Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Superman Ultimate from Warner Store, you get yours?

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Superman Ultimate from Warner Store, you get yours?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-07, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by exharrison
BBB?
I'm not really sure how valid the complaint would be, though.
It seems like it could be considered a bait and switch. They cancelled orders, claiming the item wouldn't be ready in time for the 5/29 release date. Then, it's all of a sudden back on track for that date and they're letting people whose orders were cancelled reorder it, for $15-20 more than the original order.
Old 05-25-07, 11:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik68
I talked to cutomer service, she said they are getting tons of complaints about this situation and are waiting for a decision from Burbank on what they are going to do to make customers happy.

She said she'd call me when they hear anything, so, we'll see. She also said she understands why everyone is frustrated over this, and that they should have never cancelled the pre-orders since the item was never removed from the site between the two email communications.
I didnt get the "understanding" but I did get an email sent into Burbank. We'll see what they do. I doubt that we'll be happy with what they say, but I'm prepared to be surprised. The pertinent line of text in the 10% off email is "back on track" when it never appeared that this item was off the track and really was on the site the whole time but at a higher price.
Old 05-25-07, 01:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
I'm sorry to hear that this is happening to all of you who ordered this set through the Warner Store site. I believe I would be demanding they sell it to you at the price you originally ordered it for. This is not right, and if nobody stands up, and fights it, then they will continue to get away with this type of wrong doing.

Speedy, did you not pick this set up when it was originally released? I thought that you had. I am glad I did, especially considering that I paid so little for it, after all the discounts I had. I was lucky enough to have no problems getting replacements for the incorrect discs. Plus, I also got the 5 posters, which are nice.
I had ordered it, and then wrong disc / features scandal broke. So I did cancel my Amazon order until the set was fixed.

Then I reorder for $53+ change at the WB store and then they cancel my order.

Arrghhhhhh >>>>>
Old 05-25-07, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Location: In a small pocket universe hoping to someday become a Moderator Emeritus at DVDTalk.com!
Originally Posted by brianluvdvd
This is bullshit.

You are being WAY too polite my friend.
Old 05-25-07, 02:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Erik68
I talked to cutomer service, she said they are getting tons of complaints about this situation and are waiting for a decision from Burbank on what they are going to do to make customers happy.
I wonder how long it will take for them to reach a decision. Of course the notice that it was newly available went out about two weeks after they cancelled all of our orders. I doubt there was ever any change in the product's status.
Old 05-25-07, 02:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,083 Likes on 657 Posts
I called WB and the rep said that there was nothing she could do. She said that she could answer questions as best as possible but there would be no one there until Tusday (after the holiday) to discuss reinstatement (her word) of my order. She said that they would likely restate it but it would be at the new price with the 10% discount. Told her that was crap but she said to call back on Tuesday to discuss it with a manager. I plan to.
Old 05-25-07, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Here's my e-mail response to their request for a reorder:

So you want me to reorder something which I already had placed with you and that you cancelled AND at higher price?

You must be mad.

And you've lost a long time DC / Warner Brothers customer.

Since we're talking deals here I'll tell ya what:

I'll place a re-order with you for this IF you'll buy my rare 2001 $1 bill for the bargain price of $50.

You do that and I'll place the order..... free shipping be damned!

Let me know.

Thanks
Old 05-25-07, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Speedy, my friend, you are just so funny! I can't wait to see their response to this. I urge everyone to E-mail them some sort of ridiculous reply, to send them the message that what they are doing is just as ridiculous!
Old 05-25-07, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by MadonnasManOne
Speedy, my friend, you are just so funny! I can't wait to see their response to this. I urge everyone to E-mail them some sort of ridiculous reply, to send them the message that what they are doing is just as ridiculous!
It would send a message.
Old 05-25-07, 03:59 PM

They must think we all be fools to fall for their 10% off deal .
Old 06-05-07, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Just got a follow-up e-mail today:
Please reorder the item using the 10% discount code provided. Once you
have reordered the item, return this email with your new order number.
We
will credit you the difference from the price quoted on the original
order.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Regards,
Online Customer Service
Old 06-05-07, 09:44 PM

Just got a follow-up e-mail today:
Please reorder the item using the 10% discount code provided. Once you
have reordered the item, return this email with your new order number.
We
will credit you the difference from the price quoted on the original
order.

Thanks again for contacting us.

Regards,
Online Customer Service
Hmmmm, I wonder if you can get the 10% off the original order? That would be nice for the run-around that we've gotten. I just dont like this "order it" and then we'll credit you for it later bit. What if they forget?
Old 06-05-07, 09:54 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phibes
Hmmmm, I wonder if you can get the 10% off the original order? That would be nice for the run-around that we've gotten. I just dont like this "order it" and then we'll credit you for it later bit. What if they forget?
Dispute the charge, I suppose. I was not one of the few to have gotten in on the $33 or $7 deals, so this is a tempting compromise.
Old 06-05-07, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Nevermind - thought this was the FYE thread.

Reading - it's FUNdamental.

Last edited by Scott27; 06-05-07 at 11:28 PM.
Old 06-06-07, 07:57 AM

Dispute the charge, I suppose. I was not one of the few to have gotten in on the $33 or $7 deals, so this is a tempting compromise.
Good luck to you exharrison, I got in on the FYE deal and will probably not mess with WB anymore, but I may write them an email about how rotten their reaction to this has been in the first place. I'm still waiting to hear back from "Burbank" about my last talk with the CSR....Sigh.
Old 06-06-07, 08:08 AM

One more thing: Will they send you a receipt showing the discount? Because the say I read it they're saying order it with the 10% off ($70 something) and they we'll give you a discount to reflect your original order. To me this says you'll get a receipt for the $70 and it's up to the CSR to give you the discount. I wouldnt like that.
Old 06-06-07, 08:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts
It's probably moot by now for most folks, but you can get this now for $55.97 shipped from DVD Planet, or $58.24 from DDD, as part of their 20% off sales.

Good thru some time next week.
Old 06-06-07, 08:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Phibes
Good luck to you exharrison, I got in on the FYE deal and will probably not mess with WB anymore, but I may write them an email about how rotten their reaction to this has been in the first place. I'm still waiting to hear back from "Burbank" about my last talk with the CSR....Sigh.
I made that thread and didn't get it. I'm glad at least a few of the DVDTalkers have gotten in though. I've benefitted from so many deals on here.
It's probably moot by now for most folks, but you can get this now for $55.97 shipped from DVD Planet, or $58.24 from DDD, as part of their 20% off sales.

Good thru some time next week.
Midnight on the 17th, I believe. But IIRC from previous years it tends to end at like 8PM that night, so probably want to make sure orders are in by like 5PM on the 16th.