Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Over 600 Fox/MGM titles are on B2G1 offer at DD

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 08:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Something really irking me: I really, really wanted to get Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia from the $6 sale from a few months back, and it wasn't included, so I had to get the disc from Circuit City for $9.65. Yet here it is now Buy 2 Get 1...

Seriously considering picking up Death Wish 2 and 3 with The Killing.
Old 07-16-07, 11:52 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

[QUOTE=thejester]Too bad there's not an easier way to identify FOX titles? For those of us that get the others @ CH.

Although, after looking @ the list sorted by $, they do "congregate". Almost all
Old 07-17-07, 08:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been wanting to get into film noirs. Would this be a good sale to start buying some? Or are there better deals to be had on film noirs during other sales?
Old 07-17-07, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by NeilJ
I have been wanting to get into film noirs. Would this be a good sale to start buying some? Or are there better deals to be had on film noirs during other sales?
I picked up 15 of the Fox titles during the 20% OFF sale. I could've saved over $20 had I waited for this. *sigh* Oh well, I have about 5 more to complete the available collection. This averages much better than the $8.31 I paid for each. Get them now.
Old 07-17-07, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Xbox69
I picked up 15 of the Fox titles during the 20% OFF sale. I could've saved over $20 had I waited for this. *sigh* Oh well, I have about 5 more to complete the available collection. This averages much better than the $8.31 I paid for each. Get them now.
I concur. At around $7 each, they will probably never get cheaper than this. I need like 15 more to finish the available collection, but why hold off if they won't get cheaper?
Old 07-17-07, 08:34 AM

No matter what I do, I can't get this to work - I get 'this coupon has expired'. Maybe it doesn't apply to overseas buyers?
Old 07-17-07, 08:49 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by John Hodson
No matter what I do, I can't get this to work - I get 'this coupon has expired'. Maybe it doesn't apply to overseas buyers?
Remember, the coupon code is BUYTWOGETONE instead of BUYONEGETONE which gets displayed in URL. I'm an international customer and code works for me.
Old 07-17-07, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Frusterating that it doesn't include some of the more recent releases like VON RICHTOFFEN AND BROWN, SAND PEBBLES SE, CAN CAN, ON THE RIVERIA, FIXED BAYONETS. Also it should be noted that the version of VON RYAN'S EXPRESS that is on sale is not the recently released SE.
Old 07-17-07, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by punit
Remember, the coupon code is BUYTWOGETONE instead of BUYONEGETONE which gets displayed in URL. I'm an international customer and code works for me.
1) I use the link in the first post.

2) I log in to my account.

3) The warning that the coupon has expired comes up.

4) I ignore it, make my selections, enter the right code and...no discount is applied.

5) I've tried two different computers.

6) I've also gone through the checkout procedure which gives you an option to apply a coupon on the second page, and it comes up with 'DiscountBUYTWOGETONE (-$0.00) has been applied to your order'

I'm stumped.

Last edited by John Hodson; 07-17-07 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

1) I use the link in the first post.

2) I log in to my account.

3) The warning that the coupon has expired comes up.

4) I ignore it, make my selections, enter the right code and...no discount is applied.

5) I've tried two different computers.

6) I've also gone through the checkout procedure which gives you an option to apply a coupon on the second page, and it comes up with 'DiscountBUYTWOGETONE (-$0.00) has been applied to your order'

I'm stumped.
You just need to change the sequence of some of your steps. Do this way:
1) Log out from the site
2) Open a new window of browser and use the link i posted
3) Select items and click on submit
4) You may need to refresh the page if nothing shows up
5) You get the cart with no discount applied
6) Enter coupon code and click on Apply
7) Discount will be shown
8) Now click on Sign-in and login to your account
9) Click on "Proceed to checkout" button and hopefully, the discount should be effective.

Let me know if it still doesn't work and thanks for giving the reproducible test case. It helped in identifying the issue you are facing.

Last edited by punit; 07-17-07 at 12:43 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 12:51 PM

Here we go, this is now getting confusing.

Completed steps 1-3 (trying to order 'Deadfall' and the 'Ultimate Flint Collection' BTW), had to refresh the page and my cart then showed one 'Flint' but two 'Deadfall' - removed one.

Entered the discount code and nothing. However; I tried changing the amounts - if I added two (or more) copies of either, a discount was applied. So, I have two copies o 'Deadfall' and one of 'Flint' and a discount shows of $14.74. If I then remove the extra copy, no discount is shown. This applied to both the initial checkout page and the second.

Weird.
Old 07-17-07, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Here we go, this is now getting confusing.

Completed steps 1-3 (trying to order 'Deadfall' and the 'Ultimate Flint Collection' BTW), had to refresh the page and my cart then showed one 'Flint' but two 'Deadfall' - removed one.

Entered the discount code and nothing. However; I tried changing the amounts - if I added two (or more) copies of either, a discount was applied. So, I have two copies o 'Deadfall' and one of 'Flint' and a discount shows of $14.74. If I then remove the extra copy, no discount is shown. This applied to both the initial checkout page and the second.

Weird.
Hang on a minute here. You are telling me that you are trying to add just two titles and expect one of those two be free when discount is applied ?

By the way, when i said log-out in step 1....it meant empty your cart too. Start following the steps right from scratch.
Old 07-17-07, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by punit
Hang on a minute here. You are telling me that you are trying to add just two titles and expect one of those two be free when discount is applied ?
Doh! Is my face red...
Old 07-17-07, 01:06 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Doh! Is my face red...
That's ok. Glad to help you out !

I gave my instructions in this post here to make effective use of this sale.
Old 07-17-07, 01:13 PM

Thanks for your time punit; I cant believe I just put you through all that!
Old 07-17-07, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by NeilJ
Well the probem is that most of my favorite film noirs (roughly in order: Sunset Blvd, Ace in the Hole, Double Indemnity, White Heat, Notorious, Angels With Dirty Faces, Strangers on a Train, The Big Heat, In A Lonely Place, The Maltese Falcon, Out of the Past, The Asphalt Jungle, The Big Sleep) are not included in this sale.

The only one of my favorites that is included in this sale is Sweet Smell of Success, I definitely recommend that.
I thought Laura and The Killing were pretty decent, though. The Killing is saved by its ending.
I haven't seen all of the noirs included in this sale, though, for example Kiss of Death.

Last edited by wilky61; 07-17-07 at 01:19 PM.
Old 07-17-07, 04:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Too bad all of the Woody Allen MGM titles aren't included.
Old 07-17-07, 07:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I ended up getting Laura, The Train, and Sweet Smell of Success for $20 and change. Pretty good deal.
Old 07-18-07, 09:37 PM

Anyway to have the page display images?
Old 07-19-07, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

The DVD Bargains forum is going to make me go broke, thanks guys. Just took advantage of this sale and got (in 2 seperate orders to maximize the discount):
Night of the Hunter
Sweet Smell of Success (thanks Wilky61)
The Killing
Paths to Glory
Last Tango in Paris
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Lifeboat
Find Me Guilty

For a total average of $7.57 per title. Not too shabby.
Old 07-24-07, 04:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Somewhere Hot Scoville Units: 9,999,999 Zodiac Sign: Capricorn
Received 811 Likes on 316 Posts
A couple questions:

1. Will the upcoming Vincent Price Box Set on 9/11 just be repackaged versions of the Midnite Movies double-features of Tales of Terror/Twice Told Tales, Theater of Blood/Madhouse, and The Abominable Dr. Phibes/Dr. Phibes Rises Again? In other words, would it be better to hold off on those aforementioned titles and just wait for the box set?

2. Were all the Midnite Movies 50% off prior to this sale or were they always at the current price of $9.65?

Last edited by Chad; 07-24-07 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-24-07, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Picked up Bananas,Broadway Danny Rose and Purple Rose of Cairo. Thanks OP.