Best Buy Prices: July 29 - August 4, 2007

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Best Buy Prices: July 29 - August 4, 2007

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-07, 04:38 PM

Received 808 Likes on 525 Posts
I stopped by BB this afternoon to pick up the Bourne 3-DVD set for $9.99 (thank you Debit/Mastercard) and there were about a dozen left, but I dug to the back and found the remaining one with movie cash in it. Bonus!

Now I can watch one tonight, one tomorrow night, and then watch the last one in the theater Friday night all for $10.62!

Thanks speedy!
Old 08-01-07, 05:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by superdeluxe
Found one of those helmet special editions today.

Also, I think this is a unadvertised sale, But I picked up Braveheart, and it rung up as 5.00$ (apparently with purchase of 300 special edition, braveheart was 5.00$?). Not sure if this is just for the helmet edition..or the regular special edition.
taken from speedy's post:

++++ Get one of the following 4 titles listed below for only $5 when you buy one of the 300 DVD versions listed above // Regular price of titles listed below is $9.99 each // Both titles must be purchased on the same receipt:

The Bourne Supremacy
The Bourne Identity: Explosive Extended Edition
Gladiator
Braveheart
Old 08-01-07, 06:49 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 914 Likes on 774 Posts
anyone have or can put on an actual pic of this "Popeye the Sailor" collector's tin? does it look like the "King Kong" 1933 tin?
Old 08-01-07, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I stopped by BB this afternoon to pick up the Bourne 3-DVD set for $9.99 (thank you Debit/Mastercard) and there were about a dozen left, but I dug to the back and found the remaining one with movie cash in it. Bonus!

Now I can watch one tonight, one tomorrow night, and then watch the last one in the theater Friday night all for $10.62!

Thanks speedy!

lol, i'm doing the same thing!
Old 08-01-07, 07:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just got back from Best Buy with 300 2-disc, but I was pissed because they didn't have Hot Fuzz or Shaun Of The Dead. I'll have to see if I can get to the other Best Buy by me tomorrow.
Old 08-01-07, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn! Thanks. I didnt read speedy's post entirely!

But yeah. I also didnt see Hot Fuzz. Strange.
Old 08-01-07, 08:49 PM
Premium Member

Received 700 Likes on 466 Posts
Originally Posted by scott1598
anyone have or can put on an actual pic of this "Popeye the Sailor" collector's tin? does it look like the "King Kong" 1933 tin?
http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showpost.ph...1&postcount=86
Old 08-02-07, 10:02 AM

How does the 300 ComicCon exclusive compare to the Best Buy exclusive? Is the Immortals mask heavy and come on a stand like the Best Buy's helmet version? I'm debating on picking the ComicCon version up if the quality is good.

Last edited by Woof Woof; 08-02-07 at 10:09 AM.
Old 08-02-07, 12:29 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 870 Likes on 392 Posts
Just got email pick up confirmation for instore pick-up of 300 with the collectible helmet!
Several stores in my area have them instock online again.

I'll be going over in a couple of hours on my lunch to pick it up.
Old 08-02-07, 12:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by orion1998_1

Thanks speedy!

lol, i'm doing the same thing!
Does it have the sticker like in the ad? Went through about 10 of them yesterday that the guy brought out from the back room, and none had the sticker for free cash.
Old 08-02-07, 12:48 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by Woof Woof
How does the 300 ComicCon exclusive compare to the Best Buy exclusive? Is the Immortals mask heavy and come on a stand like the Best Buy's helmet version? I'm debating on picking the ComicCon version up if the quality is good.
really... that gives me more hope for the one I ordered for in-store and the one I ordered shipped to my house. great!
Old 08-02-07, 03:04 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by IDrinkMolson
Just got email pick up confirmation for instore pick-up of 300 with the collectible helmet!
Several stores in my area have them instock online again.

I'll be going over in a couple of hours on my lunch to pick it up.

Sweet, they are back in stock at several places!
Old 08-02-07, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Ordered it online and got a confirmation on Tuesday. Went to the store yesterday and they told me it was a mistake and it was out of stock. The supervisor said the system updated really slow. I asked "what's the point of verifying it and sending me the email that it's ready to be picked up?". He said it's automated and sends it automatically after a certain amount of hours. I told him that his logic didn't make sense and the verification process would have been pointless. He keep insisting it was the system's fault. I asked for the general manager but he was already gone. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.

I talked to a corporate customer rep today and she told me that stores has to get the item first and then send me a notification email. If they don't have it, I would have gotten an email stating it's out of stock. She's giving me a $25 gift card for the fiasco and apologized for the lie the supervisor told me. I still want to hear what his gm will say regarding this matter.
Old 08-02-07, 04:37 PM

Went back to BestBuy yesterday for Hot Fuzz and Shaun of the Dead. Tuesday night Shaun of the Dead was out of stock. Checked availability yesterday and it said it was available at my 2 local stores. Went to get it and now Hot Fuzz was gone. Walked through all the aisles and found one copy in the westerns section, but it was full screen. Bought it anyway will swap later when ws is back in stock, but I'm happy I got the 2 for 20.
Old 08-02-07, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by tanman
Sweet, they are back in stock at several places!
Yes, got mine at lunch today!!

They also finally got the Bourne 3-pack with movie cash & the Rush Hour 3 movie cash and all associated DVD's.
Old 08-02-07, 09:29 PM

Off Topic:

Check out this "Ultimate" 300 Collectors Set from A&E:

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/i...html?id=101981

What's hilarious about this is that they used the picture of the HDDVD version of the movie and photoshopped out the "HD" part. Not only that, they replaced the original front caption of "HD DVD AND DVD COMBO FORMAT" with "TWO DISC SPECIAL EDITION."

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?
Old 08-03-07, 01:47 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 961 Likes on 668 Posts
Originally Posted by matrixrok9
Ordered it online and got a confirmation on Tuesday. Went to the store yesterday and they told me it was a mistake and it was out of stock. The supervisor said the system updated really slow. I asked "what's the point of verifying it and sending me the email that it's ready to be picked up?". He said it's automated and sends it automatically after a certain amount of hours. I told him that his logic didn't make sense and the verification process would have been pointless. He keep insisting it was the system's fault. I asked for the general manager but he was already gone. I'll give him a call tomorrow and see what the deal is.

I talked to a corporate customer rep today and she told me that stores has to get the item first and then send me a notification email. If they don't have it, I would have gotten an email stating it's out of stock. She's giving me a $25 gift card for the fiasco and apologized for the lie the supervisor told me. I still want to hear what his gm will say regarding this matter.

I was afraid of crap like this.

I guess I will see when I pick it up tomorrow if they actually have it or not. Did they get more in stock or what? That's odd that they did. I remember I really really wanted that 3D Lenticular Cars poster and that never was restocked.

I really think CC has better customer service. Don't they have a 24 minute or $24 guarantee?
Old 08-04-07, 12:00 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts
Originally Posted by sandman007
Off Topic:

Check out this "Ultimate" 300 Collectors Set from A&E:

http://store.aetv.com/html/product/i...html?id=101981

What's hilarious about this is that they used the picture of the HDDVD version of the movie and photoshopped out the "HD" part. Not only that, they replaced the original front caption of "HD DVD AND DVD COMBO FORMAT" with "TWO DISC SPECIAL EDITION."

WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS?
That is a crap pic, but might be a pretty good deal actually.

3 titles, 4 DVDS, for $35 total. Anyone know much about the other two titles?
Old 08-04-07, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Woof Woof
Has this been fully answered yet? I'm curious too.
Old 08-04-07, 03:18 PM

Personlly, I like the Best Buy much better than the cheap looking Comic Con. And no, the Comic Con does not have a stand at all. The Best Buy is HEAVY for it's size..and it looks good with the 300 logo on the stands...great display on the DVD shelf.
Old 08-04-07, 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Engel07
Personlly, I like the Best Buy much better than the cheap looking Comic Con. And no, the Comic Con does not have a stand at all. The Best Buy is HEAVY for it's size..and it looks good with the 300 logo on the stands...great display on the DVD shelf.
Thanks. So they are different statues? Different boxes?
Old 08-05-07, 09:46 AM

I've find this photo on ebay