Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '07

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

Official - ANIME Bargains! - Thread [updated daily...or close to it] - April '07

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-07, 08:59 PM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Too late. I never saw it, and my local FYE has a small used selection anyways.
Old 04-29-07, 09:13 AM
WTK
Anime Talk Contributor / Moderator

Received 541 Likes on 475 Posts
BestBuy.com

BestBuy.com has Trinity Blood, Vol.6 for $14.99. This is probably a temporary price reduction and store pickup should be available for most stores!
Old 04-29-07, 09:28 AM
WTK

Golden Week Anime Sale! @ ADVFilms.com

Up to 75% off select products! Free Gift with purchase!
Sale ends May 6th!

All Sales are Final. Unless otherwise noted, defective products may be returned within 14 days of purchase, for EXCHANGE or IN STORE-CREDIT ONLY. NO REFUNDS. A 10% restocking fee may apply. Shipping charges are NOT refundable.

Products offered through this sale are clearance and close-out items. As such, product bar codes will be reconfigured, replaced or physically altered (including by means of cutting, punching or drilling). Some products may be open box. Some products may be delivered without full retail packaging. Except as expressly provided otherwise, products are sold as-is.

SHIPPING AND HANDLING:
ADV Films ships items to all 50 states and Canada. After packing is complete, most orders will be sent via FedEx.
Most DVD orders will be processed and shipped within seven (7) to ten (10) business days. *Exceptions are noted below.
Please be aware that all credit cards are charged as soon as your order is submitted. If a product is sold out or becomes unavailable, your credit card will be promptly refunded (some banks may take up to ten (10) business days to reflect this refund).

*EXCEPTIONS INCLUDE:
1. ALL SALE ITEMS. Please allow 1 - 4 weeks for processing and shipping due to high sales volumes.
2. Out-of-Stock Items.
3. Newtype USA magazine; please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery.
4. ADV Manga; please allow up to 6 weeks for delivery from printer.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us HERE.
Old 04-30-07, 10:15 AM
WTK

Once in a Blue Moon Sale! @ RightStuf.com

It's the kind of sale that comes around "once in a blue moon"... find discounts on DVDs, CDs and merchandise from Right Stuf! From truly old-school classics (Astro Boy and Kimba) and modern faves (SHINGU, Boogiepop, His and Her Circumstances and Gravitation) to the very latest titles announced for release including To Heart and The Third: The Girl With the Blue Eye! (YES, that means pre-orders are included!)

From now until May 2, take 40% OFF the retail price of DVDs and 33% OFF the retail price of CDs and merchandise from Right Stuf, Critical Mass Video and AnimeTrax. (Again, this includes pre-orders!)

How? Just use the following reusable coupon code when you check out through RightStuf.com:

* Coupon Code: bluemoon
* Expires: May 2, 2007 at 11:59 CDT

REMEMBER: If you're a Got Anime member, you can stack your discounts for even more savings! (This means you have the potential to save up to 46% OFF on DVDs and up to 40% on merchandise and CDs! Check out www.gotanime.com for details.)

Not sure which products are included in the sale? Start your search by clicking on the "Blue Moon Sale Items" graphic on the upper right hand corner of our main page. (Please note: Bargain bin, weekly special and closeout items are not eligible for the coupon because they're already awesome deals.)
Old 04-30-07, 01:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much does WorstBuy charge for shipping from the Kisok? I want MKR S 1 and 2 and Banner of the Satrs II. I'd like Blue Seed and Brain Powered, but not on the kisok/site and oos at every store. o.x
Old 04-30-07, 03:07 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Mr Bear1116
How much does WorstBuy charge for shipping from the Kisok? I want MKR S 1 and 2 and Banner of the Satrs II. I'd like Blue Seed and Brain Powered, but not on the kisok/site and oos at every store. o.x
I believe S/H is somewhere below $2 ($1.79 if I remember correctly). FYI, MKR 1 & 2 (I'm assuming you were referring to Magic Knight Rayearth 1 & 2) and Banner of the Stars II can be ordered directly from your computer for $14.99 each. The only way to get Blue Seed for $22.99 and Brain Powered for $17.99 is if you find it at your local store (extremely YMMV). Both of these titles are not available for order via the store kiosk.
Old 04-30-07, 03:19 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's a shame... I want the 7th volume of Godannar but there's no way that I'm going to spend $9 on shipping for one DVD from ADV. That's just ridiculous!
Old 04-30-07, 03:42 PM

Yes, I noticed Blue Seed and Brain Powered cannot be ordered. That shipping cost isn't bad. Maybe I will go and order the others online.
Old 04-30-07, 03:42 PM
WTK

Originally Posted by Dragon Fly
It's a shame... I want the 7th volume of Godannar but there's no way that I'm going to spend $9 on shipping for one DVD from ADV. That's just ridiculous!
It's not just the high cost for S/H. It takes around a month or longer for to receive your order and they punch/mutilate the UPC barcode. In addition to all that, they also have pretty lousy customer service as well. This is why I personally don't order anything from them!
Old 04-30-07, 03:44 PM
DVD & Video Game Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by WTK
It's not just the high cost for S/H. It takes around a month or longer for to receive your order and they punch/mutilate the UPC barcode. In addition to all that, they also have pretty lousy customer service as well. This is why I personally don't order anything from them!
Yeah, i tend to stick with rightstuf. ADV always tempts me with their sales but then I remember why I never order from them
Old 05-01-07, 05:24 PM

Good lord, $9 shipping now? Wow.
Old 05-02-07, 08:14 PM

I think they bump up the shipping when they have the "free gift with purchase" offers. If I remember right, it's $5 for the first item and $1 for each additional item normally, while currently it's $9 for 1-5 items and $1 for each additional item over the 5th. So if you get 5 or more items it's the same as it would be otherwise. I had good luck with them the one time I ordered from them, but the stories I've heard about their non-existent customer service and the fact that the prices aren't all that great have kept me from ordering again.
Old 05-03-07, 02:40 AM
Needs to contact an admin about multiple accounts

BestBuy.com

Gundam Zeta: 1-3 - $11.99
Iczer 1 - $6.99
Five Star Stories - $6.99
Old 05-03-07, 05:26 AM
WTK

Originally Posted by mcarocks2003
BestBuy.com

Gundam Zeta: 1-3 - $11.99
Iczer 1 - $6.99
Five Star Stories - $6.99
Gundam Zeta : 1-3 and Five Star Stories are already on the Best Buy table. Iczer 1 was on the table in the past, I'm not sure why it was removed from it.

FYI, MAY'S ANIME BARGIN THREAD IS UP!