Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

f.y.e weekly New Releases pricing (often with MIR) and more deals

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-08, 12:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
(yet) another question for ya db27...

whats up with the beowulf steelbook rebates not printing up in-store? im sure there was pop for it stating a $5 mir, but i didnt realize i didnt receive it at the register. numerous others (in the talk forum) have had the same experience.

so do you know if the mir is just for the dc and regular edition? and not the steelbook? thanks as usual
Old 03-03-08, 02:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sorry i wasn't sure where to ask this and i couldn't find it on their website, but if i want to use a giftcard online does it take the full amount and just store the remaining balance as credit on the site or does it only take out the total for the purchase. thanks in advance.
Old 03-03-08, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gh0zt
sorry i wasn't sure where to ask this and i couldn't find it on their website, but if i want to use a giftcard online does it take the full amount and just store the remaining balance as credit on the site or does it only take out the total for the purchase. thanks in advance.
It just takes out the amount for the purchase. You will still be able to use it in-store. BTW, if you place a multiple item order with different release dates, they will ship each item out as they become available. The kicker is that they sometimes don't charge your gift card(s) until the final item ships.
Old 03-03-08, 09:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by hindolio
(yet) another question for ya db27...

whats up with the beowulf steelbook rebates not printing up in-store? im sure there was pop for it stating a $5 mir, but i didnt realize i didnt receive it at the register. numerous others (in the talk forum) have had the same experience.

so do you know if the mir is just for the dc and regular edition? and not the steelbook? thanks as usual
well, im gonna go ahead and answer my own question from the response i got at my fye. no rebate for the steelbook. boo!
Old 03-04-08, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

just got back from vacation, will update in the next day or so....
Old 03-04-08, 12:30 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I got 5 rebate checks I sent for in early January yesterday. Checks come way way faster than gift cards lately.
Old 03-04-08, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by cleaver
I got 5 rebate checks I sent for in early January yesterday. Checks come way way faster than gift cards lately.
Same here. I just got seven $7 rebate checks yesterday. I'm still waiting for a $10 check and two $10 virtual gift cards.
Old 03-05-08, 07:38 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

updated to reflect recent rebates and deals
Old 03-05-08, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

You'll get a t-shirt if you reserve a copy of Hitman.
Old 03-10-08, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

updated with tomorrows new releases
Old 03-11-08, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just inquired on some gift cards from Early December and was told that they are very backlogged and now need an ADDITIONAL 12 weeks before they will be sent. Ridiculous.
Old 03-11-08, 12:11 PM

Is there a MIR for new release BR movies?

If so does anybody know the release price for No Country for Old Men?
Old 03-11-08, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Did anyone who picked up The Bee Movie 2-disc SE have trouble with the $5 rebate not printing up? Though it's listed in db27's front page as $5 for both versions and there was a sign saying $19.99 after rebate in the store, when I bought it the rebate didn't print up, so the FYE guy said I guess the rebate must only be on the 1-disc edition. Fortunately he gave me a $5 discount to make up for it. Then as I was leaving he took down the sign showing $19.99 after rebate for the SE.

Was just curious if this was a local "glitch" or nationwide?
Old 03-11-08, 07:56 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by jkzahn
I just inquired on some gift cards from Early December and was told that they are very backlogged and now need an ADDITIONAL 12 weeks before they will be sent. Ridiculous.
The fact that they are delayed is annoying enough. At least they are straight with you. I have called 4 times, each time being told I would receive a specific rebate within X days. After X days passed, I called and told them about my previous conversation. Each time, they assured me that "for sure" I would get it in X more days. Last time, they told me that it had been sent, and I would get it any day. I asked why an email would take more than a few seconds to be delivered, and she then went on to say that the rebate was issued by their office, but had to go through another office to actually be sent. Sounds a little suspicious.

Call me old fashioned, or a "customer from hell" but I kept my end of the contract and I refuse to let it go BECAUSE I have a hunch their whole business model is based on people either not realizing their rebates have been wrongly rejected, or people forgetting that they are even owed money due to the ridiculous processing time.

The dumbest thing is that if I received my rebate, I would spend it AND MORE on their merchandise, but if they won't give me the money they owe me I will just shop elsewhere.

Anyways, if you are annoyed now, I can't wait to see how you feel in 12 more weeks if still "Your rebate is valid and is scheduled for final processing."
Old 03-11-08, 08:16 PM

hey db, i was told at the store there was a rebate on beowolf and and appleseed, both didnt print but i thought they were still using the website what should i doo

second my store told me i preordered the only steelbook appleseed they got, does this sound right a store only getting one copy?
Old 03-12-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Manzana
Did anyone who picked up The Bee Movie 2-disc SE have trouble with the $5 rebate not printing up? Though it's listed in db27's front page as $5 for both versions and there was a sign saying $19.99 after rebate in the store, when I bought it the rebate didn't print up, so the FYE guy said I guess the rebate must only be on the 1-disc edition. Fortunately he gave me a $5 discount to make up for it. Then as I was leaving he took down the sign showing $19.99 after rebate for the SE.

Was just curious if this was a local "glitch" or nationwide?

nationwide, my bad shouldn't be a rebate on this SE
Old 03-12-08, 07:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by stonewall
Is there a MIR for new release BR movies?

If so does anybody know the release price for No Country for Old Men?
in store MIR for NCFOM BR is $5
Old 03-12-08, 07:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1
hey db, i was told at the store there was a rebate on beowolf and and appleseed, both didnt print but i thought they were still using the website what should i doo

second my store told me i preordered the only steelbook appleseed they got, does this sound right a store only getting one copy?

neither have rebates in store, not sure about online. my store also got only one Appleseed Steelbook, it's not that uncommon for anime and other lesser known titles.
Old 03-13-08, 09:47 AM

No More Free shipping at FYE.COM

Looks like they have terminated free shipping on orders > $25.
Old 03-13-08, 09:50 AM

Order Declined

My order for BattleStar Gallactica Season III was cancelled, credit card declined. When I contacted my CC company they had no record of _ANY_ attempt to authorize the charge. When I attempted to replace the order, I could not get free shipping despite the item being > $25.

Is this a one-off or are they systematically cancelling orders with free shipping.
Old 03-13-08, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by mark_d_drake
Looks like they have terminated free shipping on orders > $25.
They still have the free shipping banner up. They have a glitch that they are working on. The same thing happened last week and they corrected it after a day. Obviously the glitch is back. Hopefully they will have it fixed soon. I emailed them last week about this and here is the response that I received-

Hello,

Unfortunately, there is a bug in the system that is not recognizing orders that are eligible for this offer. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause but if you would like to go ahead and place your order and reply to this message with the order number we can definitely credit you for the shipping charges you incurred on this order as long as you select Budget Shipping as the method of shipment.

If we can be of further assistance, please reply to this email or reach us via the fye.com Customer Support line at 1-800-818-1941

Sincerely,

fye.com Assistance Support
Old 03-13-08, 02:57 PM

Problems are resolved... Very good customer service experience....
Old 03-19-08, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

new exclusives are updated including Cloverfield Steelbook, Juno Pregnanacy Pen, AVPr poster
Old 04-01-08, 10:24 PM

Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experience this before..

Two I picked up 2 Geneon title for this BOGO free promotion.. When I got home, I realized that one of the selections I already gotten..

If I live near the FYE, I suppose I can return both and repurchase, but I live about 1 1/2 hour from the FYE I got them from and not likely to go back for another couple of weeks..

Does anyone know what happens if I return the duplicate selection within the 30 days, but after the BOGO free sale is over?

BTW: is there a date when this Geneon sale is over?
Thanks
Old 04-01-08, 10:34 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 535 Likes on 471 Posts
Originally Posted by johnsun
Hi. Just wondering if anyone has experience this before..

Two I picked up 2 Geneon title for this BOGO free promotion.. When I got home, I realized that one of the selections I already gotten..

If I live near the FYE, I suppose I can return both and repurchase, but I live about 1 1/2 hour from the FYE I got them from and not likely to go back for another couple of weeks..

Does anyone know what happens if I return the duplicate selection within the 30 days, but after the BOGO free sale is over?

BTW: is there a date when this Geneon sale is over?
Thanks
I believe you would have to return and repurchase the correct titles. I doubt that they will let you exchange a title after the promotion is over. I guess you would never know unless you try.

My local stores are still running the Geneon B1G1 promotion. Supposedly select BVUSA titles worked with this promo as well (YMMV, probably tied in with Geneon distribution back then). Apparently this B1G1 promo keep getting extended. I was told it will probably be running at least 2 more weeks. I'm sure that db27 can give a more accurate answer than this though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.