Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best Buy: 60% Off HBO Original Series DVDs (Online Only & Cheaper than BF)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy: 60% Off HBO Original Series DVDs (Online Only & Cheaper than BF)

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-07, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sparrow
I sell them via their Marketplace. I've sold off over 400 DVDs over the last few months to minimize the guilt of these spending sprees .
Wow...didn't realize you could get Amazon credit for that...think I'll have to do the same
Old 11-27-07, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
In for Band of Brothers at $29.98. Was tempted to wait and if see if Amazon price matched, but didn't want to risk Best Buy being sold out if they didn't.
Old 11-27-07, 10:43 PM

Location: on my couch watching dvds of course .. where else ???
I wrote to Amazon for Sex and The City Complete series price match ....

anyone else who wants it too please help and write to Amazon ....

thanks
Old 11-27-07, 10:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doh, i really screwed up. Haven't ordered from BestBuy.com in years, so i placed an order last night and i forgot to change my shipping address to my current address. I noticed right as i placed my order, so i looked up how to change it and it said that i had to notify them within 1 hour of placing the order if i wanted to change the address. So, I call them up and end up waiting over an hour on hold before i talk to them.

Mind you, that this was midnight. They inform me that they cannot change my address as the order is already being processed for delivery. So basically, they are going to attempt to deliver the package to my old address and they say that once it gets rejected at my old place that they will resend it back to my new address.

Unfortunately, I always think the worst when it comes to situations like this. Do i think that the people living in my old place will reject a random package that shows up? And what if UPS or whatever leaves the package at the door? This just has bad news all around it and i think in the end that i'll have to argue that i didn't receive my package.

Ugh, mental note... Never order movies online at midnight from stores you usually don't use.
Old 11-27-07, 11:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 357 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Kocheese99
Doh, i really screwed up. Haven't ordered from BestBuy.com in years, so i placed an order last night and i forgot to change my shipping address to my current address. I noticed right as i placed my order, so i looked up how to change it and it said that i had to notify them within 1 hour of placing the order if i wanted to change the address. So, I call them up and end up waiting over an hour on hold before i talk to them.

Mind you, that this was midnight. They inform me that they cannot change my address as the order is already being processed for delivery. So basically, they are going to attempt to deliver the package to my old address and they say that once it gets rejected at my old place that they will resend it back to my new address.

Unfortunately, I always think the worst when it comes to situations like this. Do i think that the people living in my old place will reject a random package that shows up? And what if UPS or whatever leaves the package at the door? This just has bad news all around it and i think in the end that i'll have to argue that i didn't receive my package.

Ugh, mental note... Never order movies online at midnight from stores you usually don't use.
I had this happen a few months ago for a memory card I bought at Amazon. Do a reverse lookup and call your old house to ask them to look out for it. The lady at my old house put it out for me so I could swing by during the day and pick it up, but they might just want to return it. Either way, at least you'll know where it is.
Old 11-27-07, 11:18 PM

YEAH!! Amazon has Carnivale Seasons 1 & 2 for 19.99 each. I had ordered both from Buy.com a couple of weeks ago, but they are still on backorder so I cancelled that order and grabbed 'em from Amazon.
Old 11-27-07, 11:21 PM

My order for 6FU Boxset has already been shipped!! Less than 10 hours from ordering. Crazy, at least to me.
Old 11-28-07, 01:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Sparrow
I sell them via their Marketplace. I've sold off over 400 DVDs over the last few months to minimize the guilt of these spending sprees .
Originally Posted by zooiiks
Wow...didn't realize you could get Amazon credit for that...think I'll have to do the same
sorry, but you actually cant get amazon credit. only cash
Old 11-28-07, 01:46 AM

looks like amazon also lowered the prices on the sopranos also... s6.2 for $39.99... still got it for a dollar cheaper even paying tax and shipping at bestbuy.com, but an excellent deal for those who prefer amazon or if the best buy deal sells out...
Old 11-28-07, 01:54 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by grem458
YEAH!! Amazon has Carnivale Seasons 1 & 2 for 19.99 each. I had ordered both from Buy.com a couple of weeks ago, but they are still on backorder so I cancelled that order and grabbed 'em from Amazon.
Same here.
Old 11-28-07, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Amazon now has Seasons 1 & 4 of Curb your Enthusiasm for 13.99 each. Wish they'd drop the prices on the other seasons. I've only seen a few episodes of this show, but liked what I saw. Are the episodes pretty consistent throughout the later seasons?
Old 11-28-07, 07:55 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah everyone episode of CYE is awesome, IMO.

Now that Amazon is dropping some prices I might have to get in on this.
Old 11-28-07, 08:04 AM

I just noticed that Extras is now 10.99 a season on Amazon. That's a better deal considering no tax.
Old 11-28-07, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Kocheese99

I had the exact same problem last week with the 50% off sale. Call UPS the morning that it arrives to your town before 7:00 AM, and they'll change the address on the package for you. They told me you can also call Best Buy and request that they contact UPS and have the package rerouted.
Old 11-28-07, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

does anyone know the HBO series coming to HDM? Well, we all know Sopranos S6 P1 and P2 are already available... Very tempted, but really don't wanna media double dip...
Old 11-28-07, 08:48 AM

Thankfully, there seems to be little love for Rome and the season sets are still in-stock. I picked up The Complete Second Season for $35.58. Thanks for the heads-up.
Old 11-28-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Hell yeah! I got my in store purchases price adjusted, got $19.95 back, which included the sales tax. Now to channel it towards something cool.
Old 11-28-07, 01:06 PM
Suspended

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ocelot
does anyone know the HBO series coming to HDM? Well, we all know Sopranos S6 P1 and P2 are already available... Very tempted, but really don't wanna media double dip...
That's why I haven't bit on any of these deals...I'd just assume pay 2, 3, or 4x as much one time than get the regular DVD and HD a year or two later.
Old 11-28-07, 01:34 PM

called 1888bestbuy and was told i could not get a price match for the SFU set....haven't opened it yet so i guess i'll take the extra step of returning it to the store and reordering online...hoping Amazon drops it's price
Old 11-28-07, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,028 Likes on 727 Posts
Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
called 1888bestbuy and was told i could not get a price match for the SFU set....haven't opened it yet so i guess i'll take the extra step of returning it to the store and reordering online...hoping Amazon drops it's price
I'm puzzled... So BB is saying that the only time they'll give you price protection, is if you buy an item at full price? That doesn't make any sense at all.

I hope for your sake that Amazon does put this set on so you can give BB the big FU. Their policies aren't worth the paper they're written on.
Old 11-28-07, 02:05 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
Why not call back and talk to a different CSR? Sounds like yours was just lazy or ignorant.
Old 11-28-07, 02:11 PM

$17.99 is probably the lowest Da Ali G Show: Da Compleet Seereez has ever been, right?
Old 11-28-07, 02:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Originally Posted by Imail724
$17.99 is probably the lowest Da Ali G Show: Da Compleet Seereez has ever been, right?
I believe so, yeah. Considering I paid around $20 a season that's a good deal >_>
Old 11-28-07, 03:20 PM

Sex and the City Complete Series is back in stock. Seems like items keep going in and out of stock, so patience is key if the item you want is out of stock currently.
Old 11-28-07, 04:08 PM

I'm so tempted by everything. I've seen all the CYE episodes on HBO, but I'd like to have them on hand. I've always wanted to watch Oz and Deadwood. The SATC set is such a good deal that I feel compelled to get that too.

So far I've only purchased the first four seasons of The Wire in preparation for the new season starting in January.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.