DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - June '07

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-07, 11:29 PM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 536 Likes on 472 Posts
Originally Posted by Sweet Baby James
Something is definitely up with ROD. All volumes are now listed as out of stock.
It's not just that, others volumes with artboxes or LE have dropped to "0" as well!

Armitage III: Dual Matrix DVD (Special Edition, Lunch box), Armitage III: Polymatrix/Dual Matrix DVD Set, Burn-Up Scramble DVD 1 (Hyb) + Artbox + Magnet Limited, Captain Herlock (Harlock) DVD 4 (Hyb): The Final Voyage Limited Edition, Elemental Gelade DVD 1 (Hyb): React + Artbox, Fafner DVD 1 (Hyb): Arcadian Project + Artbox (Limited), Licensed by Royalty (L/R) DVD 1 (Hyb): Deceptions + Artbox (Limited), Melody of Oblivion DVD 1 (Hyb): Arrangement + Artbox, Patlabor Movie 3: WXIII DVD (Hyb) Special Edition (3 discs), Sugar, and A Little Snow Fairy DVD 1 (Hyb) + Series Artbox: Sweet Michief (Lim Ed).

I wonder if it's an error or if they oversold their inventory and decided to pull back!
Old 06-08-07, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone know if Digital Eyes/DVDPlanet still does the frequent buyer points? I ordered some anime with the current 20% off coupon, and nothing's been added to my points so far.
Old 06-08-07, 11:42 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by tylerwillis
Does anyone know if Digital Eyes/DVDPlanet still does the frequent buyer points? I ordered some anime with the current 20% off coupon, and nothing's been added to my points so far.
They still have that program, but it does take some time (a week or so) for them to add the frequent buyer points to your account.
Old 06-09-07, 12:06 AM

Well, I did mention on the CAG forums about this "glitch". Looks like someone is doing it...probably shouldn't of said anything...

The way RS's inventory is set-up, there is no restrictions on how much inventory you can have in your cart. So you can put 999 (or whatever) into your inventory.

Eventually your cart will dump as it appears to have a 15-30 minute timeout. This inventory IS NOT placed back into the in-stock counter. It seems to come back a day or so later. Obviously, this is a problem and RS should fix it. It's been like this for years. I discovered it when I was sitting on "1" left in stock of a DVD but I was in class and didn't have my credit card on me, so I kept "wishlisting" to "in cart"ing it to keep it alive, but when my cart died it never came back.
Old 06-09-07, 06:38 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by Ndolger
Well, I did mention on the CAG forums about this "glitch". Looks like someone is doing it...probably shouldn't of said anything...

The way RS's inventory is set-up, there is no restrictions on how much inventory you can have in your cart. So you can put 999 (or whatever) into your inventory.

Eventually your cart will dump as it appears to have a 15-30 minute timeout. This inventory IS NOT placed back into the in-stock counter. It seems to come back a day or so later. Obviously, this is a problem and RS should fix it. It's been like this for years. I discovered it when I was sitting on "1" left in stock of a DVD but I was in class and didn't have my credit card on me, so I kept "wishlisting" to "in cart"ing it to keep it alive, but when my cart died it never came back.
I believe you're right. It looks like it's back to normal now!
Old 06-09-07, 11:49 AM

I'm placing one last order of 10. You guys fill in the blanks. I'm getting:
ROD the TV 5
ROD the TV 6
ROD the TV 7

And 7 more. I'm already ordered Last Exile, Paranoia Agent, Lain, Haibane Renmei, ROD 1-4, and Fighting Spirit 1-2. I'm thinking about vol. 3 of FS and maybe trying out something like Gungrave or Licensed by Royalty. Help me out.
Old 06-09-07, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by yellowjacket621
I'm placing one last order of 10. You guys fill in the blanks. I'm getting:
ROD the TV 5
ROD the TV 6
ROD the TV 7

And 7 more. I'm already ordered Last Exile, Paranoia Agent, Lain, Haibane Renmei, ROD 1-4, and Fighting Spirit 1-2. I'm thinking about vol. 3 of FS and maybe trying out something like Gungrave or Licensed by Royalty. Help me out.
You won't be sorry if you go for Gungrave, IMO!
Old 06-09-07, 12:35 PM

You won't be sorry if you go for Gungrave, IMO!
Okay, cool. I just placed the order:

ROD the TV 5-7 (LE)
Gungrave 1-7

I'm done buying DVDs for at least 6 months.
Old 06-09-07, 12:53 PM

Nice... I was able to fill in on some of my missing volumes. Tempted to pull the trigger on a 2nd, but some of the series that I'm missing didn't get too great of a review here on the forum.

First Order:

* 1 of Chobits DVD 5 (Hyb): Disappearance
* 1 of Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 12 (Hyb): Look of Determination
* 1 of Fighting Spirit (Hajime No Ippo) DVD 15 (Hyb): One Step Further
* 1 of Geneon Special Promo: 25 for $100 offer
* 1 of Heat Guy J DVD 7 (Hyb): Revolution
* 1 of Jubei Chan 2 DVD 1 (Hyb): Resurrection
* 1 of Jubei Chan 2 DVD 2 (Hyb): Vendetta
* 1 of Jubei Chan 2 DVD 3 (Hyb): Revelation
* 1 of Jubei Chan 2 DVD 4 (Hyb): Unification
* 1 of Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 1 (Hyb): Maid in Training
* 1 of Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 2 (Hyb): Hectic Holidays
* 1 of Mahoromatic 2: Something More Beautiful DVD 3 (Hyb): All Good Things..
* 1 of Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 1 (Hyb): Combat Maid
* 1 of Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 2 (Hyb): Haunting Past
* 1 of Mahoromatic: Automatic Maiden DVD 3 (Hyb): A Warrior's Fate
* 1 of Paranoia Agent DVD 2 (Hyb): True Believers
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) OVA Original CD Soundtrack
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 2 (Hyb): The Undercover Student
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 3 (Hyb): The Past
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 4 (Hyb): The Turning Point
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 5 (Hyb): The Darkest Hour
* 1 of Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 6 (Hyb): The End of A Dream
* 1 of Rumiko Takahashi: Anthology DVD 1 (Hyb): Primal Needs + Artbox
* 1 of Sugar, A Little Snow Fairy Summer Special DVD (Hyb) Limited Edition
* 1 of Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD 1 (Hyb): Life Threads
* 1 of Tsukihime, Lunar Legend DVD 2 (Hyb): Lunar Dance

Last edited by tmy727; 06-09-07 at 12:55 PM.
Old 06-09-07, 01:00 PM
Defunct Account

Originally Posted by eldad9
(I can't still edit my posts...)

If anybody wants to grab an extra for me (I just need the box), there's five Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi figures in it for you...
If you're still looking to trade the figures for a ROD 7w/box, e-mail me. [email protected]

(Remove the NOSPAM in the e-mail address)

I tried to e-mail you, but that function is turned off on your account.
Old 06-09-07, 02:16 PM

I emailed Shawne about the order change to swap ROD 7 into my order and he replied within a few hours with "Done." Really great customer service as always. I have yet to even catch up with my backlog from the last Geneon sale but these deals are just too good to pass on.
Old 06-09-07, 02:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

ye i hope they add more to the sale near the end...tho i will suffer a great financial loss...and i still haven't finished all the geneon dvds i bought last yr...or have I...WAIT...YES I HAVE! woohoo...well, all except for Fighting Spirit (which i still need Vol. 14 and the OAV of)...so i will definitely say that after this sale, im turning off my computer, disconnecting my internet, and staying away from you wallet-muching sales and the people who post them O_o
Old 06-09-07, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by DVDmaniac14
...so i will definitely say that after this sale, im turning off my computer, disconnecting my internet, and staying away from you wallet-muching sales and the people who post them O_o

I have been saying the same thing to myself all the time, but never able to do it
Old 06-09-07, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by tsetse27
I have been saying the same thing to myself all the time, but never able to do it
I always hope for more such sales every other month. =P I have come to only buying DVD's, with some exceptions, during sales.
Old 06-09-07, 09:55 PM

You can get Vol 14 and the OVA for Fighting Spirit for about 16 each on Deep Discount.
Old 06-09-07, 11:58 PM

Picked up Fushigi Yugi, 10 volumes of Fighting Spirit, and Chobits.

I'll order again if some more stuff im watching comes back in stock...like Fushigi did this morning...
Old 06-10-07, 02:38 AM

Hey guys, what are your thoughts on these series (worth getting? or rental material?)

Burn-Up Scramble
Melody of Oblivion
Saiyuki Reload
Star Ocean EX
Ultra Maniac
Old 06-10-07, 03:38 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I liked Melody of Oblivion enough to spend $4 a disc on it after I watched the entire series one weekend at a friend's house. It's not the most profound show, but it's very filling.
I could not get past the first disk of Star Ocean EX.
I liked the Burn-Up series(es) as a simple girls-with-guns show, it's a good example of the genre and doesn't try to be anything else.
I have not seen either Ultra Maniac or any of the Saiyuki's to have formed an opinion.
Old 06-10-07, 08:28 AM

Less than 10 R.O.D. the TV 7+box left, so if you haven't made that order yet, hurry~

I haven't watched anything on that list except for Star Ocean EX. I found it to be a mediocre show, mildly reminiscent of Slayers, not bad for a rental, but not quite good enough to actually purchase.

Last edited by qtwerp; 06-10-07 at 08:32 AM.
Old 06-10-07, 09:01 AM
WTK

Aura Battler Dunbine DVD 12 (Hyb): Final Fate of Byston Well: $17.98, Qty Remaining: 3 @ TRSI!
Old 06-10-07, 10:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tmy727
Hey guys, what are your thoughts on these series (worth getting? or rental material?)

Burn-Up Scramble
Melody of Oblivion
Saiyuki Reload
Star Ocean EX
Ultra Maniac
I've only seen the first disc of Ultra Maniac. It seems like a cute entry into the magical girl genre. I enjoyed the first 4 episodes enough to order it from RS. Whenever I'm on the fence about a series, I always go to youtube and check out some clips. It lets me see the character designs and gives me a good feel of whether or not I would like the show.

Burn-Up Scramble- www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW13LsyQRuo

Melody of Oblivion- www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKeLwyLt2gI

Saiyuki Reload- www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRIkf5w3Ns

Star Ocean EX- www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab71ZCtSqrg

Ultra Maniac- www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrVm4mkh8I
Old 06-10-07, 10:42 AM
WTK

I received my two Geneon Bountiful Bargains REMIX orders yesterday.
The two orders were mixed in two boxes (17.5 x 11.5 x 12.5 & 11 x 9 x 12.5). One bonus pack item to report was Magical Project S Set 2 which included a limited edition mini-pencil board. Unfortunately, I didn't get one for Set 1!
Old 06-10-07, 10:55 AM

Awesome! Did that show up on your order? When I last purchased from the original Geneon sale, they listed the catalog as a free item. I didn't get it listed this time and my subscription is out for their catalog, so I wonder if I'll actually receive it or not... hmm...
Old 06-10-07, 01:36 PM

Read or Die (R.O.D.) TV DVD 7 (Hyb) + Artbox + Action Figure (Limited) is back in stock! Well, kind of....
Old 06-10-07, 07:13 PM

I've only seen the first disc of Ultra Maniac. It seems like a cute entry into the magical girl genre. I enjoyed the first 4 episodes enough to order it from RS. Whenever I'm on the fence about a series, I always go to youtube and check out some clips. It lets me see the character designs and gives me a good feel of whether or not I would like the show.

Burn-Up Scramble- www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW13LsyQRuo

Melody of Oblivion- www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKeLwyLt2gI

Saiyuki Reload- www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVRIkf5w3Ns

Star Ocean EX- www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ab71ZCtSqrg

Ultra Maniac- www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZrVm4mkh8I
The problem with Star Ocean is that it ends in the middle of the story. Having played through the game years ago I know exactly what happens, but it is a issue for those who only intend to watch the anime. Saiyuki is one of the worst things to be licensed in recent years. They took a very enjoyable Chinese legend and screwed it over. The ugly character design didn't help, either. Ultramaniac is a good show. The only downside being that the one episode OAV was not included. The digisub is easy to locate, though.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.