DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/507464-hot-fuzz-2-disc-exclusive-wal-mart.html)

gmerreighnjr 07-26-07 07:19 PM

Hot Fuzz 2-disc exclusive at Wal-Mart
 
just saw this posted on Edgar Wright's Myspace:


I just discovered yesterday that Wal Mart will be selling an exclusive 2 disc edition of HOT FUZZ.

Which is essentially the British DVD plus THE FUZZBALL RALLY DVD extra.
so i dealt with CD-WOW for a month to get the R2 2-disc and now it'll be available in the U.S. with the Fuzzball Rally feature---damn it:mad2:

PopcornTreeCt 07-26-07 07:33 PM

So, we all have to buy this at Wal-Mart to get the 2-disc? And is this gonna be one of their stupid 2 separate cases side by side or one case? Oh, I must know more!

Rizor 07-26-07 08:05 PM

Well, that'd be pretty sweet. I wasn't planning on picking this up, but we'll see now. :)

Still, it probably won't be including all the commentaries.

Imail724 07-26-07 09:20 PM

Shit, now I have to decide whether to get this or get HF and Shawn Of The Dead for $20 at Bestbuy.

AdamComic2 07-26-07 09:36 PM

Whats' the Fuzzball rally?

chris_sc77 07-26-07 09:38 PM

Fuzzball rally is a Region 1 exclusive documentary about the promotional appearences and marketing campaign in the U.S. starring Pegg and Frost.

TheJoker 07-26-07 09:46 PM

Can we price match this at Walmart with the BestBuy ads?

Brent L 07-26-07 10:15 PM

I don't think Wal-Mart will pricematch one of their DVDs when it comes with a bonus disc, but then again it's always worth a try, and it's possibly you'll get someone to do it anyway.

For anyone wondering, here's a link to the Edgar Wright MySpace blog.

The Valeyard 07-26-07 11:50 PM


Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
just saw this posted on Edgar Wright's Myspace:



so i dealt with CD-WOW for a month to get the R2 2-disc and now it'll be available in the U.S. with the Fuzzball Rally feature---damn it:mad2:


Rarrrragh!!! I did the exact same thing!!! I was so sure they wouldn't port that second disc over for SD-DVD.

I might have to pick it up and sell/trade my R2 version.

Grrrrrrr.

sinizine 07-27-07 01:18 AM

If this is actually true, I'l be jumping for joy. But he's pretty vague.

Edit- Also, his "currently watching" pick is hilarious.

Peep 07-27-07 10:09 AM

I'm confused. I thought that the Fuzzball Rally was a standard extra on all the R1 releases. The way I took Wright's comment was to mean that you were getting all of the extras from the R2 release (which I guess implies that the normal R1 release is missing some of these) in addition to the Fuzzball Rally. The normal R1 release only has some of the R2 features plus the Fuzzball Rally.

No?

gmerreighnjr 07-27-07 11:26 AM


Originally Posted by Peep
I'm confused. I thought that the Fuzzball Rally was a standard extra on all the R1 releases. The way I took Wright's comment was to mean that you were getting all of the extras from the R2 release (which I guess implies that the normal R1 release is missing some of these) in addition to the Fuzzball Rally. The normal R1 release only has some of the R2 features plus the Fuzzball Rally.

No?

correct, the R2 version has everything the R1 has except Fuzzball Rally and has a second disc of additional features....from what i understand the Wal-Mart 2 disc will be everything that is with the R2 version plus the Fuzzball Rally feature

chris_sc77 07-27-07 12:08 PM

I really doubt that the Wal-mart edition will have the 4 commentaries that are on the R2.
The R1 has only 1 commentary in its standard R1 edition so unless Wal Mart gets a different Disk 1 of this set it will still be missing quite a bit.
Im just glad i finally got a Region free player and the R2 dvd recently.
However it sucks i wont get to see fuzzball rally.

nemein 07-27-07 12:25 PM


Originally Posted by gmerreighnjr
correct, the R2 version has everything the R1 has except Fuzzball Rally and has a second disc of additional features....from what i understand the Wal-Mart 2 disc will be everything that is with the R2 version plus the Fuzzball Rally feature

I don't know... I'm very skeptical that that is the case. I suspect what's happening is you'll get the standard R1 release plus the Fuzzball Rally on a 2nd DVD making it a 2 DVD deal (not a 3 DVD deal as some seem to be implying). I could be wrong but I find it hard to believe anyone would go through the trouble of transferring the R2 to R1 version and then only releasing it at one location.

chris_sc77 07-27-07 12:40 PM

Fuzzball Rally is on the 1 disk R1 release and is available on every R1 1-disk edition of the movie.

The Valeyard 07-27-07 02:23 PM

That's it! I'm not gonna bite. I'm happy with my R2 edition.

will power will power will power will power.....

wennma01 07-27-07 02:50 PM

from his comments it seems to me like you'll get the regular r1 disc everywhere (which includes Fuzzball rally) and then it will probably be packed side-by-side with the bonus disc which would essentially be the r2 2nd disc.

so pretty much, this will be the 'ultimate edition' that contains all extras (although it will most likely be missing the additional commentaries)



anyway....i'm in Hot Fuzz is my fav movie of the year so far, so i'll be headed to walmart to pick this up

rhcp1214 07-27-07 04:08 PM


Originally Posted by wennma01
from his comments it seems to me like you'll get the regular r1 disc everywhere (which includes Fuzzball rally) and then it will probably be packed side-by-side with the bonus disc which would essentially be the r2 2nd disc.

so pretty much, this will be the 'ultimate edition' that contains all extras (although it will most likely be missing the additional commentaries)



anyway....i'm in Hot Fuzz is my fav movie of the year so far, so i'll be headed to walmart to pick this up

do you think it will really be side by side? i hope not, i hate that

wennma01 07-27-07 06:58 PM

i hope it is a regular 2-disc set...but i'm pretty sure walmart will screw us over with the side by side or a cardboard sleeve shrink-wrapped to the single disc amaray

ThaGoddfather 07-27-07 08:15 PM

Anyone have a picture?

riotinmyskull 07-27-07 08:29 PM

just buy a blank 2-disc amaray case...problem solved.

Imail724 07-27-07 09:17 PM

What is on the British DVD that the US one doesn't have?

Peep 07-27-07 09:20 PM


Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
just buy a blank 2-disc amaray case...problem solved.

I'm fine with that. I only hope we get all the commentaries.

shyguy1083 07-27-07 09:45 PM

shouldn't wal-mart have this on their website already? is this a certainty?

chris_sc77 07-27-07 09:54 PM


Originally Posted by Imail724
What is on the British DVD that the US one doesn't have?

# Audio Commentary by the Real Fuzz
# Audio Commentary by Sandford Village People (Dalton, Woodward, etc)
# Audio Commentary by Sandford Police (Pegg, Frost, Broadbent, etc.)


# Visual FX Before & After (8 Scenes) (6m 0s)
# Blogs 1-12 Plus the Lost Blog (32m 20s)
# Dead Right (40m 10s)
-Dead Wright Commentay with Edgar Wright
-Dead Wright Commentary with Pegg and Frost
# Here Come the Fuzz (4m 16s)
# We Made Hot Fuzz-Making of Documentary (29m 31s)
# Art Department (4m 48s)
# Flip Chart (14m 0s)

Or in other words most of the stuff is available only on R2 edition.
And it is quite an awesome DVD if i might say so.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:22 AM.


Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.