All store exclusives and freebies - 9/02/07 to 9/08/07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

All store exclusives and freebies - 9/02/07 to 9/08/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-07, 11:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was at costco today and saw a 3 pack for "the Office" with a packaged cooler. It included all 3 seasons for about 60.xx. Not too sure of all the specifics as I only caught a quick look.
Old 09-04-07, 11:33 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by michaema
I was at costco today and saw a 3 pack for "the Office" with a packaged cooler. It included all 3 seasons for about 60.xx. Not too sure of all the specifics as I only caught a quick look.
Darn, I saw that and totally forgot to post it.

It is just one of those cheap small vinyl "coolers" with Dundler Miflin printed on it. Small enough to fold up DVD case sized. The three pack was $62.99 at the Sterling Costco.
Old 09-04-07, 11:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally Posted by doody1313
PS...a little off topic, but regarding the Target Bonus Discs lately, I heard a while back (around the time of the Paley Festival) that all of the festival Panels were beign put on DVD and would eventually be available for sale (at the Museums in NYC and Cali i beleive) and eventually in retail stores....is this what became of that... or will these have a release, in which case the target bonus might actually be a moot point?
There are some for sale on their website. I know Lost is one of them. I think it's from 2 years ago.

It really sucks that the Office bonus is short. Then again, it's longer than Ugly Betty's...so I guess that's good news

It's $65.99. It's all three seasons individually wrapped, all shrinkwrapped to a small "cooler".
Old 09-04-07, 11:39 PM

Originally Posted by Rogue588
It's $65.99. It's all three seasons individually wrapped, all shrinkwrapped to a small "cooler".
Thanks wasnt too sure of the exact price
Old 09-04-07, 11:40 PM

Does anyone have the contents of the Resident Evil bonus disc?

Is it a re-package of the previously releaesed movie? Or do they have some different cut or added features?
Thanks
Old 09-04-07, 11:42 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Thanks wasnt too sure of the exact price
It's all good. As Trevor pointed out, it could be a YMMV. But, it's safe to say "anywheres from $60-70"
Old 09-05-07, 06:15 AM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
Does anyone have the contents of the Resident Evil bonus disc?

Is it a re-package of the previously releaesed movie? Or do they have some different cut or added features?
Thanks
Not completely sure, but there is a thread in the main forum dedicated to this release. Let me search.....

It is definitely a new packaging, as the two movies are on one disc and the special features are on another. So I would imagine that something has to be different.

Here is the thread in the main forum.

And yes, from that thread there is new material, including a scene to bridge movies 2 and 3.

Oh, and the 3rd bonus disc has two featurettes, a making of RE and a sneak peek at RE3.
Old 12-23-09, 10:42 AM
Cool New Member

Re: All store exclusives and freebies - 9/02/07 to 9/08/07

Hi, can anyone remember if the Best Buy exclusive Silver Surfer Lithograph was available also with Blu-ray pre-order ? And since Trevor says it is a small one, was it included in the Blu-ray case? Thank you for your answer.
Old 12-24-09, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by edo1080
Hi, can anyone remember if the Best Buy exclusive Silver Surfer Lithograph was available also with Blu-ray pre-order ? And since Trevor says it is a small one, was it included in the Blu-ray case? Thank you for your answer.
edo,

ill gladly try to assist with any info you are trying to find, but bumping 2+ year old threads individually is kinda weird imho. if you have further questions, my suggestion would be to post all of your questions in one post in the dvdtalk thread. i dunno though - someone else might have a better suggestion?

that said, iirc the silver surfer litho was available only on release day with purchase of the dvd. it was prolly about 10 inches by 8 inches and matted in a folding cardboard "folder". and since this was over two years ago, there was no blu-ray
Old 12-24-09, 01:32 AM
Cool New Member

since this was over two years ago, there was no blu-ray

thank you for your kind answer, anyway checking on Highdef digest Release dates lists and on amazon.com The rise of silver surfer blu-ray was released day and date with DVD, that is why I'm asking