The following two-disc SE are currently $7.99 at Costco:

Blood Diamond
The Departed
Superman Returns
Pan's Labyrinth
Old 11-18-07, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm, anyone have any insight into why these particular discs are suffering this heavy price chop?
EVERYONE seems to be putting them on sale for about this price (e.g., same price for them at BB, except--I think--El Laberinto del Fauno...)
Old 11-18-07, 09:45 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FangsFirst
Hmm, anyone have any insight into why these particular discs are suffering this heavy price chop?
EVERYONE seems to be putting them on sale for about this price (e.g., same price for them at BB, except--I think--El Laberinto del Fauno...)

Early christmas sales.
Old 11-18-07, 11:25 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

QUOTE]anyone have any insight into why these particular discs are suffering this heavy price chop?
EVERYONE seems to be putting them on sale for about this price (e.g., same price for them at BB, except--I think--El Laberinto del Fauno...)[/QUOTE]

It is a sale from Warner. I have a wholesale account with a major dvd distributor. This was offered a few months ago for this time frame, along with all the tv titles from Warner that are springin up on sale.
Old 11-19-07, 12:53 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Hmmm going there in a day or two to get some pies... gonna check this out. Some good titles for xmas gifts. Thanks for the heads up. Hope its on sale out here.
Old 11-19-07, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by dx23
Early christmas sales.
Haha! I know THAT!
But I meant these *specifically*

It is a sale from Warner. I have a wholesale account with a major dvd distributor. This was offered a few months ago for this time frame, along with all the tv titles from Warner that are springin up on sale.
Weird...still wonder if anyone has any idea why it's these titles from Warner. Overproduction? Planned?

I guess that question's gonna be effectively rhetorical though...
Old 11-19-07, 04:27 PM

Weird...still wonder if anyone has any idea why it's these titles from Warner. Overproduction? Planned?
I would say planned since the promotion came out right after 300. I wouldnt think they would have been to worried about surplus at that time. The title of the sale was also "Black Friday".
Old 11-19-07, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by BKenn01

Hey, you got any other info on upcoming sales? Just curious, why do you have a wholesale account (reseller?) and what does it take to get one? I would be interested in getting one just to get upcoming sales info like this.
Old 11-19-07, 11:19 PM

Bah, I just bought mine from Wal-Mart for $9.xx yesterday. Not worth returning and driving out to Costco, though. It'd come out the same if I factor in the cost of gas.
Old 11-20-07, 03:28 PM
Cool New Member

Warner always does this with their two-disc sets after they've been out for a while. The same thing happened with V for ventdetta and Batman Begins along with some of their other titles. They only keep the single-disc in print for catalog sales and they will probably release new "special" editions in the next few years.
Old 11-20-07, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Picked up 300 and Blood Diamond. They beat Borders price by a dollar.
Old 11-20-07, 04:13 PM

Hey, you got any other info on upcoming sales?
Most of the big sales are during this quarter of the year.

Just curious, why do you have a wholesale account (reseller?) and what does it take to get one? I would be interested in getting one just to get upcoming sales info like this.
I signed up with the intent of reselling, but the pricing you get as a small seller does not make it feasible. You can by the same product at Costco for what is basically wholesale. The prices Costco charges pretty much mirror what the wholesaler charges.