DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   DVD Bargains (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains-1/)
-   -   (Best Buy) Exclusive X-Men 1.5 Steelbook $19.99 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/502871-best-buy-exclusive-x-men-1-5-steelbook-%2419-99-a.html)

jnyahay 06-07-07 07:41 PM

(Best Buy) Exclusive X-Men 1.5 Steelbook $19.99

If this is mentioned somewhere else, I apologize. But I just came back from Best Buy and saw 2 of these on a rack. They have a sticker on them claiming Best Buy exclusive only. I bought one and hid the other just in case these are very limited. I tried at their website to see if it was available there and it doesn't even come up. I would try and grab these as soon as possible. Will probably be a collector's item.

tonka65 06-07-07 11:51 PM

amazon has it if its the same
http://www.amazon.com/X-2-X-Men-Unit...1278272&sr=8-1

Peep 06-08-07 12:15 AM

Uh, you posted a link to X-Men 2, not 1.5

bookcase3 06-08-07 11:57 AM

My Best Buy had several of these, and since I never bought it when it was out, I picked on up. But I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse for the $20 price tag -- I rarely pay that price, especially for an older movie.

LoPan5705 06-08-07 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by bookcase3
My Best Buy had several of these, and since I never bought it when it was out, I picked on up. But I'm already experiencing buyer's remorse for the $20 price tag -- I rarely pay that price, especially for an older movie.

Steelbooks look good and are space efficient, but I can't go back to the old days and pay $20 for a dvd anymore unless its a TV show.

miz.eerie 06-08-07 01:21 PM

Yea, When i got the deal on my x2 steelbook it looked lonely lol so i bought it also.

DantheApe 06-09-07 07:21 PM

i dig the packaging. Since i only have the original release of xmen 1, i went ahead and picked up 1.5. The only thing im concerned about is how easy it can be to scratch these cases.

I've not even single dipped on 3 yet, at this point im just going to wait for steelbook release.

kefrank 06-09-07 07:42 PM

i own the original x-men dvd. is it worth also owning 1.5? if so, i might jump on the steelbook.

Flynn 06-09-07 08:51 PM

Man, I don't want to pass on this - but I'm waiting for FOX to release all these on Blu-Ray so I guess I'll have to... thanks for the heads up OP.

Robert 06-09-07 11:41 PM

...Sigh...

Here we go again:

For those of you in the cheap seats:

<b>For the gazillionth time: ALL the steelbook releases are the same as the previously released special editions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

:brickwl2::horse::hairpull:

OldBoy 06-10-07 10:24 AM

are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something? i don't think that has been discussed.

The Valeyard 06-10-07 10:55 AM

Please see the post above yours. Pretty much sums it up.

canaryfarmer 06-10-07 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by scott1598
are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something?

:brickwl2: NO. These are all purely packaging upgrades. This has been mentioned about a million times already in quite a few different threads.

PrometheusUFO 06-10-07 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kefrank
i own the original x-men dvd. is it worth also owning 1.5? if so, i might jump on the steelbook.

There's some new special features when compared to the original 1-disc release. I now own all three versions. I discovered my original X-Men 1.5 was defective after the return window ended, and that's what I kept telling myself as I bought it again in a steelbook for $20. Then I just had to pick up X2 to match (at least I was able to price-match it down to $6.99 anyway). :p

darkside 06-10-07 02:13 PM

God I wish I had money in the company that designs the Steel Books. They have become pretty hot for games and movie collector's editions.

If not for HD video rebuys looming I would be tempted by the Steel Books.

Snowmaker 06-10-07 04:55 PM

Saw this today. Can't justifying spending $19.99 on something I already have just for the case. Goes for X2, Fight Club, Die Hard, etc. as well.

OldBoy 06-10-07 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer
:brickwl2: NO. These are all purely packaging upgrades. This has been mentioned about a million times already in quite a few different threads.

so these are the same as the prior releases, not even a different trailer or featurette on upcoming marvel movies?

Robert 06-10-07 05:54 PM

so these are the same as the prior releases, not even a different trailer or featurette on upcoming marvel movies?

<b>For the gazillionth time: ALL the steelbook releases are the same as the previously released special editions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

:brickwl2::horse::hairpull:

Any more nonsensical questions???

StephenX 06-10-07 09:24 PM

So, do these steelbooks have like a new commentary, or anything tiny like that added on since the original release?

I keed, I keed. But seriously, picked up Fight Club and Platoon yesterday for 9.99. AWESOME packaging.

canaryfarmer 06-10-07 09:52 PM

are there any exclusive extras to this set, i know they include the old stuff, but like 1 additional feature or something?

Originally Posted by canaryfarmer

:suicide:

Trevor 06-10-07 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by StephenX
I keed, I keed. But seriously, picked up Fight Club and Platoon yesterday for 9.99. AWESOME packaging.

9.99 ?

ScottsdaleSaint 06-10-07 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Trevor
9.99 ?

he probably PM'ed with the Fry's ad that's good until Tuesday. i did the same thing for Fight Club.

cranberries fan 06-11-07 01:29 AM

ScottsdaleSaint first rule about Fight Club is that you don't talk about Fight Club,second rule you talk about Fight Club.

kefrank 06-11-07 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by PrometheusUFO
There's some new special features when compared to the original 1-disc release.

i took a closer look at the specs and it appears that it also has DTS, which the original x-men release did not have. DTS, additional extras, and a steelbook may have just convinced me to get 1.5

Trevor 06-11-07 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by ScottsdaleSaint
he probably PM'ed with the Fry's ad that's good until Tuesday. i did the same thing for Fight Club.

I hate not living near a Fry's. I should probably pay to have the ad priority mailed to me each week, it would likely pay for itself in pricematching refunds.

WEEDEDOUT 11-29-07 12:47 PM

When Will This Price Drop
My God I Want It And Like Noone There Even Knows It Exists

The Valeyard 11-29-07 01:31 PM

I found mine at a used store (unopened and in mint condition) for 7 bucks.

WEEDEDOUT 11-29-07 02:12 PM

damn

Peep 11-29-07 03:21 PM

The price will never drop. Best Buy exclusives never do.

shyguy1083 11-29-07 03:46 PM

not entirely true. this was on sale a few weeks ago for $14.99. several of the fox steelbooks were on sale, including this exclusive one. but since it's been out for a while and it's an exclusive, sales on the item will probably be few and far between since there's no sales pricing from other stores to compete with.

DoubleDownAgain 07-11-08 04:15 PM

It's on sale at Beset Buy in Canada for $12.99.

If you buy two from a selection you get $8 towards the new X-Files movie. Pretty good selection of movies including all four CE from the Sergio Leoni set, CE of Invasion of Body Snatchers (78), 'From Beyond', all the CE of the Alien and Predator movies. As well as the new 'Mythology' X-file sets.

My Other Self 07-11-08 04:20 PM

They all are marked as $14.99 at my BB now.