Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - August '07

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-07, 12:21 AM
Cool New Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
man every time i click on a title i want...they say it's no longer available and for me to call to check availability otherwise i would jump on about 4 or 5 of those dvds they have listed :-(
Same here, I tried around 4 titles and they all said that as well. =\ bummer!
Old 08-27-07, 01:30 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 289 Likes on 214 Posts
man every time i click on a title i want...they say it's no longer available and for me to call to check availability otherwise i would jump on about 4 or 5 of those dvds they have listed :-(
Yeah, maybe they should make it a "pre-bought" sale.
Old 08-27-07, 04:05 AM

Does the BestBuy B&M/Kiosk order prices ever get transferred the online website prices eventually or is it unlikely? I'd like to get the Last Exile set and Samurai X: OVA but I don't live in US. ;/
Old 08-27-07, 08:30 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Totakeke
Does the BestBuy B&M/Kiosk order prices ever get transferred the online website prices eventually or is it unlikely? I'd like to get the Last Exile set and Samurai X: OVA but I don't live in US. ;/
The B&M/Kiosk and BestBuy.com (accessed outside the store) are basically separate entities. So it's very unlikely they will change all of the prices so that both would be the same.
Old 08-27-07, 09:57 AM
WTK

3 Days of 'Bargains In the Bag' 33% OFF All Mythwear and Great Eastern Items! @ RightStuf.com

Take a breather from the back-to-school rush, and gear up for :Bargains In the Bag": Three days of uber-discounts on all items from Mythwear and Great Eastern! From bags, backpacks, keychains and wallets to wallscrolls, plushies, accessories and much more, you're sure to find at least a few of your favorite anime series represented!

From now until August 29 take at least 33% OFF the retail prices of all items from Mythwear and Great Eastern. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? There's no coupon code for this one, so the discounted price you see listed for each eligible item already reflects the 33% savings off its retail price!
  • Coupon Code: NONE!
  • Expires: August 29, 2007 at 11:59 CDT
REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 40% OFF the retail prices of Mythwear and Great Eastern items! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the :Bargains In the Bag" banner above: It will take you to a list of all the Mythwear and Great Eastern products we carry! (Please note: Bargain bin, weekly special and closeout items are not eligible for the coupon because they're already awesome deals - and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)
Old 08-27-07, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by WTK
The B&M/Kiosk and BestBuy.com (accessed outside the store) are basically separate entities. So it's very unlikely they will change all of the prices so that both would be the same.
There's currently a lawsuit pending about that although I havn't heard anything in a while.
Old 08-29-07, 11:04 PM
WTK

FYE / Suncoast (B&M)

As reported from CAG, it looks like that the $7.99 FUNimation DVDs from the sale a while back (5 for $15) is now $1.99 each. These DVDs will again have the special UPCs applied to the packaging.
Old 08-29-07, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by WTK
FYE / Suncoast (B&M)

As reported from CAG, it looks like that the $7.99 FUNimation DVDs from the sale a while back (5 for $15) is now $1.99 each. These DVDs will again have the special UPCs applied to the packaging.

woahhh so which funimation dvds are these applied to?
Old 08-29-07, 11:07 PM
WTK

I haven't been able to update the first three posts for about 2 weeks or so. This nagging issue of editing long posts is really becoming a headache.

I'm in the midst of trying to work out an alternative with Geoff. I will post any upcoming changes (if any all) that will be made to the upcoming anime bargain threads.

Last edited by WTK; 08-29-07 at 11:11 PM.
Old 08-29-07, 11:10 PM
WTK

woahhh so which funimation dvds are these applied to?
It should include titles such as these if you can still find them.
  • Case Closed - sarious volumes
  • Beyblade, select volumes
  • Dragon Ball GT, select individual volumes
  • Fullmetal Alchemist - select volumes (6, 10, 11, 12, 13)
  • Galaxy Railways, Vol.1
  • Kiddy Grade - Case 1-4, select individual volumes
  • Kodocha, Vol.1
  • Lupin movies - several individual volumes
  • Tenchi Muyo GXP - Police Diary 1-4, select individual volumes
  • Yu Yu Hakusho - First Battles, select individual volumes
Old 08-29-07, 11:18 PM
WTK

10% off all regularly priced music, movies, toys, video games and PC Games @ Best Buy

Markdowns taken from regular prices. Excludes new release DVDs and video game hardware. Limit 1 offer per coupon, per household. Limit of 3 media titles per coupon. Not good in combination with any other coupons or offers. Valid on in-stock items only. No rainchecks. No dealers. Valid only at Best Buy™ stores in the U.S.A. Coupon must be presented at time of purchase. No cash back. Cash value is 1/100th of 1 cent.

Coupon valid 8/29/07–9/5/07.
Old 08-29-07, 11:20 PM

anybody have an opinion on school rumble?
is it worth a blind buy?
Old 08-29-07, 11:37 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by mrblau
anybody have an opinion on school rumble?
is it worth a blind buy?
I have seen the whole series and it's one of my favorite anime comedy series. There are loads of hilarious moments with parodies stringed in. The series has also drew some comparison to Azumanga Daioh though it's not really the same type of anime. The first season (26 eps.) gets better as it progress along. The OVA and 2nd Season is not as good as the 1st Season, but worth watching for those who enjoyed the 1st Season. If you don't mind high school anime comedy series, you may enjoy this. You can go to the School Rumble Official Website to view some video clips if you want to get a sample of what the series is kind of like.

Last edited by WTK; 08-29-07 at 11:41 PM.
Old 08-30-07, 09:30 AM
WTK

ANIMANIA Reminder!

Old 08-30-07, 09:45 AM
WTK

Bring On the Bargains! Save on DVDs, UMDs and CDs from Bandai Entertainment! from RightStuf.com
School's back in session, but should that mean saying farewell to the excitement of summer? NO WAY! It's time to bring on the bargains with cool deals on your favorite DVDs, UMDs and CDs from Bandai Entertainment - including fan favorites like The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Eureka Seven and Galaxy Angel AA, Gundam, .hack//, My-Otome and Escaflowne!

From now until September 9, take 40% OFF the retail prices of all DVDs (and UMDs) and 33% OFF the retail prices of all CDs from Bandai Entertainment. (This includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the reusable coupon code BRINGON when you check out through RightStuf.com!
  • Coupon Code: bringon
  • Expires: September 9, 2007 at 11:59 CDT
REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF on DVDs and up to 40% on CDs! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

* Not sure which products are included in the sale? To get started, just click on the "Bring On the Bargains" banner above: It will take you to a list of all of the Bandai Entertainment DVDs, UMDs and CDs we carry! (Please note: Bargain Bin, Weekly Special and Closeout items are not eligible for this sale because they're already awesome deals, and this will be noted on the individual product pages for these items!)

Last edited by WTK; 08-30-07 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-30-07, 11:59 AM

A Bandai sale!!!!!!!

A Bandai Sale!!!!

I'm already freakin' broke with the FYE clearance and the RS funi clearance! And now they pull a Bandai Sale!!!!

The bastards wanna take all my money.
Old 08-30-07, 02:10 PM
WTK

ADV's 15th Anniversary with $15 Special Pricing @ ADVFilms.com

All Vol.1 New Releases Only $15 for 1-Week Only!
Plus Free Anniversary Gift with Purchase!

All sales final. Items are in limited quantity and only on sale while supplies last or until the specified sale has ended.
Old 08-30-07, 02:27 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

where are the new specials for TRSI? have they not been posted yet or are they not going to be posted?
Old 08-30-07, 02:32 PM
WTK

where are the new specials for TRSI? have they not been posted yet or are they not going to be posted?
I won't post them until they finish updating the Weekly Specials which should be sometime in the early evening.

One new thing they added was Boys Be.. Savers DVD Bargain Bundle (Hyb): $59.99
Old 08-30-07, 06:26 PM
WTK

Weekly Specials & Closeout Items from RightStuf.com

Ongoing:New:
Old 08-30-07, 06:33 PM
WTK

RightStuf.com - Bargain Bin Update (ADV)
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
Old 08-30-07, 09:46 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by WTK
FYE / Suncoast (B&M)

Stopped by my local Suncoast today (Omaha, NE) and they had the same rack with all the $7.99 Funimation DVDs, took a few up to the counter and they all scanned at $7.99 still, not $1.99. Maybe someone got it wrong, or it's just select stores? And yes, they were the ones with the special sticker s on the backs. =( *was looking forward to cheap $2 DVDs* heh.

Anyone else have any luck?

-nekobi
Old 08-30-07, 09:56 PM

brand new to anime. went to rightstuff and saw a lot of dvds with 'hybrid' discs. Ok, I'll bite. What is "HYB" disc?
Old 08-30-07, 10:05 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by nekobi
Stopped by my local Suncoast today (Omaha, NE) and they had the same rack with all the $7.99 Funimation DVDs, took a few up to the counter and they all scanned at $7.99 still, not $1.99. Maybe someone got it wrong, or it's just select stores? And yes, they were the ones with the special sticker s on the backs. =( *was looking forward to cheap $2 DVDs* heh.

Anyone else have any luck?

-nekobi
It appears to be regional, so YMMV!
Old 08-30-07, 10:06 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Steve
brand new to anime. went to rightstuff and saw a lot of dvds with 'hybrid' discs. Ok, I'll bite. What is "HYB" disc?
This is the definition given by Right Stuf:
You might also see (Hyb) which means that both the subtitled and dubbed versions are available on the same DVD.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.