DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (Best Buy) Exclusive X-Men 1.5 Steelbook $19.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/502871-best-buy-exclusive-x-men-1-5-steelbook-%2419-99-a.html)

jnyahay 06-07-07 07:41 PM

(Best Buy) Exclusive X-Men 1.5 Steelbook $19.99

If this is mentioned somewhere else, I apologize. But I just came back from Best Buy and saw 2 of these on a rack. They have a sticker on them claiming Best Buy exclusive only. I bought one and hid the other just in case these are very limited. I tried at their website to see if it was available there and it doesn't even come up. I would try and grab these as soon as possible. Will probably be a collector's item.

tonka65 06-07-07 11:51 PM

amazon has it if its the same
http://www.amazon.com/X-2-X-Men-Unit...1278272&sr=8-1

Peep 06-08-07 12:15 AM

Uh, you posted a link to X-Men 2, not 1.5

bookcase3 06-08-07 11:57 AM

My Best Buy had several of these, and since I never bought it when it was out, I picked on up. But I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse for the $20 price tag -- I rarely pay that price, especially for an older movie.

LoPan5705 06-08-07 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
My Best Buy had several of these, and since I never bought it when it was out, I picked on up. But I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse for the $20 price tag -- I rarely pay that price, especially for an older movie.

Steelbooks look good and are space efficient, but I can't go back to the old days and pay $20 for a dvd anymore unless its a TV show.

miz.eerie 06-08-07 01:21 PM

Yea, When i got the deal on my x2 steelbook it looked lonely lol so i bought it also.

DantheApe 06-09-07 07:21 PM

i dig the packaging. Since i only have the original release of xmen 1, i went ahead and picked up 1.5. The only thing im concerned about is how easy it can be to scratch these cases.

I've not even single dipped on 3 yet, at this point im just going to wait for steelbook release.

kefrank 06-09-07 07:42 PM

i own the original x-men dvd. is it worth also owning 1.5? if so, i might jump on the steelbook.

Flynn 06-09-07 08:51 PM

Man, I don't want to pass on this - but I'm waiting for FOX to release all these on Blu-Ray so I guess I'll have to... thanks for the heads up OP.

Robert 06-09-07 11:41 PM

...Sigh...

Here we go again:

For those of you in the cheap seats:

<b>For the gazillionth time: ALL the steelbook releases are the same as the previously released special editions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

:brickwl2::horse::hairpull:

OldBoy 06-10-07 10:24 AM

are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something? i don't think that has been discussed.

The Valeyard 06-10-07 10:55 AM

Please see the post above yours. Pretty much sums it up.

canaryfarmer 06-10-07 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something?

:brickwl2: NO. These are all purely packaging upgrades. This has been mentioned about a million times already in quite a few different threads.

PrometheusUFO 06-10-07 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kefrank
i own the original x-men dvd. is it worth also owning 1.5? if so, i might jump on the steelbook.

There's some new special features when compared to the original 1-disc release. I now own all three versions. I discovered my original X-Men 1.5 was defective after the return window ended, and that's what I kept telling myself as I bought it again in a steelbook for $20. Then I just had to pick up X2 to match (at least I was able to price-match it down to $6.99 anyway). :p

darkside 06-10-07 02:13 PM

God I wish I had money in the company that designs the Steel Books. They have become pretty hot for games and movie collector's editions.

If not for HD video rebuys looming I would be tempted by the Steel Books.

Snowmaker 06-10-07 04:55 PM

Saw this today. Can't justifying spending $19.99 on something I already have just for the case. Goes for X2, Fight Club, Die Hard, etc. as well.

OldBoy 06-10-07 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
:brickwl2: NO. These are all purely packaging upgrades. This has been mentioned about a million times already in quite a few different threads.

so these are the same as the prior releases, not even a different trailer or featurette on upcoming marvel movies?

Robert 06-10-07 05:54 PM

so these are the same as the prior releases, not even a different trailer or featurette on upcoming marvel movies?

<b>For the gazillionth time: ALL the steelbook releases are the same as the previously released special editions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

:brickwl2::horse::hairpull:

Any more nonsensical questions???

StephenX 06-10-07 09:24 PM

So, do these steelbooks have like a new commentary, or anything tiny like that added on since the original release?

I keed, I keed. But seriously, picked up Fight Club and Platoon yesterday for 9.99. AWESOME packaging.

canaryfarmer 06-10-07 09:52 PM

are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something?

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer

:suicide:

Trevor 06-10-07 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by StephenX
I keed, I keed. But seriously, picked up Fight Club and Platoon yesterday for 9.99. AWESOME packaging.

9.99 ?

ScottsdaleSaint 06-10-07 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
9.99 ?

he probably PM'ed with the Fry's ad that's good until Tuesday. i did the same thing for Fight Club.

cranberries fan 06-11-07 01:29 AM

ScottsdaleSaint first rule about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club,second rule you talk about Fight Club.

kefrank 06-11-07 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO
There's some new special features when compared to the original 1-disc release.

i took a closer look at the specs and it appears that it also has DTS, which the original x-men release did not have. DTS, additional extras, and a steelbook may have just convinced me to get 1.5

Trevor 06-11-07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
he probably PM'ed with the Fry's ad that's good until Tuesday. i did the same thing for Fight Club.

I hate not living near a Fry's. I should probably pay to have the ad priority mailed to me each week, it would likely pay for itself in pricematching refunds.