DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

The Return - $9.99 at Best Buy

Old 06-15-07, 04:20 PM

The Return - $9.99 at Best Buy

I was at Best Buy today browsing, and I saw The Return http://imdb.com/title/tt0433442/ priced at $9.99. All the copies had the price, so I'm not sure if it is a mistake or not. Their website lists it at $19.99 so I'm not sure if it YMMV or not. I'm not interested in the movie, but I thought I'd let you guys know.
Old 06-18-07, 09:37 AM
MrE
DVD Talk Special Edition

Darn ... I was hoping it was this movie:
http://imdb.com/title/tt0376968/
Old 06-18-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This was marked $19.99 at my BB today, so either deal is dead or YMMV.
Old 06-18-07, 02:16 PM

It's 9.99 at WalMart
Old 06-18-07, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Lot's of places are slashing prices on this release. Dvdpricesearch lists 8 vendors with prices in the $9-12. Has the MSRP recently been lowered?
Old 09-01-07, 05:45 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Saw it at Wal-Mart for $7.50 about a week ago.
Old 09-01-07, 08:51 AM
TGM
DVD Talk Legend

from my review at www.dvdspot.com

The Return 1.5/5 stars

If you've ever been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and given exactly one day to live, then I suggest a viewing of "The Return", as it is 86 minutes that will most certainly feel like an eternity. Sarah Michelle Gellar, sporting her best "recently liberated from Auschwitz"-look, who apparently also sold her soul to Beelzesucks (the Devil-of-PG-13-supernatural movies) plays, uh, some girl... who is plagued by flashbacks and visions of something awful in her past. In between her fits of self-mutilation, and her job selling farm equipment (or something?), she ultimately returns to her home town in Texas to figure some things out. The rest is a jumbled, boring, plodding mess with a TWIST!!! ending that you will either see coming a mile away, or more likely, you simply won't care much about. I give this movie an extra 1/2 star for a Sam Shepard sighting, otherwise, skip it.

Last edited by TGM; 09-01-07 at 08:57 AM.
Old 09-01-07, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TallGuyMe
from my review at www.dvdspot.com

The Return 1.5/5 stars

If you've ever been diagnosed with a terminal illness, and given exactly one day to live, then I suggest a viewing of "The Return", as it is 86 minutes that will most certainly feel like an eternity. Sarah Michelle Gellar, sporting her best "recently liberated from Auschwitz"-look, who apparently also sold her soul to Beelzesucks (the Devil-of-PG-13-supernatural movies) plays, uh, some girl... who is plagued by flashbacks and visions of something awful in her past. In between her fits of self-mutilation, and her job selling farm equipment (or something?), she ultimately returns to her home town in Texas to figure some things out. The rest is a jumbled, boring, plodding mess with a TWIST!!! ending that you will either see coming a mile away, or more likely, you simply won't care much about. I give this movie an extra 1/2 star for a Sam Shepard sighting, otherwise, skip it.

1.5/5 is generous
Old 09-01-07, 12:14 PM
Banned

This movie was so good they wouldn't let critics screen it in advance because it would fill up their eyes with tears of joy for years to come and the sheer volume of positive buzz would end our space time continuum.