Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Best prices on the Elvis dvds?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 08-07-07, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone know who's having the best sale prices on the Elvis dvd's that came out today?
Old 08-07-07, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I'm only interested in "This Is Elvis" and "Elvis: That's The Way It Is", and they're both $14.93 at Deep Discount (with free ship). They're a couple pennies higher at sister site DVD Planet, where I have a bunch of credit.

I can wait until the next 20% off sale though, and they'll probably feature in somebody else's promotion too.
Old 08-07-07, 01:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I got them early at Wal-Mart for $14.44 each. Someone else told me they got their's at Wal-Mart for $7.50 each, so I guess YMMV. I know Jailhouse Rock is $12.99 at Circuit City or Target and you get a free poster.
Old 08-07-07, 02:45 PM

I may check Wal-Mart then since my Best Buy only had Jailhouse and Viva. I didn't feel like waiting in line to get the price match for Jailhouse since they sent me over to customer service and the line was long. Anyone know if Costco got them? I'm thinking if Costco got them they may all be $12.99 if they got them there.
Old 08-07-07, 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by DonTHX1378
I may check Wal-Mart then since my Best Buy only had Jailhouse and Viva. I didn't feel like waiting in line to get the price match for Jailhouse since they sent me over to customer service and the line was long. Anyone know if Costco got them? I'm thinking if Costco got them they may all be $12.99 if they got them there.
Best Buy was overpriced. They want $17.99 for Jailhouse and Viva
Old 08-07-07, 08:25 PM

My brother went back into Best Buy for me tonight and got Viva, Jailhouse, This is Elvis, and Thats the way it is for $12.99 each because the Circut City ad just states Elvis, doesn't state what dvds just has the Jailhouse cover and thats it. The guy looked at the ad and didn't question it which I thought was cool.
Old 08-08-07, 06:36 AM

I have a quick question about these. I saw them at Wal-mart for 14.99 each but there was a sticker on the front of each movie stating that some of them had Elvis cards inside of them. Viva Las Vegas my fav Elvis movie had a sticker saying that it had a 20 pg booklet in it. Nowhere did it say these were some kind of Wal-mart exclusive but I have not seen these things mentioned anywhere I have looked so does anyone know if these items are in all of them everywhere? It would make a difference on where I buy them. Thanks!
Old 08-08-07, 01:53 PM

Jailhouse, Viva, This is Elvis and That's the Way It Is come with 20 page booklets, when I got That's the Way It Is it said it came with cards but no cards were inside. I did buy one of the $7.50 releases, Double Trouble, and that had cards inside, so I don't know.
Old 08-08-07, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by The Monkees
Jailhouse, Viva, This is Elvis and That's the Way It Is come with 20 page booklets, when I got That's the Way It Is it said it came with cards but no cards were inside. I did buy one of the $7.50 releases, Double Trouble, and that had cards inside, so I don't know.
Thanks for the info! I assume you bought them somwhere other then Wal-mart so a person should get the booklets anywhere.
Old 08-08-07, 04:32 PM

The Wal*Mart I tried today was charging $19.97, but I'm going to try another tomorrow.
Old 08-09-07, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by NeilJ
does anyone know if these items are in all of them everywhere?
The 2-Disc and "Deluxe" sets (This Is Elvis; TTWII; Viva; Jailhouse) each come with a 20 page booklet featuring b&w photos. All the other titles contain 5 postcards that are just slightly smaller than a standard chapter insert. (These consist of a color reproduction of the film's theatrical poster and 4 b&w movie stills.)

The above are included regardless of where you buy them. This also applies to 6 titles which have been re-issued with new cover art: It Happened at the World's Fair; Harum Scarum; Spinout; Double Trouble; Speedway; and The Trouble With Girls.

Walmart has the 2-Disc and Deluxe titles available for $14.88, and all the rest for $7.50 each. But the best (B&M) store to buy the 6 "new" titles is Target, which has the Hollywood Collection boxset available for $39.99. This includes Kissin Cousins, Girl Happy, Tickle Me, Stay Away Joe, Live A Little Love A Little, and Charro.
Old 08-10-07, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by poirot
The 2-Disc and "Deluxe" sets (This Is Elvis; TTWII; Viva; Jailhouse) each come with a 20 page booklet featuring b&w photos. All the other titles contain 5 postcards that are just slightly smaller than a standard chapter insert. (These consist of a color reproduction of the film's theatrical poster and 4 b&w movie stills.)

The above are included regardless of where you buy them. This also applies to 6 titles which have been re-issued with new cover art: It Happened at the World's Fair; Harum Scarum; Spinout; Double Trouble; Speedway; and The Trouble With Girls.

Walmart has the 2-Disc and Deluxe titles available for $14.88, and all the rest for $7.50 each. But the best (B&M) store to buy the 6 "new" titles is Target, which has the Hollywood Collection boxset available for $39.99. This includes Kissin Cousins, Girl Happy, Tickle Me, Stay Away Joe, Live A Little Love A Little, and Charro.
Thanks for the info!! A quick question on the Target set do those movies include the postcards like the individual releases? thanks!
Old 08-10-07, 12:19 PM

The Hollywood Collection is available at DD and Amazon for less than $35 with free shipping and (for me) tax free.
Old 08-10-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For the Hollywood Collection, it's $29.95 shipped with a ch.com membership. Individual titles are $5.19 shipped. Now's the time to apply, people.
Old 08-10-07, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by NeilJ
Thanks for the info!! A quick question on the Target set do those movies include the postcards like the individual releases? thanks!
Yes. Incidentally, Target also has Viva and Jailhouse for around $15 each, although they don't appear to be stocking This Is Elvis and TTWII for some reason.
Old 08-10-07, 04:41 PM

I got the Hollywood Collection today at a Deep Discount DVD store in Naperville, IL for $24.99. Though they did not have the Lights! Camera! Elvis! collection, found that at Costco for $44.
Old 08-10-07, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^ I think I would die if I had the Deep Discount store in my neighborhood. I'll bet you can even find the Film Crew DVD's in store.
Old 08-10-07, 07:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I saw them all at Wal-Mart this morning for $7.50 each.
Old 08-11-07, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

So I just want to get it clear, the only discs that are $7.50 at Wal-Mart are the non-deluxe, single disc movies, right?

Because I just got the deluxe Jailhouse Rock and Viva Las Vegas and the 2-disc This is Elvis, and That's The Way it Is and they all scanned at $14.44 each (but the shelf tag said they were $19.98) and I want to make sure none of them were ringing up $7.50 elsewhere.