DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/507464-hot-fuzz-2-disc-exclusive-wal-mart.html)

AsmodeusVice 07-28-07 12:55 PM

I can indeed confirm that Wal-Mart will have the bonus disc (I work in the electronics dept. overnight). I looked specifically for the disc last night. It will be a side by side jobber.

The bonus disc looks to have some interesting extras on it (and a decent amount too... not some fluffy 5 min epk's). I'll try to take a pic of it tonight... or at least notate the extras on the bonus disc.

Brent L 07-28-07 12:58 PM

I guess that also confirms that the first disc is the same as the normal R1 version, and that means that the other extras on the first disc of the R2 version, more commentaries and the such, aren't on the Wal-Mart exclusive set. :(

riotinmyskull 07-28-07 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice
I can indeed confirm that Wal-Mart will have the bonus disc (I work in the electronics dept. overnight). I looked specifically for the disc last night. It will be a side by side jobber.

The bonus disc looks to have some interesting extras on it (and a decent amount too... not some fluffy 5 min epk's). I'll try to take a pic of it tonight... or at least notate the extras on the bonus disc.

when you say 'side-by-side' do you mean an extra amaray case attached to the original case??

Peep 07-28-07 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by AsmodeusVice

If you get a chance, please check how many commentaries are listed on the main disc.

AsmodeusVice 07-28-07 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
when you say 'side-by-side' do you mean an extra amaray case attached to the original case??

Yea, it's shrinkwrapped alongside it like when they package a new release with an older DVD. It's just like how they did the Munich release.

AsmodeusVice 07-28-07 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by Peep
If you get a chance, please check how many commentaries are listed on the main disc.

I'll do that tonight and let you all know in the morning. I'll try to take a pic of it.

Peep 07-28-07 03:27 PM

Thanks!!

ThaGoddfather 07-28-07 04:22 PM

I hate those SidebySides

Trevor 07-28-07 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by ThaGoddfather
I hate those SidebySides

Yep, but they've been doing it that way for years. They have at least 1 title a week with an exclusive this way.

One benefit of the way WM does it is that the main title is still sealed, making it easy to ebay or re-gift. Less double-dipping for us completists.

ThaGoddfather 07-28-07 07:17 PM

True.

johnsun 07-28-07 11:14 PM

Sorry if this have been covered, but has there been any mention on the price for the set with the bonus disc?
Later

Trevor 07-28-07 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by johnsun
Sorry if this have been covered, but has there been any mention on the price for the set with the bonus disc?
Later

Walmart is always YMMV. Walmarts 1 mile from each other can have drastically different prices.

But roughly, new releases are $15.87, and new releases with bundled exclusives are $19.87.

Some Walmarts apparently have the exclusives bundles at the same lower price, but I've never been that lucky.

tasog37 07-29-07 01:48 AM

I have the dvd here, it has one commentary on it featuring Simon Pegg and Edgar Wright.

Man, I wish this was coming out on Blu-Ray. I'm sure I'll pick up a copy at WalMart for the bonus disc.

nemein 07-29-07 06:28 AM

Any idea what exactly is on the bonus DVD? From the way some people are talking I think a lot of people are expecting the 2nd DVD of the UK 2DVD set, but I'm still a little skeptical that that is going to be the case.

AsmodeusVice 07-29-07 06:50 AM

Alright here's the features on the bonus disc

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...e/100_1036.jpg

and the features on the regular disc

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...e/100_1037.jpg

and the front of the pack

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y15...e/100_1034.jpg

sorry the pics are so big (and blurry), I don't have photochop installed.

Hope this answers some questions.

P.S. I know it's the fullscreen version, but we have so many boxes for the new stuff that I wasn't about to dig further. I'm sure it's in WS as well.

starman9000 07-29-07 07:56 AM

Sure am I glad I spent the extra dough getting the UK version.

Trevor 07-29-07 08:39 AM

Awesome job AsmodeusVice! Thanks much. I'll be getting this for sure.

gmerreighnjr 07-29-07 08:57 AM

awesome...thanks alot AsmodeusVice! the extras aren't included on the R2 disc--they're all new....so by having the R2 version and picking up the wal-Mart exclusive will cover everything features wise....i'll definitly be picking this up on tuesday

rhcp1214 07-29-07 09:47 AM

is the uk version of dead right edited? cause on the back of the walmart one it says it is...i think i'm gonna go with the hot fuzz, shaun of the dead deal at best buy.

Minerwerks 07-29-07 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
awesome...thanks alot AsmodeusVice! the extras aren't included on the R2 disc--they're all new....so by having the R2 version and picking up the wal-Mart exclusive will cover everything features wise....i'll definitly be picking this up on tuesday

There's nothing new there. All the features on that Wal-Mart bonus disc exist on the UK 2-disc DVD.

chris_sc77 07-29-07 10:24 AM

Yeah it looks like the to be the same exact disk as the 2nd disk in the R2 set.

mifuneral 07-29-07 11:04 AM

aww, bummer. I was hoping we'd get the commentary tracks on the first disc :(

Dane Marvin 07-29-07 11:23 AM

^ Still, this is pretty substantial content for a Wal-Mart bonus disc.

Willh51 07-29-07 11:23 AM

I hope that "a new comedy" is a sticker, or else Hot Fuzz will forever be the new movie from the guys who brought you Shaun of the Dead, which annoys me.

dom56 07-29-07 11:41 AM

Like the cover shot on the bonus disc. Has the 'John Woo' style look. :)