Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

DeepDiscount.com 20% off sale - it's live! (11/09/07 - 11/25/07)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-07, 04:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hindolio
if im not mistaken, and if you are interested, i believe you are missing 3 of these media blasters triple pack sets from whats available out there right now. lmk if you are interested and ill try and find the details for ya - these sets are hidden like the gems they are
I'd love to know. I thought I had them all down but I figured there might have been a few that slipped by. I know a Bloody School Girls set comes out on Tuesday which I'll order, and I believe there's a couple more coming out over the next few months.
Old 11-16-07, 05:07 PM
Cool New Member

does anyone know if the WRESTLEMANIA 23 for $25,85 is the currently the digipak or the Limited Edition in tin box?
Old 11-16-07, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
Sorry if this has been asked before, but is there a limit to how many DVDs one can order during the sale
I doubt there is a limit. davidmackguide placed an order for 193 DVDs & a second for 182 earlier.

Originally Posted by Norm de Plume
how many different orders one can place?
Each code can be used once but there are many codes you can use. Most can be found on the first post of this thread.

Last edited by DVDho78DTS; 11-16-07 at 05:20 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Julie Walker
Has anyone received The Monster Legacy set yet? Was there any problems with loose discs? I remember there being that issue when it was first released. And so I bought it in store instead(after personally checking boxes for rattling discs). Anyway I sold the set last year to make some extra money. And since it's only $31 with discount on DD. It's a steal to pick up,and I mss the films!
Mine shipped okay but the plastic holders that you snap the discs into were a pain. They had little nubs that would scratch the discs.
Old 11-16-07, 06:00 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
if im not mistaken, and if you are interested, i believe you are missing 3 of these media blasters triple pack sets from whats available out there right now. lmk if you are interested and ill try and find the details for ya - these sets are hidden like the gems they are
I'm interested in all of them, if you have the time to list them.
Old 11-16-07, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Bill Geiger
Well, where there is a positive, there is always a negative.
Here's some positives. With all of the dvd's we must own there must be a few we don't want anymore. There are organizations that accept dvd's to send to the troops so they can have some entertainment.

For Troops
http://www.173rdairborne.com/showtime.htm
http://www.operationdvd.net/howtohelp.php
For Vets
http://www.dvds4vets.org/donate_dvd.htm
Old 11-16-07, 06:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was wondering if there were any titles removed when the sale started?

I remember in the past that some companys didnt want thier titles in the sale and they were removed.
Old 11-16-07, 06:17 PM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by 35MM
Here's some positives. With all of the dvd's we must own there must be a few we don't want anymore. There are organizations that accept dvd's to send to the troops so they can have some entertainment.

For Troops
For Vets
Thanks for this! Project Misty used to collect Mystery Science Theatre and other cult/sci-fi stuff to send, but they've been out of business for a while now. Glad to know there are other options.
Old 11-16-07, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I cancelled my Ocean's Trilogy HD DVD set since it was still backordered -- I was told it wouldn't ship until after T-giving and stuff from DD always takes an eternity to reach me. Out of all the titles I ordered, this was the one I was really looking forward to, so I instead placed an order through Amazon, for which I had a $5 credit, which brought it down below $50.
Old 11-16-07, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by RevKarl
Sorry, but that has been their policy for years:

"Expedited Delivery - $5.95

Includes the following: 2-5 business days via USPS Priority Mail, First Class mail, UPS Ground or comparable service for $5.95. Expedited service will apply only to the first shipment of in stock- items; subsequent backorder or pre-order shipments will be sent via Standard Delivery."
Nice...so their policy is to rip people off? Fantastic.

They did end up refunding me the shipping cost for both orders, though, so I can't complain much.

Originally Posted by tonyjg
OMG - get a grip on yourself - the world is ending - we're all doomed I tell you !! doomed !!

My heart bleeds for you that you PAID for express shipping - and that some 'back-ordered' titles have come via slow mail (and did you happen to pay anything more for these ??). There are OTHERS mind you that have to PAY for shipping ALL THE TIME - us international guys !! We dont get free shipping (added - that the US postal service put their prices up - which has been reflected in NEARLY ALL ONLINE STORES CHARGING MORE FOR POSTAGE - or that stores have increasing their stock prices or reduced their discount !!)

And what ??? - your order takes a few extra days to get to you ..... so what... in a years time when the DVDs are sittiing on your shelves not watched for a long while - will you actually care ????

terrible experience ??? oh the pain .... the pain.
So yeah, international shipping pretty much has nothing to do with this. The fact is, I paid for a service that I did not get. DDD did the right thing, and refunded me the money I paid for shipping. So now, I'm happy.

Originally Posted by brizz
THE HORROR!!!

if you'd bother to read you'd know that this is standard policy and has always been this way. People are so funny with this stuff...ZOMG!!!!!!1111111111!!!1 I HAVE TO WAIT TWO MORE DAYS FOR A DVD I WON"T WATCH UNTIL NEXT YEAR ANYWAY!!!!!!!!!
I like how you presume to know when I watch my DVDs. Again, regardless of whether or not it's "standard policy", it's ripping off their customers, and definitely something they should look into changing. I'm happy with the fact that they corrected the problem with my orders.
Old 11-16-07, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by abrg923
They did end up refunding me the shipping cost for both orders, though, so I can't complain much.
what - you complained ?? I wouldn't be surprised that you did !

So yeah, international shipping pretty much has nothing to do with this. The fact is, I paid for a service that I did not get. DDD did the right thing, and refunded me the money I paid for shipping. So now, I'm happy.
Please tell us HOW MUCH you paid for 'your service' - and how much that DD refunded. I'm sure that a lot of guys would like to know - more so that you're 'HAPPY".

I like how you presume to know when I watch my DVDs. Again, regardless of whether or not it's "standard policy", it's ripping off their customers, and definitely something they should look into changing. I'm happy with the fact that they corrected the problem with my orders.
RIP OFF ??? !! CORRECTED THE PROBLEM ?? !!!
Lets REMIND you YET AGAIN what their policies are :
Originally Posted by DD
Expedited Delivery - $5.95

Includes the following: 2-5 business days via USPS Priority Mail, First Class mail, UPS Ground or comparable service for $5.95. Expedited service will apply only to the first shipment of in stock- items; subsequent backorder or pre-order shipments will be sent via Standard Delivery.
HOW ABOUT CHECKING THIS NEXT TIME.

again - your 'HAPPY' that you saved your FEW $$ - probably more HAPPY that it probably cost DD to refund you. I might complain that prices go up - but - you take the cake in that you probably got all your 'expedited' items shipped to you for FREE (if you have been refunded postage charges).

Mate - do you think DD and other online business go out of their way to 'rip' people off on postage ? I recall a post on this thread where a guy got an EXTRA DR.WHO SEASON by mistake - and rang DD to get instructions to return it. How about reading this post AND SEE HOW THESE BUSINESSES PROBABLY MAKE MARGINAL PROFITS on their sales - and probably lose on shipping and postage charges - especially the FREE SHIPPING.

You originally stated that you had TERRIBLE experience from DD and stated that you probably wouldnt use them again. NOW - your HAPPY to get a FEW $$ BACK. AMAZING.

EDIT: for all the years that I've been using DDD/DD - I've found them to be one of the most RELIABLE online stores worldwide - more so when so many have come and gone - AND have used them ongingly - sale or no sale. I get very peeved off at people who WHINE AND COMPLAIN about SHIPPING and TIMES IT TAKES. These people really need a reality check

Last edited by tonyjg; 11-16-07 at 10:00 PM.
Old 11-16-07, 10:07 PM

Received 1,937 Likes on 1,143 Posts
How do I share my wishlist with friends? Is there an option to try this, like with my Amazon wishlist?
Old 11-16-07, 10:24 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
Originally Posted by ernestrp
I was wondering if there were any titles removed when the sale started?

I remember in the past that some companys didnt want thier titles in the sale and they were removed.
What titles were you looking for?
Old 11-16-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Recieved my order today. Nothing special, but happy it took about a week.
Old 11-16-07, 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by 35MM

For Troops
For Vets
That is excellent.
Old 11-16-07, 11:33 PM

Does anyone have any idea what the new Die Hard will sell for on Tuesday at DD? Thanks!
Old 11-16-07, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by dogmatica
How do I share my wishlist with friends? Is there an option to try this, like with my Amazon wishlist?
On the previous version of the site there was this option. It's however been removed.

Alternative: give them your acct id and password
Old 11-17-07, 12:08 AM

Kinda ot maybe, I got the Kubrick set, and my copy of Full Metal Jacket is defective, does Warner send out replacement discs? I don't want to return the whole thing to DD for a replacement, are there any other easy alternatives?
Old 11-17-07, 12:11 AM

remeber that time that deep discount extended the sale by a couple of days, that was sweet....
Old 11-17-07, 12:44 AM

Best of Laredo
Tall Man
Restless gun
Cimmaron City
Route 66
Old 11-17-07, 12:54 AM

So I can get Alien & Aliens, both of which I love, for a combined $15, or the 9 disc Quadrilogy for $36. So $21 extra gets me Alien 3 & 4, which I didn't particularly care for, and all the extras for the Quadrilogy. Worth it, given I'm not too hot on Alien 3 & 4? Opinions?

e
L nny
Old 11-17-07, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by dcrw6
I'd love to know. I thought I had them all down but I figured there might have been a few that slipped by. I know a Bloody School Girls set comes out on Tuesday which I'll order, and I believe there's a couple more coming out over the next few months.
Originally Posted by SkullOrchard
I'm interested in all of them, if you have the time to list them.
ill just list them here:
  1. vampire
  2. jungle horrors
  3. martial arts
  4. art of the gun
  5. evil animals
  6. post apocalyptic
  7. jungle girls
  8. psycho killer
  9. demons
  10. high school horrors
  11. bikers from hell
  12. wicked women
  13. mutant monsters
  14. cannibal lunchbox
  15. bloody school girls

add "triple feature" to each above and you have the full title of each box. search dd or dvdp for any/all of them because iirc, some of these are available at dd and others only at dvdp. go figure.

it seems these are on-going sets from media blasters, so if anyone has one that i havent listed above, please let us know
Old 11-17-07, 02:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Over a week in and this is still only on the first thread? It definitely seems like there is less interest than in previous years.
Old 11-17-07, 02:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyjg
what - you complained ?? I wouldn't be surprised that you did !

Please tell us HOW MUCH you paid for 'your service' - and how much that DD refunded. I'm sure that a lot of guys would like to know - more so that you're 'HAPPY".

RIP OFF ??? !! CORRECTED THE PROBLEM ?? !!!
Lets REMIND you YET AGAIN what their policies are : HOW ABOUT CHECKING THIS NEXT TIME.

again - your 'HAPPY' that you saved your FEW $$ - probably more HAPPY that it probably cost DD to refund you. I might complain that prices go up - but - you take the cake in that you probably got all your 'expedited' items shipped to you for FREE (if you have been refunded postage charges).

Mate - do you think DD and other online business go out of their way to 'rip' people off on postage ? I recall a post on this thread where a guy got an EXTRA DR.WHO SEASON by mistake - and rang DD to get instructions to return it. How about reading this post AND SEE HOW THESE BUSINESSES PROBABLY MAKE MARGINAL PROFITS on their sales - and probably lose on shipping and postage charges - especially the FREE SHIPPING.

You originally stated that you had TERRIBLE experience from DD and stated that you probably wouldnt use them again. NOW - your HAPPY to get a FEW $$ BACK. AMAZING.

EDIT: for all the years that I've been using DDD/DD - I've found them to be one of the most RELIABLE online stores worldwide - more so when so many have come and gone - AND have used them ongingly - sale or no sale. I get very peeved off at people who WHINE AND COMPLAIN about SHIPPING and TIMES IT TAKES. These people really need a reality check

So he bitched and got refunded for the service he received. neat. what a nice definition of "rip off" he has
Old 11-17-07, 04:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by brizz

So he bitched and got refunded for the service he received. neat. what a nice definition of "rip off" he has
I found it particularly amusing that he thought he'd get expedited shipping on back ordered items too for a measly $6 bones. The squeaky wheel gets the oil, even if said wheel doesn't deserve it.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.