Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Superman Ultimate from Warner Store, you get yours?

DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Old 05-09-07, 01:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got this today:
Dear Customer,

Unfortunately,Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, is no longer
available for sale due to a manufacturing error. Please continue to check
the site, as this title will become available again at a later date.

Be assured that you were not billed for the order as it never shipped to
you. It is our policy not to bill for items until they have shipped.

Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for your understanding. We hope
that you visit us again.

Warner Home Video
Customer Service

WTF?!? I ordered it because of the discount, but what is this crap about! I thought for sure that I'd get a good copy from them. It was supposed to ship on 5/29 and the next thing I get is a cancellation. So did anybody get theres or are they cancelling them to do away with the discounted orders??
Old 05-09-07, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,009 Likes on 615 Posts
Just got my email for this as well. What sucks is I ordered another dvd (that I didn't really need) to get the free shipping and of course they sent that.

My guess is that they realized what a cheap price they were selling these for and instead of taking a possible loss, they cancelled the orders.

Really sucks. I might call them to see what's going on since they were supposed to be re-releasing this at the end of the month.
Old 05-09-07, 02:15 PM

Customer service said "They are not going to make it now". What b*llsh*t. Excuse my langauge.

Contacting the Customer Service Department
You can reach customer service by e-mail, telephone or regular mail. Our representatives are available to answer your phone calls between the hours of 8:00 AM and Midnight Monday through Friday and Saturday from 8:30am to 7:00pm, Eastern Standard Time (except holidays).

E-mail address: [email protected].

Phone Number: (800) 364-6928

Regular Mail:

Warner Home Video
P.O. Box 30620
Tampa, FL 33630-0620
Old 05-09-07, 02:16 PM

I got the same email today from them. Really sucks.
Old 05-09-07, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Me too.

I am at a loss to understand this.
Old 05-09-07, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik68
Customer service said "They are not going to make it now". What b*llsh*t. Excuse my langauge.
The e-mail says that the item will be available at a later date.
Old 05-09-07, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by exharrison
The e-mail says that the item will be available at a later date.
So why are our orders cancelled then??? If we're not being charged (till it ships) I'd rather have an open order and wait. Sigh.

Edit: Plus it wasnt supposed to ship until 5/29 anyway!
Old 05-09-07, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
It still is listed on their site:

http://whv.warnerbros.com/WHVPORTAL/...eName=Superman
Old 05-09-07, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

No way this so not right!
Old 05-09-07, 03:44 PM

Yeah I got the same email today just got off the phone customer service said all orders were canceled because there is as the email says a defect with the manufacturer.
Said they will be sending a email when its available she could not answer why they could not leave the order open though.

She said it supposed to have been removed from the site ,but its still there for me.

This is twice I feel I've been screwed on this set the first one I bought the some of the disc were loose and got scratched up lucky for me the store since they had no more refunded my money.

All I can say is if I see this on store shelfs or on the site available for order on the 29th I'm going to be pissed and will be calling them.
Old 05-09-07, 03:44 PM

I just pre-ordered it from Amazon. I also emailed Bill Hunt to see if he can get anywhere with this.

Sucks that I need to pay $20 more at amazon over my Warner pre-order.
Old 05-09-07, 04:10 PM

I have a feeling that if you ordered from the WB site for $79.95 that your order wouldnt be cancelled. Grrrrrr.
Old 05-23-07, 01:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Anyone heard anything else on this? It is still showing on their website with a release date of 5-29-07.
Old 05-23-07, 01:53 PM

My last talk with WB customer service was that it was supposed to have been removed from their website (obviously not). My attempts at explaining to them that the version they cancelled was the version to correct the mistake (they seemed to think that the 5/29 version was the defective version) were also fruitless. I told them it was still on their site and they were puzzled by that and said that if you ordered it - it would also be cancelled (although I have my doubts about that especially if you order it at $79.95 - Anyone willing to take a $79.95 chance at that? ). They did say that when the "corrected version" was available that everyone who got their order cancelled would get an email to tell us it was available again - although at what price they could not (or would not) tell me. I tried to explain that the "corrected version" is on Amazon with a ship date of 5/29 just like the one listed on their website but again the mantra was that the one I ordered was cancelled for being defective.

If their offer is full price and not what I originally ordered it for or the "corrected version" that shows up on their website has a release date of 5/29 (just like the one they cancelled), then they've lost a first time customer.

I think they just dont want to send it to me, and others, for the price that I had ordered it for (around $53 with discounts) IMHO.

This Ultimate Superman set has been a fiasco on so many different levels. The tin must be made of kryptonite!
Old 05-24-07, 07:04 PM

Update....

Just got this is the mail...

Dear Valued Customer,

Recently we contacted you about your order for the Superman Ultimate Collector?s Edition. At that time, the selection had become unavailable and your order was canceled. The Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition is once again back on schedule for May 29th, 2007. We would like to offer you this one time use coupon to place your order again with 10% off. This coupon is good until 6/30/2007 and cannot be combined with any other offer.

Please enter the below code once you have the item in your cart.

Coupon Code SUPDCI

We thank you for your understanding in this matter and hope that you will shop with us again.

Regards,
WHV Online Customer Service

(Now makes it $6 cheaper than Amazon)
Old 05-24-07, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Erik68
(Now makes it $6 cheaper than Amazon)
Actually this make it $14.39 MORE than it was in the order that they cancelled for no good reason which was $57.56.

Why is it that I dont feel like a "valued" customer?
Old 05-24-07, 08:22 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Phibes
Actually this make it $14.39 MORE than it was in the order that they cancelled for no good reason which was $57.56.

Why is it that I dont feel like a "valued" customer?
Because you and I and others got shafted?
Old 05-24-07, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by speedy1961
You are correct, sir.
Old 05-24-07, 08:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by speedy1961
I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to all of you who ordered this set through the Warner Store site. I believe I would be demanding they sell it to you at the price you originally ordered it for. This is not right, and if nobody stands up, and fights it, then they will continue to get away with this type of wrong doing.

Speedy, did you not pick this set up when it was originally released? I thought that you had. I am glad I did, especially considering that I paid so little for it, after all the discounts I had. I was lucky enough to have no problems getting replacements for the incorrect discs. Plus, I also got the 5 posters, which are nice.
Old 05-24-07, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Yeah, I got the email too. Trust me, I will be making a call to their customer service department tomorrow. This is bullshit.
Old 05-24-07, 10:00 PM

I got this email today and the price one the Warner Store site is $79.99. So I get 10% off? FORGET IT! I want it for $57 something like it was before they cancelled it. Should be a 25% off coupon to make up for their mess up.
Old 05-24-07, 10:58 PM

Obviously, they canceled our initial orders in hopes of making up the loss for their expensive mistake with the first set. However, since they don't have to share the profits with a third party I find this bait and switch scheme dishonorable on their part. I will not be placing a new order with them now or for future items.
Old 05-25-07, 09:53 AM

I got the email this morning I am a little pissed off at this wish there was someone to report them to .
I did notice the " WBWEL " code does work still bringing it to $63.96 ,but will not stack.
I was tempted to make another order using it ,but this whole thing has left me with a sour taste in my mouth.
Old 05-25-07, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by psychopuppet420
I got the email this morning I am a little pissed off at this wish there was someone to report them to .
BBB?
I'm not really sure how valid the complaint would be, though.
Old 05-25-07, 10:14 AM

I talked to cutomer service, she said they are getting tons of complaints about this situation and are waiting for a decision from Burbank on what they are going to do to make customers happy.

She said she'd call me when they hear anything, so, we'll see. She also said she understands why everyone is frustrated over this, and that they should have never cancelled the pre-orders since the item was never removed from the site between the two email communications.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.