Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Ad Data: September 30th through October 6th, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-07, 12:24 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
After 30 minutes, I was finally able to preorder Ratatouille and save $5 off the Jungle Book. The circular states the offer, and even the shelf in the Disney section has a sign, but no one knew anything about it (of course). I was told "it came out two months ago and we're sold out." No joke. I pressed on: read the sign, read the circular, do something about it. They finally found the sku # and was able to do it that way. Now to wait and see if I encounter similar hassles when Ratatouille comes out. It boggles the mind how these stores can be this way.
Old 10-03-07, 01:40 PM

New Ad?

Hello Professor

Do you happen to have a new Ad for BestBuy?

thanks
Old 10-03-07, 03:00 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 275 Likes on 207 Posts
Damn, so I can't have both the Tin Bank/Baloo and $5 off and Down on JB/Ratatouille. So I will be returning the freebies tomorrow, not worth $10.
Old 10-03-07, 05:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by benh911
Might have to make a trip back tomorrow. I didn't notice that. I actually bought Season 1, 2, 3.1, and 3.2...but I got charged the full price

No dice. I went in today, and didn't see the sign on the major display. I found a worker who had no idea what I was referring to, and he looked in the flyer..I told him there should be a sign on the display, and there was one on another display. He said I DID get them half off, because they are on sale for 16.99, and originally list at 33.99.
Old 10-03-07, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by shahsanket
Hello Professor

Do you happen to have a new Ad for BestBuy?

thanks
there is no need to ask. as soon as someone has the ad they will post it...
Old 10-04-07, 09:36 AM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by pinata242
If it shows you paid $0.00 for your preorder, I'd wager that you'll have to pay full price when it comes out.
Yes, but now he doesn't have to buy it at BB.

You'll end up paying the same amount, but they aren't hurt by this. If anything you win because you get to keep your $5 for that month instead of them.
He wins because he picked up Jungle Book for $9.99 and now doesn't have to buy Ratatouille at all if he doesn't want to.

Now, you might be able to cancel you $0 preorder and still keep Jungle Book for $10 but it depends on if there's a package deal on your receipt or not, linking the items.
He doesn't have to cancel anything. In fact, there's nothing to cancel. He has a preorder that he paid absolutely nothing for. He has nothing to lose if he never buys Ratatouille and nothing to gain because he already picked up Jungle Book for $9.99.
Old 10-04-07, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Karman
He doesn't have to cancel anything. In fact, there's nothing to cancel. He has a preorder that he paid absolutely nothing for. He has nothing to lose if he never buys Ratatouille and nothing to gain because he already picked up Jungle Book for $9.99.
Yes, at least you get it.
The tendency here may be to overthink this. I paid $9.99 and tax for Jungle Book is all I was trying to say, bottom line. Nothing more.

I'm not locked in to buying Ratatouille at BB in the future at all. In fact, I would potentially be jeopardizing my good fortune if I attempt to pick up my pre-ordered Ratatouille, and they ended up "fixing" the 0.00 glitch by returning and recharging me as pinata242 described.