Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Up to 60% off Horror Movies from Anchor Bay Horror (amazon.com)

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Up to 60% off Horror Movies from Anchor Bay Horror (amazon.com)

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 09:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks op! Just picked up the book of dead set as I could not pass up that price. The first time I put it in my cart and checked out though Amazon removed it and said it was no longer available from them! I went and checked the page again and it still showed in stock and shipping from amazon so I put it in my cart again and this time it let me check out with it. Go figure.
Old 06-08-07, 10:18 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Wanted to order Re-Animator. However, as for International customers CDWOW is cheaper.
Old 06-08-07, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Ordered Re-Animator and The Wicker Man.

I thought about upgrading Dawn of the Dead and Creepshow 2, but it's not worth the effort. I'll just wait til hopefully one day when Anchor Bay(or whatever the hell they call themselves now) supports HD-DVD/Blu-ray.
Old 06-08-07, 01:08 PM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

Originally Posted by NeilJ
Thanks op! Just picked up the book of dead set as I could not pass up that price. The first time I put it in my cart and checked out though Amazon removed it and said it was no longer available from them! I went and checked the page again and it still showed in stock and shipping from amazon so I put it in my cart again and this time it let me check out with it. Go figure.
Iv had that happen a couple time's. dont know why tho
Old 06-11-07, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 379 Likes on 236 Posts
Did anyone ever figure out when this sale ends or if this is a permanent price drop of some kind?

With all the deals at BB this week and the DDD and DVD Planet sales, I need to slow down on the DVD buying and wondered how long I could postpone picking up a few titles from this sale.
Old 06-11-07, 11:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^

It's definitely not a permanent price drop. Amazon never gives out end dates for their sales, so you better order soon or you just might miss out.
Old 06-12-07, 07:32 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

^^ Or you can do the trick someone else mentioned in another thread. It goes something like this...

1. Add the DVDs from the sale that you want to your cart.
2. Add another DVD that has a future release date.
3. Complete checkout (making sure that you choose the default option of "Keep my order until all items are available).
4. Amazon will hold your order (at current sale prices) until the future release DVD becomes available (and NOT yet charge your credit card).
5. Once you get the cash, cancel the future release DVD from your order, which will allow your order to go through, and your card to be charged.

I think that's the way it goes...
Old 06-12-07, 11:05 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037
^^ Or you can do the trick someone else mentioned in another thread. It goes something like this...

3. Complete checkout (making sure that you choose the default option of "Keep my order until all items are available).
4. Amazon will hold your order (at current sale prices) until the future release DVD becomes available (and NOT yet charge your credit card).
5. Once you get the cash, cancel the future release DVD from your order, which will allow your order to go through, and your card to be charged.

You left out the part where you do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around...

I had seen that advice in another thread. Thanks, I may consider giving it a shot or just going ahead and placing the order since it's not a large one.
Old 06-12-07, 08:40 PM

Thanks for the post! I cashed in my spare change at a coinstar machine and used all $26.25 of it plus the remainder from my debit card towards these two dvd's:

Mario Bava collection $19.99
Day the Earth Stood Still $7.99 (not part of the sale, but a decent price and I love the film)
Old 06-12-07, 10:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Thanks for posting. I picked up Halloween (25th Anniversary Divimax edition) and Halloween: 25 Years of Terror for $20. I've been wanting to pick these up to add to my horror collection (that would be just these 2 DVDs).
Old 06-13-07, 01:48 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 329 Likes on 200 Posts
Amazon

* Spontaneous Combustion (WS) - ($5.99)
* Bad Dreams - ($7.49)
* Night Of The Living Dorks - ($8.49)
* Phantasm 3 - ($8.99)

Total: $30.96
Old 06-13-07, 08:19 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by wildman1037

Looks like this 'trick' may not work all the time. My purchase yesterday wasn't exactly like the circumstances above (I didn't order something with a future release date) but I placed my order with free shipping and noted the 'keep order together--ship in fewest number of packages' option. I just got a note today that Amazon shipped one of the DVDs and will do the others when they become available.

On a side note: I always use the free shipping at Amazon and have never had a shipping confirmation within 24 hours. Quick turnaround...at least on the 1 dvd.
Old 06-13-07, 03:13 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

WTF
Did anyone else get any repackaged used dvd? I hardly ever order from Amazon anymore because at leat 50% of the time this shit happens. And with my luck whenever I send it back they send me more used ones (this happened 3 times (used for used))

I am done with Amazon, even their sales. Pathetic
Old 06-13-07, 03:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, that's never happened to me before...
Old 06-13-07, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
WTF
Did anyone else get any repackaged used dvd? I hardly ever order from Amazon anymore because at leat 50% of the time this shit happens. And with my luck whenever I send it back they send me more used ones (this happened 3 times (used for used))

Nope never happend to me. IT's been about a week since I ordered and still no update on progress. Just says "Waiting for pickup"..
Old 06-13-07, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I order Phantasm along with the Controversial Classics Vol. 2 set on the 6th and received them today. That was fast. I've had nothing but good luck with Amazon over the years. (knock on wood)
Old 06-13-07, 03:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Never. Been ordering from Amazon for 10 years with zero issues. If DDD didn't beat their price on so many DVD's I want, I'd never order anywhere else.

WTF

Old 06-13-07, 04:31 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

WTF

You must be dealing with Anazom.com, the knockoff Amazon site. Their deals are exactly the same but, as you say, come with some shenanigans. Why, I even received an unused condom in place of the first disc of Buffy Season Two and they refused to refund my money because they said I got the better deal! Unfortunately for many of our dyslexic friends, they can shop nowhere else. But since you have the option to shop at Amazon, I encourage you to do so. Way better customer service. You'll be much happier.

Old 06-13-07, 06:32 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

WTF

I've never heard of that happening before.
Old 06-13-07, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by sb5
I've never heard of that happening before.
Really, no one else?
Maybe Amazon hates me. Or in the notes section of my customer profile it has (send returned items here)
I don't know but whatever the case
I have had to hassel way too much with returning used items to them over the past 2 years; it's just not worth it anymore.
Old 06-13-07, 08:12 PM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you're ordering from Amazon direct, and not from the Amazon Marketplace sellers, right?
Old 06-13-07, 08:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
define 'used'? is there no shrinkwrap? no security stickers? fingerprints on the disc? scratches on the disc?
Old 06-13-07, 09:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,302 Likes on 946 Posts
Originally Posted by sb5
Sorry if this is a stupid question, but you're ordering from Amazon direct, and not from the Amazon Marketplace sellers, right?
I was thinking the same thing. He may not know he's buying from the Marketplace sellers.
Old 06-13-07, 10:45 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull
define 'used'? is there no shrinkwrap? no security stickers? fingerprints on the disc? scratches on the disc?
Defiantly not market place sellers, I am aware of the difference.
Shrink-wrapped is always the first sign of a used DVD. And that has happened quite a bit in the past, usually they will have hints of fingerprints (rare occasions scratched). One time Amazon sent me a dvd set, it turned out to be used (fingerprints on all discs) I send it back and they send me another used one at which point customer service admitted a "problem" with that title but said the only thing I could do was return it for credit (no new dvd)

This time my copy of Bad Dreams arrived re-wrapped. It had obviously been opened b4 because there was still bits of the last wrapper stuck to the case (you know how Anchor Bay kinda binds the wrapper to the spine (which is annoying as fuck to scrape off)). Also there was a new bar code sticker stuck on the outside of dvd case, a minirip in the case from looks like a fingernail and there was little greasy spots inside the case. Although this time no scratches or prints, so I'll just be transferring to a new case rather than deal with amazon returns anymore.

Sorry to vent this is just one of my pet peeves, CH sent me a re-shrink-wrapped scratches and fingerprints dvd recently so this kinda aggravated the situation. CH just told me to throw it away and they would send me a new one, which was nice.

Last edited by SterlingBen; 06-13-07 at 10:49 PM.
Old 06-14-07, 01:00 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Really, no one else?
Maybe Amazon hates me. Or in the notes section of my customer profile it has (send returned items here)
I don't know but whatever the case
I have had to hassel way too much with returning used items to them over the past 2 years; it's just not worth it anymore.
That is a strange story. I've never been sent anything used from Amazon and I order from there fairly frequently.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.