Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Seinfeld, Family Guy, Futurama, King of Queens and others $10.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Seinfeld, Family Guy, Futurama, King of Queens and others $10.99 after MIR at FYE B&M

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-07, 06:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wallet Boy
I swore off FYE rebates a few years ago after a number of bad experiences and then a particularly bad one with a Scrubs set, and I had resisted these so far, but $10 for each Simpsons set plus free tickets to the new movie was too good to pass up.

Picked up S4 and S8 yesterday - I now have all the Simpsons seasons I intend to buy - much thanks to the OP and those that kept us updated on this deal.
Ah, and of course they're trying to screw me on the rebates. I submitted both rebates and one was valid and one was not because, as the customer service rep told me, you can't submit both rebates in the same envelope.

Of course, trying to submit the same original receipt in two separate envelopes is tough, but I guess how to do that is up to me to figure out.

So it's off to the fax machine to resubmit and see what happens. Friggin rebates.
Old 07-16-07, 06:56 PM

well, $170 in rebates is now officially in the accepted state.
I anticipate the family guy v4 w/shirt problem, but so far so good. Will be $200 overall if everything goes well.
Old 07-16-07, 08:31 PM

So far I'm only missing 1 rebate confirmation out of 7. Hopefully it isn't lost. Does anyone know what the procedure is if a rebate was lost in the mail?
Old 07-16-07, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ah, and of course they're trying to screw me on the rebates. I submitted both rebates and one was valid and one was not because, as the customer service rep told me, you can't submit both rebates in the same envelope.

Of course, trying to submit the same original receipt in two separate envelopes is tough, but I guess how to do that is up to me to figure out.

So it's off to the fax machine to resubmit and see what happens. Friggin rebates.

if they were both on the same (the rebate listing that is) then you can submit a million in one envelope with only one reciept. However, if they were part of different promos and printed up more than one rebate slip, the register would have automatically given you an extra receipt for each rebate.
Old 07-17-07, 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by db27
if they were both on the same (the rebate listing that is) then you can submit a million in one envelope with only one reciept. However, if they were part of different promos and printed up more than one rebate slip, the register would have automatically given you an extra receipt for each rebate.
Yes, they were the same rebate listing and rebate slip - I didn't even have to tell him my information or who I was. He heard me say "same envelope" and told me that was my problem.
Old 07-17-07, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yes, they were the same rebate listing and rebate slip - I didn't even have to tell him my information or who I was. He heard me say "same envelope" and told me that was my problem.

in that case I suspect they were just looking for a problem! cuz if 35 rebates print on the rebate slip, all you need is a single envelope and a single duplicate receipt.

they are a bunch of dumbasses