Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Terminator Special Edition ~$8 at Sam's Club (YMMV)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Terminator Special Edition ~$8 at Sam's Club (YMMV)

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-07, 02:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just checked mine since I never knew they made this change. Never opened it, so I can see it still has the Wal-Mart price tag on it from September, 2003. It says Special Edition on top and has another sticker saying over 2.5 hours of extras, which are listed on the back of the package. The package picture is definitely standard, no holo-foil. I believe this was a $7.50 title at Wal-Mart back then.

I've been through this mess before, when they change the aspect ratio or the special features but don't change the UPC. Took me a while to track down the Short Circuit Special Edition and that's one reason why. Even on eBay when you list a DVD, they let you type in the UPC numbers to automatically bring up a description of the DVD contents, which of course may be wrong on these DVDs. So I had to e-mail every individual seller until I found someone who actually had the Special Edition and didn't just have the wrong listing info up. And, yeah, all the online web sites are just as inaccurate. If that same bar code was switched over to a Pac-Man pinata let alone a different version of the DVD, then that's what you'll get when you order the item, no matter what the description on the site says.