Search this Thread

Old 09-05-07, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Many thanks.
Old 09-06-07, 04:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best Buy morons

Originally Posted by JuryDuty
Just a heads-up for those wanting the S3 special box set of The Office from Best Buy, it looks like quantities are limited. In the thread about this set in the main DVDTalk forum, one person found only about 20 copies at their Best Buy this morning. I just got mine and it was the last one in stock at my Best Buy.
I was out-of-town where there are no Best Buys so I had to order mine for in-store pickup Tuesday morning with the intent to get it the next day. When I got there the next day to pick it up I checked the floor first and EVERY copy of the Office Season 3, exclusive or not, was sold out. This was confirmed for me later. When I went to the service desk to pick my order up, they handed me my invoice wrapped around the regular copy of the Office Season 3. Yup, the morons reserved the wrong version of the set for me even though I paid for and ordered the correct one that cost 10 bucks more online.

Luckily, for me anyway, there were 2 copies of the exclusive set reserved for other people and after the guy spent a long time searching around the store for another copy of the exclusive, without me having to ask, he grabbed someone else's exclusive version and swapped it with the standard copy they had held for me. Great for me but not for the poor sap who is the last to pick his up and gets handed the wrong version having already paid $10 more for the exclusive.

This was at the Plymouth Meeting, PA Best Buy. So, sorry, if I took your copy, someone, but finders keepers. I also checked King of Prussia today and they had no exclusive versions left, just the regular. The exclusive has also completely disappeared off of Best Buy's web site. Between this and the 300 exclusive, they're sure doing a heck of a job ordering enough product to meet demand, aren't they?

Just hilarious how Best Buy's employees can't even accumulate the tiniest bit of knowledge it would take to be aware of the few exclusive items they get. And given that almost EVERY movie has many, many multiple versions in different releases and formats these days, how can any employee be satisfied with, "Uh, duh, dere's da movie with da same name on this paper," without simply checking the UPC to make sure?