS Kissology: Volume III - bonus DVD w/ 60 minutes of video (different from BB bonus disc and "other store" bonus disc

K-Mart/Sears -
The Simpsons Movie - talking pen
I searched and found nothing else, or the above pen either actually

FYE/Sam Goody/other TWEC -
Halloween (2007) - packaged with unrelated movie Partyline
The Simpsons - poster

Barnes and Noble - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Borders -
Stardust - 24 page booklet

Costco - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Blockbuster - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hot Topic - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Toys-R-Us - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

The Disney Store - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Meijers -
The Simpsons Movie - free donuts, mmmm
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Ralph's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Hastings - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Acme / Albertson's - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Giant Food / Giant Eagle - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Fred Meyer -
The Simpsons Movie - free donuts, mmmm
I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?

Last edited by Trevor; 02-04-08 at 03:21 PM.
Old 12-16-07, 09:21 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CC has bonus dvd w/ 45 mins bts for Halloween and 2 disc Hatchet w/ Rated and Unrated cuts. Hmmm may have to get those ...
Old 12-16-07, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 445 Likes on 312 Posts
I think BB will have Simpsons figurines for cheap with the purchase of the movie.

Does anyone know if there are any stores with any kind of bonus disc for the Simpsons movie?
Old 12-16-07, 02:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No bonus discs for Simpsons that I've seen. This is all the bonuses I know of so far. A couple places have a deal where you can save on the seasons with the movie purchase also.

Circuit City - poster size map of Springfield
K-Mart - talking Simpsons pen
Wal-Mart - small figurines (possible a t-shirt as well, the one that was attached to the seasons back when the movie was in theaters)
Best Buy - 5 figures cheap with purchase of movie. These are NOT exclusive figures however.
Old 12-16-07, 02:13 PM

Fred Meyer:

The Simpsons Movie - FREE 6-8 Fred Meyer Donuts With Purchase of this DVD and In-Store Coupon While supplies last. See store for details.
Old 12-16-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

WalMart also has a bonus DVD with Kissology V3 (different from the Best Buy one).
Old 12-16-07, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
WalMart also has a bonus DVD with Kissology V3 (different from the Best Buy one).
And a third bonus disc as usual, at all stores besides WM and BB.
Old 12-16-07, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I think Bestbuy will have Hatchet (with free Hatchet keychain)
Old 12-17-07, 08:27 PM

From Meijer's ad:
Buy The Simpsons Movie
Get Half Dozen Meijer Bulk Bakery Donuts FREE
While at least 179 last per store.
No rainchecks or substitutions.
Old 12-18-07, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

The closest Circuit City near here is 2 and a half hours away,can someone that has one close by buy the Halloween w/Bonus Disc there and sell it to me? I'll send money for the disc,the shipping and a $5 finders fee. PM me if anybody can and I'd be doing it through Paypal.
Old 12-18-07, 05:16 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Walmart has Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 DVD Unrated Edition packaged with Pulse Unrated for $19.96. Both are widescreen editions.
Old 12-18-07, 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by xage
I think Bestbuy will have Hatchet (with free Hatchet keychain)

I thought my anchorbay/starz contact was joking.. he aint... trevor add this on bestbuy

thanks
Old 12-18-07, 09:04 PM

Rounds made, updates being made as we "speak".
Old 12-19-07, 03:13 AM

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Can I get a confirmation?

Picked up "Halloween: Unrated" from Circuit City with bonus disc. The exclusive DVD is only twenty minutes or so long; Zombie and two cast members in a panel discussion at this year's ComicCon. Did other folks get a better disc? It's not 45 minutes of content.
Old 12-19-07, 07:51 AM

Stardust DVD at Borders:

The regular edition is $29.99, currently with a "sale" sticker for $19.99.
The "BORDERS Exclusive Edition" with a "sketchbook" by Charles Vess is $32.99, currently with a "sale" sticker for $22.99.

The sketchbook is about the same height/width as the DVD case, and has (IIRC) 24 pages.

I didn't have the $5 coupon from this thread with me when I stopped by, so I'm not sure if BORDERS would take it. (They're kind of funny about mixing sales with coupons.)
Old 12-20-07, 02:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
Stardust DVD at Borders:

The regular edition is $29.99, currently with a "sale" sticker for $19.99.
The "BORDERS Exclusive Edition" with a "sketchbook" by Charles Vess is $32.99, currently with a "sale" sticker for $22.99.

The sketchbook is about the same height/width as the DVD case, and has (IIRC) 24 pages.

I didn't have the $5 coupon from this thread with me when I stopped by, so I'm not sure if BORDERS would take it. (They're kind of funny about mixing sales with coupons.)
any kind of different packaging on this borders exclusive? or is it the same as the regular release?
Old 12-20-07, 06:50 AM
Banned

Trevor, two changes:

1) Despite how it was advertised, Circuit City's bonus DVD for Halloween is only 20 minutes long, rather than 45. There's ample discussion of this in the main forum, if you seek confirmation.

2) The Halloween exclusive bonus DVD at f.y.e. is of another, completely unrelated to the Halloween franchise, movie (straight-to-video?) called Partyline.
Old 12-20-07, 09:12 AM

Yep, forgot to update those Tuesday night, thanks for the reminder!

Anyone verify the three different Kissology bonuses? I only saw it at BB.
Old 12-20-07, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by hindolio
any kind of different packaging on this borders exclusive? or is it the same as the regular release?
IIRC, it had a "BORDERS Exclusive" round sticker on the front, another sticker saying it was an exclusive sketchbook, and the sketchbook itself on the back of the DVD case, under the shrinkwrap. Same packaging otherwise.
Old 12-20-07, 11:47 PM

Though not this week's release, I noticed my local Wal-Mart streeted Rush Hour 3 early. The 1-disc versions are packaged, side by side, with a "Rush Hour 1-2-3" book.
Old 12-21-07, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by WhovianZorker
IIRC, it had a "BORDERS Exclusive" round sticker on the front, another sticker saying it was an exclusive sketchbook, and the sketchbook itself on the back of the DVD case, under the shrinkwrap. Same packaging otherwise.
thank you for your time and the excellent description. youve answered every aspect of packaging like a true dvd enthusiast
Old 12-23-07, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Canadian Exclusives - I have not been in the store to verify all new exclusives; has anyone else been there?
You're keeping track for Canadian exclusive now? FutureShop has Springfield City Map for Simpson, most likely the same one at Circuit City..
Later
Old 12-23-07, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
You're keeping track for Canadian exclusive now? FutureShop has Springfield City Map for Simpson, most likely the same one at Circuit City..
Later
Yep. People have occasionaly been mentioning them, so I figured I'd list them when they're different.

What is FutureShop? Is it what CC is called up north?
Old 12-23-07, 08:48 PM

Hey Trevor.. I guess you're not keeping up with the steelbook thing? It's a big box electronic chain store which is owned by Bestbuy.. They've been getting many of the R1 steelbook exclusives..

They sometimes share the same exclusives that are carried by other US retailers.. Most recently they have the Harry Potter OotP special cover and extra bonus disc which Target has..

HMV has also been known to get some Target exclusives.. They have the transformable Optimus Prime case, but no comic book.. They has had their own Spiderman 3 w/ bonus disc which I was told was the same at WalMart but in a diffrent box packaging.. I can't remember for sure, but I think they once carried the Devil Wears Prada and Divinci Code exclusives that Target had as well.. Also, the got the Target Dream Girl bonus DVD that actually was stamped a Target exclusive..
Later
Old 02-02-08, 04:36 PM

A little late to the party, but...

Originally Posted by Trevor
Anyone verify the three different Kissology bonuses? I only saw it at BB.
Yes, all 3 exist. I have each of them -- Best Buy, Wal-Mart and "other."

Though I forget which came with which, I can confirm that of the latter two, one is Madison Square Garden 1996 and the other is Irvine, Ca 1996.

These bonus disc versions still seem to be sitting around at retail, if anyone is interested.

Also, Transworld stores had an exclusive poster for The Simpsons Movie. I passed on it (as I do for nearly all their poster offers, since every copy is always bent or mangled in some way), but I figured people would want to know that it exists.

Last edited by Ajay C; 02-02-08 at 05:08 PM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.