Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 9/16/07 to 9/22/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-07, 08:13 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by bdw418
Anyone have any luck finding this? The copies I saw didn't have any stickers indicating inclusion of this disc...

I got one. There were at least 10 on the shelf. They have the sticker on the front and the disc is very clearly in the skrinkwrap on the back.
Old 09-18-07, 08:18 PM

Received 50 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by BrandonJF
The Target exclusive is a trading card. At least, that's what the little label under the endcap space it would go in said. My local Target didn't have ANY of the new releases that included Target exclusives - heck, they were missing other new releases as well. They had tags up next to all the empty spaces stating there were shipping delays and to check back later in the week (this is Florida).

Can someone post a pic of the trading card?
Old 09-18-07, 09:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Surfinhank
I got one. There were at least 10 on the shelf. They have the sticker on the front and the disc is very clearly in the skrinkwrap on the back.
Thanks, Hank. Two employees were feeding me a line of shit about how 2 of the 6 discs were bonus features, etc. Figured it would have a sticker--and actual bonus disc, obviously--a la The Office.
Old 09-18-07, 09:26 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by bdw418
Anyone have any luck finding this? The copies I saw didn't have any stickers indicating inclusion of this disc...
Targets nationwide apparently had some shipping issues today. I went to two and both said they never got some of this weeks DVDs.

But one Target did have a few of the Brothers and Sisters sets. Of the 4 sets, only one had the sticker for the bonus DVD.

Updated the first post with all the US updates so far.
Old 09-18-07, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 82 Likes on 49 Posts
Originally Posted by wvblueandgold
I can't be sure, but the lenticular cover on Superman vs. Doomsday at Wal-Mart seemed to be a different than the one I saw at Circuit City. I could be wrong.

I just got back from Wal-Mart to see. It looked the same to me.
Old 09-18-07, 09:52 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
Targets nationwide apparently had some shipping issues today. I went to two and both said they never got some of this weeks DVDs.

But one Target did have a few of the Brothers and Sisters sets. Of the 4 sets, only one had the sticker for the bonus DVD.

Updated the first post with all the US updates so far.
Yeah, figured as much, Trevor. Thanks again for maintaining these threads week after week.
Old 09-19-07, 03:22 AM

Okay, I should clarify on the Blockbuster deal. There are two posters. One is the standard Death Proof poster, with a few different things. The second is one that features Kurt Russell. Poster might not be the right word. They're actually done in the tradition of lobby cards (so they're thicker, but still about the size of a mini-poster), and are actually cooler than I thought they'd be. Deals still the same, 4 bucks by themselves or 2 bucks if you buy or rent Death Proof. They'll be doing the same with Planet Terror next month.
Old 09-19-07, 03:26 AM

does anyone know: if we have blockbuster total access and we trade in one of our discs to rent death proof, does that count as a rental which would allow us to purchase the poster for 2 bucks? don't really care to get the poster, but for those who want it and don't want to pay to rent the actual movie, it would be good to know.
Old 09-19-07, 06:15 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by shyguy1083
does anyone know: if we have blockbuster total access and we trade in one of our discs to rent death proof, does that count as a rental which would allow us to purchase the poster for 2 bucks? don't really care to get the poster, but for those who want it and don't want to pay to rent the actual movie, it would be good to know.
Yes. I traded in my online rental for an instore rental of Death Proof and got the poster at the "discount price."
Old 09-19-07, 08:53 AM

added exclusive I found at Costco
Old 09-19-07, 10:28 AM

Thanks for the pictures SendHelp. I was going to go to Target to get Family Guy Vol 5, but will be going to Best Buy and saving myself a 15 minute drive to Target.
Old 09-19-07, 11:52 AM

Just a reminder to everyone shopping at Target, those $5 coupons are still working.
Old 09-19-07, 12:03 PM

The Wal-Mart edition of "Superman Doomsday" comes with a digital comic book on CD-ROM.
Old 09-19-07, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by EvlAsh
The Wal-Mart edition of "Superman Doomsday" comes with a digital comic book on CD-ROM.
Thanks! Added.
Old 09-19-07, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by BrandonJF
Hmmmm.... that's true...

I'm not sure what to do in regard to Family Guy. Target had pretty much similar extras in their volume 4 exclusive, but still managed to keep the same box design. What in the world are people supposed to do with what they are offerring for Vol. 5? It's a shame because I like the extras and there isn't a difference in price (I don't think).
Did anybody open this? Perhaps there is an offer inside to mail away for a box or cases. If the disc art is included inside, it's easy enough to make your own cases, but not the box itself. They really should have included that, even if it was flattened inside...
What a dumb packaging design!
Old 09-19-07, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
There's a $7 rebate for Death Proof? I didn't see anything about it on the website. Did they actually give you a voucher that had it printed as one of the eligable items?

I drove down to WA state to pre-order it. When I was making my rounds, saw afew places ads had it for $16.99. Was going try to price match, but if there's $7, I won't give them the hassle..
Later
I got the rebate voucher along with my receipt and a copy of the receipt.You have to mail it along with one of the receipts and the original UPC from the DVD in order to get a $7.00 check.
Old 09-19-07, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Macfly77
I got the rebate voucher along with my receipt and a copy of the receipt.You have to mail it along with one of the receipts and the original UPC from the DVD in order to get a $7.00 check.
So they want you to cut the UPC code from the cover? I had a couple of FYE rebates and they didn't require the UPC code.. But I ordered them through the mail, so don't know if the process is different..
Later
Old 09-19-07, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
So they want you to cut the UPC code from the cover? I had a couple of FYE rebates and they didn't require the UPC code.. But I ordered them through the mail, so don't know if the process is different..
Later
It's the third time I've mailed a rebate form and they've always needed a cut UPC.
The second time, I thought I was smart when I cut the UPC from the DVD insert but they declined my rebate request.
Old 09-19-07, 10:01 PM

I have gone to 4 different CCs and no luck finding "The Mist" preview DVD which is supposed to come w/ Death Proof.

If anyone can get one or two for me I'd be very grateful.
Old 09-20-07, 12:49 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Its weird that stores today got some sort of delay or non shipped exclusives

Not all Target stores carry:

1. Barbie DVD
2. Superman Doomsday Exclusive
3. Condemned w/ Running Man

Not All CircuitCity stores carry:

1. Superman Doomsday Exclusive
2. Deathproof with Mist Preview disc

Not All Bestbuy stores carry:

1. Smallville with visual companion book

Not All Walmart Stores carry:

Old 09-20-07, 02:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by xage
Its weird that stores today got some sort of delay or non shipped exclusives

Not all Target stores carry:

1. Barbie DVD
2. Superman Doomsday Exclusive
3. Condemned w/ Running Man

Not All CircuitCity stores carry:

2. Deathproof with Mist Preview disc

Not All Bestbuy stores carry:

1. Smallville with visual companion book

Not All Walmart Stores carry:

greedbay pirates?
Old 09-20-07, 10:36 AM

Well, with Target, it was a company wide shipping snafu. The exclusives will show up today or tomorrow I would imagine.

With CC, they are the most poorly managed company on the planet, often has had exclusive screw ups, so I just come to expect it from them.

BB and WM usually do ok w/ exclusives, occasionally underplanning like the WM Hot Fuzz WS vs FS problem.

Although you are right to some extent about ebay, there has been a growing presence of store exclusives up there lately.
Old 09-20-07, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts
Same here Trevor. No Mist disc. CC, San Bernardino, California.
Old 09-20-07, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Trevor
Well, with Target, it was a company wide shipping snafu. The exclusives will show up today or tomorrow I would imagine.

With CC, they are the most poorly managed company on the planet, often has had exclusive screw ups, so I just come to expect it from them.

BB and WM usually do ok w/ exclusives, occasionally underplanning like the WM Hot Fuzz WS vs FS problem.

Although you are right to some extent about ebay, there has been a growing presence of store exclusives up there lately.
What annoys me more then anything else is the fact that these store employee's are so mis-informed or are just not told about store exclusives.

I mean unless you put up a fuss, 9 out of 10 times you won't get said exclusive. I had to sit there and explain something about there own giveaways, 4 times. Twice in best buy, one time each in fye & target. They have no clue.

Company's should set up some type of mail away program as a back up in my opinion. Greedbay pirates don't help matters either.
Old 09-20-07, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by SendHelp
back from target. the 29.99 family guy exclusive is a thin double-wide.

not a fan of this since it won't fit on my shelf. not sure i'm keeping yet so not opening it till after best buy opens.

enjoy the pics. volume 4 is pictured for comparison.

HMV here in Canada is carrying this set for $39.99 CDN. They have been known to carry some Target exclusives in the past..
Later

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.