Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Shopping Discussions > DVD Bargains
Reload this Page >

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Community
Search
DVD Bargains Post and Discuss DVD Related Bargains including DVD Clubs

(DEAD) WB Store Sale HD, BDs and DVDs - Really good deals check it out!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-07, 07:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hmm..I ordered the 16th, and have had no e-mails other than my order confirmation. The order history website just says "in process". My card has not been billed yet either....

--John
Old 04-24-07, 10:49 AM

They are really slow. Took a month for me to get my seasons of OZ and I only got a shipping confirmation the day I received them. lol.
Old 04-24-07, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by JSwarce
Hmm..I ordered the 16th, and have had no e-mails other than my order confirmation. The order history website just says "in process". My card has not been billed yet either....

--John
I got a shipping confirmation after I got a response from their CS, two days after I e-mailed them and a day after it "shipped".
Old 04-24-07, 08:36 PM

Anybody who ordered Planet Earth have it shipped yet? Release day is Tuesday the 24th. i'm just getting impatient....

--John
I got the DVD set the day before it was released, but I just got an email about my blu-ray order saying that it's backordered. I placed the order around 4/10/07. Not good.
Old 04-24-07, 08:42 PM

Looks like RNDIS and WBWEL are both working separately, but not combined anymore. Any know of another 10% off coupon that can stack on WBWEL?
Old 04-25-07, 09:39 AM

Does anyone know anything funny about The Wire season 3 on their site? Everywhere else I've seen, it's going for upwards of $80 but they have it for under $50...($39 with 20% off). This is the full season right? If so that might be the best deal I've ever found.
Old 04-27-07, 07:41 AM

Well, I got an e-mail from Warners saying the Planet Earth HD-DVD is on backorder! My card wasn't billed, so I may just wait it out.....

--John
Old 04-30-07, 12:08 PM

I used both coupons when I ordered my Planet Earth but they charged my credit card for the amount using only the 20 percent coupon. When I emailed them they said you can only use one coupon at a time so they canceled the 10 percent coupon. You may want to check your credit card statements when they come in.
Old 04-30-07, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by TonsOfMovies
I used both coupons when I ordered my Planet Earth but they charged my credit card for the amount using only the 20 percent coupon. When I emailed them they said you can only use one coupon at a time so they canceled the 10 percent coupon. You may want to check your credit card statements when they come in.

wow... that would really suck if this happens to everyone. I pre-ordered a few titles from them with all of the coupons. If anyone else can confirm they canceled their coupon, I will try to cancel my order.

Last edited by The No Man; 04-30-07 at 01:45 PM.
Old 04-30-07, 04:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TonsOfMovies
pretty sure THAT isn't legal...
Old 04-30-07, 05:41 PM

My plant earth blue ray arrived today.
Old 04-30-07, 07:18 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
pretty sure THAT isn't legal...
Check out this thread! It'll blow your mind!

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491638

I would agree with you but I can testify from personal experience that what seems to be obviously "legal" doesn't always work out to be that obvious for the seller and Amazon got away with it. Now, the only difference I see is that the Amazon deal was knowingly and obviously a pricing error whereas this one was not. I mean no one checked out with 100% discounts (or close to it) like in the Amazon pricing error. Still, time will only tell if this bites us in the ass too.

BTW, I checked my credit card statement for the first 20+ HD DVDs that shipped and it was correctly charged at the 28% discount level, but I am still waiting on four HD DVDs, Planet Earth and Matrix being the most notable of the four.
Old 04-30-07, 07:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by sumdeus
Check out this thread! It'll blow your mind!

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/showthread.php?t=491638

I would agree with you but I can testify from personal experience that what seems to be obviously "legal" doesn't always work out to be that obvious for the seller and Amazon got away with it. Now, the only difference I see is that the Amazon deal was knowingly and obviously a pricing error whereas this one was not. I mean no one checked out with 100% discounts (or close to it) like in the Amazon pricing error. Still, time will only tell if this bites us in the ass too.

BTW, I checked my credit card statement for the first 20+ HD DVDs that shipped and it was correctly charged at the 28% discount level, but I am still waiting on four HD DVDs, Planet Earth and Matrix being the most notable of the four.
Heh, I lurked through that whole incident, actually. But I feel the same logic; there was nothing to really indicate that it was "exploitation" even, and we DID agree to a charge of some kind. So far I've been charged correctly as well. And I'll definitely contest it if they try any such thing.
Old 04-30-07, 07:36 PM
g
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 85 Likes on 43 Posts
Make a copy of the email with what you agreed to pay and challenge it with your credit card company if youve been overcharged.
Old 05-01-07, 07:24 AM

--John
I just received shipping notification! Can't wait to get Planet Earth!

--John
Old 05-02-07, 10:50 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just got a ship notice on Pan's Labyrinth o.O
Old 05-02-07, 11:20 PM
Cool New Member

Originally Posted by FangsFirst
I just got a ship notice on Pan's Labyrinth o.O
metoo
Tracking info has a Scheduled Delivery on 5/04
Old 05-03-07, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by metoo
metoo
Tracking info has a Scheduled Delivery on 5/04
Sadly mine is much slower, but I guess mine has to cross the continent.
(looking at Monday)
Old 05-03-07, 07:06 AM

I got a shipping notice for Pan's and Droopy. This is pretty damn sweet considering it comes out in two weeks. For those curious, WHV charged me the original price I agreed to (with the 20% and 10% off coupons on it). Now I will truly feel blessed if my Popeye set ships two weeks early.
Old 05-03-07, 11:19 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also just received a shipping notice from them saying my Droopy collection is on the way and the price they are charging ($15.33) is the same as the one at the time of purchase minus both 20% and 10% coupons plus state sales tax. The previous shipment from the same order (Venture Bros. s2, Batman Beyond s3 and The Batman S3) were also charged as stated at the time of purchase ($44.45 for all three) so unless the remaining two titles from the order (Harvey Birdman S3 and Popeye) are charged for more when they finally ship, it would appear that in my case they are sticking to the agreed upon original prices when the order was placed.
Old 05-03-07, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

and to throw it in, mine was also the original agreed price.
Old 05-08-07, 10:47 AM

With every order that I receive from WB I am more and more amazed at the shape my discs are in.
They are completely fine and I am completely amazed by this.

They are packed atrociously.

My DVD are bouncing around a near empty box all through shipping and get to my house in mint condition.

I am in shock about this.

Poor packing job from WB despite my not having a problem...YET.
Old 05-08-07, 10:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DrnknMstr2
With every order that I receive from WB I am more and more amazed at the shape my discs are in.
They are completely fine and I am completely amazed by this.

They are packed atrociously.

My DVD are bouncing around a near empty box all through shipping and get to my house in mint condition.

I am in shock about this.

Poor packing job from WB despite my not having a problem...YET.
Me too. Here's to hoping my Matrix HD-DVD set arrives unscathed.
Old 05-09-07, 11:22 AM

I received my Droopy set on Monday (5/7) and I just realized that the set isn't due out until 5/15.

Pretty cool to get it so early.
Old 05-09-07, 02:13 PM

No Superman!!! This is the email I just got from WB

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately,Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition, is no longer
available for sale due to a manufacturing error. Please continue to check
the site, as this title will become available again at a later date.

Be assured that you were not billed for the order as it never shipped to
you. It is our policy not to bill for items until they have shipped.

Again, our sincere apologies and thank you for your understanding. We hope
that you visit us again.

Warner Home Video
Customer Service

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.